1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

requiem for a dream

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ohnoone, Jun 4, 2001.

1. ohnoone

ohnoone 12oz Elite Member

requiem for a dream

Discussion started by ohnoone - Jun 4, 2001

i know there was a topic about this a long time ago, but i just saw the shit, and fuck me. this is one of the most disturbing movies ive seen in a while. i seriously got up and layed on the floor in my bathroom during the last five minutes. anyone else?
    other fucked up movies to suggest?

ohnoone - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. PurpleJargon

PurpleJargon 12oz Junior Member

PurpleJargon - Replied Jun 4, 2001

i didn't think it was that fucked up. that's the real world. you wanna see some FUCKED up shit, watch some Troma movies... dear lord. i'd recommend Tromeo and Juliete.

PurpleJargon - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  3. PurpleJargon

darren aronofsky is directing the new batman. it'll be the only decent one in the series since tim burton directed it.

4. platapie

platapie Guest

platapie - Replied Jun 4, 2001

man req was a good movie but sum parts i agree i was likewhoa! gummo is pretty good. if any1 nos what subtitle looks like check out the midget in that movie and tell me there not sum how related.

5. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

Fox Mulder - Replied Jun 4, 2001

i just watched it again for the second time. i was able to follow it a little better this time. good movie, the part i found disturbing was him getting his arm cut off. thats just fucked up. but i'm sure that kinda shit happens a lot.

Fox Mulder - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth 12oz Senior Member

Jesus of Nazareth - Replied Jun 4, 2001

There is some movie called "un Chin andulisha" (this is how is sounds when pronounced, I'm not even gonna try to spell it correctly). Salvador Dali was in on the production of it, and it is supposed to be really intense. It is pretty hard to find, and it might have subtitles...Gummo sucks.

Jesus of Nazareth - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Jun 4, 2001

i got jipped ta def on that one. i get it at blockbuster.. they only carry the EDITED version. it still left me with a weird feeling, but i gotta see the real deal

8. Jesus of Nazareth

Jesus of Nazareth 12oz Senior Member

Jesus of Nazareth - Replied Jun 4, 2001

I forgot to mention any movie with Divine in it....pink flamingos, i think. Divine eats dog shit, and there is a guy that has a dancing ass hole.

Jesus of Nazareth - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. dBUSH

dBUSH Guest

dBUSH - Replied Jun 4, 2001

I thought it was a good movie- a little excessive maybe- I didn't dig the rapid scene jumping though. They should show that movie to little kids instead of all that D.A.R.E. bullshit, I sure know not to do heroin now.

10. PurpleJargon

yeah, the edited version is wack. jesus, i don't know the name either, but i think i know the film you're speaking of. where they cut open a human eye of a living person. it's not that dope considering that dali produced.

11. otto dix

otto dix 12oz Veteran Member

otto dix - Replied Jun 4, 2001

some other good or just fucked up movies to check out:

- the edge of depravity
    - fantastic planet
    - cannibal ferox (or cannibal holocaust is the U.S. version i think, i may be wrong)
    - dismembering mama
    - gummo (already a classic)
    - flowers in the attic

keep em' coming.

otto dix - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! 12oz Member

tow up from tha flow up ! - Replied Jun 4, 2001

I agree, anything by John Waters is fucked up, but his movie's really are just unusual to watch, they never really effect me.

If you liked Requeim for a Dream make sure you see Pi (as in the math symbol), it's by the same director. I thought it was even better than RFAD.

Also, check out Dancer in the Dark. Bjork's movie. It's amazing, it'll have you sobbing. I mean literally, none of that watery eye crap, you will be crying. It's a great flick.

Last but not least, best movie of all time.. (drum roll)... Momento. It's about this guy who looses his short term memory due to a blow to the head by the people who were raping and killing his wife. He can't remember anything past that point, all he knows is he has to kill these men.. See it!!

Oh, and Gummo takes place only about an hour away from my house in Xenia, OH. haha. But it was really filmed in Tenn. so it doesn't count.

------------------
    PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

tow up from tha flow up ! - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. PurpleJargon

they don't effect me either, but if he thought requiem for a dream was fucked up...
    the brody cracked me up. deaf dealers and sign language.

14. brown twinkie

brown twinkie 12oz Veteran Member

brown twinkie - Replied Jun 4, 2001

your opinion sucks.
    dancer in the dark is a good flick, but i
    wouldn't say it was 'fucked up'.
    lars von trier's 'idiots' is more of a fun
    'fucked up' movie instead.
    the 'celebration' is nice and good fun fucked.
    eraserhead is a nice head fuck and the soundtrack
    is even more of a cumshot to the face.

brown twinkie - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. Raels

Raels 12oz Member

Raels - Replied Jun 4, 2001

I saw Momento actually. Definitely a dope movie. I thought the ending might have used a little adjustment but the whole thing was really fuckin innovative.

But yeah Requiem For a Dream was pretty damn impressive. A pretty simple concept taken to the outer limits of what you can do with a camera. I saw some Kubrick influence underneath that movie for sure. The quick-style editing and the build up to the end really grabbed me ... Am I the only one who thought the script was kind of outdated? Marlon Wayans was sayin shit like "jive" and "groovin" ... ???

I read somewhere that Aronofsky put a lot of work into pushing Pi, and ended up getting the funding for Requiem from its success. I guess the hard work pays off eventually. Batman though?? I don't know ... Someone should get Frank Miller to translate The Dark Knight into a film already, those movies have been beaten-the-fuck-to-death.

[This message has been edited by Raels (edited 06-04-2001).]

Raels - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: