Repetition

NiceGuy3000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by NiceGuy3000

While many artists, even traditional and classic fine art, have gone through phases of repetition of theme or style or color, it is usually part of a lifetime evolution of their art.

This whole thing came to me at that Modart show, Boardin' for Breast Cancer on Haight St. in SF... the one where popular 'street artists' were given breast molds to paint. With only a few exceptions, every artist did exactly what you would expect them to... Bigfoot painted a Bigfoot character, Shepard covered his with Obey stickers.. so on and so on.

Is this legit?

. I just hope that, Twist isn't still drawing those faces with bags under their eyes when he is 70 years old. (Judging by the Twist/Espo/Reas block party he won't).

these kind of critiques should be open for discussion in the graff and street art community.

Thanks for your time.

oh man, does this guy sound like a cop or what?

THE LAW

Guest THE LAW

first of all, anyone who's first post is "who's up in my neighborhood?" is immediately suspicious. c'mon...readyour first post again and tell me it's not suspicious.

MR.NiceGuy3000 says:

So who is up in the East Bay - and who of these are actually from the East Bay? Who is king - besides Dream. Giant? Cels? am I an idiot who is missing the best pieces?

And who is falling-off: Pepsi - up everywhere and nothing new for a long time. And what happened to Taboo?

And what is up with the whole Fare/Fares things? Is this the smae person, is this a battle or some kind of contest? Both are prolific, but I'm giving Fares bonus points for roof-top throw-ups in Rockridge.

Who else is up:

Done, Asure, Grate, Ceaver, Nungi, Emuse, Eskae, Evol, DOOM, Meut, TFG, Cels, Disease, Element, Brave, Ascent, TDK, DA, Kill U Kid, Habit, and a bunch of other I can't even read.... whom I missing?

THE LAW is just telling fools to keep their eyes open. You sound like a cop. You ask questions like a cop would, and you know the type of things that a cop would. Beardo is right, you could just be some intellectual artsy crusty punk kid...whatever...if you're not a cop then why are you even tripping?.

if you AREN'T a cop, THE LAW's advice is: Stop being a spectator, be the writer who's making power moves and not one of the minions that's gawking at the players....also, don't ask questions you already know the answers to.

Take Heed.

Archived