REMOVING SILK SCREEN

WEAK NIGGUH

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the shop I used to work at had this special gun that shot a real fine stream of a certain alcohol based chemical to remove small spots from pin holes in a screen. but I don't think it would work on anything large scale, just small dots. Not to mention I don't know what the gun is called or what the chemical is called...

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 28 2006, 04:13 PM

the gun dude is talking about is for wet ink, not dried ink. once it's cured on the fabric, it's on the fabric for life. sorry homie.

actually the gun was for cured ink. we used it after the shirts came out of the ink dryer..

But, I think you should just buy a new shirt...

i do silk screening as a day job. no its' there forever. if you wanna make a cool 'buff affect' over it....splatter bleach over it, *carefully* smearing/fading the design, then use high-grade vinyl-ink plasti on the next screen over it. makes it look like you did a shitty buff job before droppin a new piece. ya digggg?

Oh no, the gun referred to CERTAINLY can get out cured ink... that's what it's for... somebody puts a finger print on the shoulder of a 5color shirt, you don't treat it while the ink is wet, you send it through the dryer and shoot mineral spirits at it when it's cured and dry...

BUT, though I've seen miracles in my days of printing (and using a spot out gun), there's NO way you'd have the skill to even get a smalll smudge off much less a full print. I mean, even people who have done it for years have BIG problems shooting out SMALL deposits of red inks because they bleed like hell and leave a halo...

Just buy a new shirt.