Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Herman Blaster, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Herman Blaster

Herman Blaster Junior Member

Requeum for a dream...

Crazy ass movie. Very well done, but super intense. I had me spun for like a half hour after I watched it. Anyone else seen it, have thoughts on it?

2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i think there was a topic about this a while back. but anyways, fuck, i loved that movie. that old lady really pissed me off though. and that stupid show made me mad too. but it was a cool movie.

3. DoughBoy

DoughBoy New Jack

That movie is THE SHIT!!!! I have bought everything REQUIEM releated. "style without substance"

4. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i think the guys girlfriend was the most disturbing character

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

5. pukey1

pukey1 Elite Member

...there was...

6. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

i saw it yesterday
    intense is the right word

7. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

boogie hands> youre right. now taht i think about it. she was a hoe. fuck, i agree. i dont like her.

8. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

requiem was a fuckin good movie,,really disturbing though. the guys girlfriend and the old lady depressed the hell outta me. i was a litte out of sorts for about 30 minutes afterwards. has anyone seenthe unedited version by the way???i dont know where you can get it, i heard its not that much different though from a friend who dled it.

9. jungle cat

jungle cat Elite Member

read the book you lazy good for nothings.

10. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

That was one of the most intense movies I have ever seen. Most movies have an average of 300 cuts, but RFAD had over 600....

I really liked the drug using scenes and the visuals/sound effects....

but the best part is definetly...

ASS TO ASS!!
    ASS TO ASS!!
    ASS TO ASS!!
    ASS TO ASS!!
    ASS TO ASS!!

------------------
    [​IMG]
    P.O. Box 1030
    Jeffersonville, IN 47131

Issue#3 out now! Issue #1 and #2 still available.

"Aryan Nations and Hammerskins,
    You can wear my nuts on your nazi chins!"

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

that scene made me sick to my stomach. that and the ass raping scene from 'leaving las vegas' are probably the most disturbing things ive seen on film...

12. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

......im so fucking sleeping on that movie...and yes i will start a new topic when i see it too...r...

13. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i've seen the unedited version. i downloaded off the net.i haven't seen the edited version so i don't know what was cut out. but it was intense.

14. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

I saw Requiem for a Dream last week. My girlfriend and I rented it. She cried for about an hour after the movie ended. I think I traumatized her. I, on the other hand, thought that it was a great movie. Darren Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors. I hear that he’s slated to direct the new Batman movie that he is co-writing with Frank Miller.

The guy at the video store said that the only major difference between the edited and unedited version is that in the unedited version, the “ass to ass” scene is a lot more graphic. You can find the unrated version online at amazon.com, although it’s kind of expensive at the moment.

-Al

[This message has been edited by alkaline (edited 08-24-2001).]

15. Spree

Spree Junior Member

Say word..

If you guys have not seen pi by all means rent it.. This is a anthor darren movie and the same dude who does the camera work and shit is in it too. My sisters friend went out with darren back in the day.. no shit.. really

peace