Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Rendezvous - Street Race Film

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Jan 14, 2004.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

hey speed freaks....

remember there was mention a while ago about that Street Racer
    with a camera in Stolkholm? Well I've found the new shit right here!

actually it's old... but amazing!

• C’Etait Un Rendezvous (1976)
      Shrouded in myth since it was made, pirate videos of this legendary nine-minute film have been trading on the Internet for up to $50 each. Apparently the result of a bet, it features French director Claude Lelouch (A Man And A Woman) driving a growling Ferrari non-stop through Paris, ignoring lights, pedestrians and traffic, with a camera strapped to its bonnet. Lelouch is alleged to have been arrested when the film was first shown. Now the original negative has been tracked down and remastered, and it’s a breathtaking ride. Enjoy, but please don’t try this at home.

yeah!

• Hmmm.....I won the DVD of this movie - and I was totally unimpressed. Less than 9 minutes long? No cast? (Actually, there are a couple, but more on that later), no effects? No script? Come on, what were they trying to pull???!?!?!

And then I watched it.

Car lovers, you HAVE to see this movie. A break-neck drive through a 1976 Paris dawn in what must have been one of the fastest cars around at the time. All sorts of rumours surround this film - was the driver of the car a hired Formula 1 Driver? - having seen it, this would not surprise me.........was the director immediately arrested following it's first showing? (yes.. he was) Again, this would not surprise me.

No script, No effects, No editing - yep, it was all done in one take, and the DVD supposes a reason for this - and only the briefest appearance by "Actors" for the surprise ending.......and it is a surprise - not for nothing does this movie have this title...

Watch it if you get a chance, but not before securely fastening your seatbelt!!!!!!!!!! The kind of movie that Cine2000 and IMax were invented for.....

so to recap....
    take one of these (Ferrari 275 GTB)
    http://www.barchetta.cc/All.Ferraris/images/0319/275-gtbc-074-7.jpg'>
    and put an F1 driver in it and let him loose in the streets of paris!

there's a good chance it's out there on kazaa or something... so go looking!

2. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

oh dear god...the 275 GTB is one of my favorite ferraris.

email headed your way kilo.

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

That movie Torque looks waaaay better......

4. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

that car deserves a few more spots in this thread.

http://sport.auto.free.fr/photoautre/ferrari/275/1965_ferrari_275_gtb_05_m.jpg'>

[img]http://www.bobileff.com/graphics/ferrari_275gtb4_f1.jpg'>

[img]http://www.bobileff.com/graphics/ferrari_275gtb4_e.jpg'>

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

This sounds really good. Where’d you get it/to see it? It’s just called Rendesvouz? I’m gonna have to search for this somewhere.

6. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

7. caL

caL Senior Member

is that the one where at the end the guy gets out to meet a girl?

8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

yes.

it's called C'etait un rendezvous and was directed by Claude Lelouch.

good luck finding it. I know a DVD exisits because I borrowed it from a co-worker.

9. caL

caL Senior Member

oooooooooooh yea i saw that, i also saw a swedish remake i guess you can call it, it was in.. guess where? sweden. it was a porsche this time though

10. AevOne718

AevOne718 Junior Member

Cars are stupid. Where the hell is the super speed bike. Let's see some fucking hardcore Huffy action. "ding ding" Bitch, get out da way.