Remembering your dreams

Lush

Is anybody else out there really good at remembering their dreams? For some reason I almost always remember mine. I have these re-occuring ones quite frequently, and usually they're not the nice dreams, but the scary...odd ones that make me not want to sleep the next night.

I had this terrible dream last night that I was with my boyfriend down at the tracks, and I was carrying a bucket of paint and a roller, and he was carrying one of those extender poles for me. A cop stopped us and arrested the both of us and we went to court, and then they put us in jail for 6 months. It got weirder from there on in.

Somebody told me that if you eat before you go to bed that it makes your dreams not so friendly and happy. Does anybody know if there's any truth to that? and also another person told me that if you eat a banana before bed it helps you remember your dreams.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 07-17-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i hate dreams

i never remember them then when i do it doesnt seem to make sense anymore

and there allways bad

i havent had a dream for like 8 months and shit

owell

oh yah jus to piss ppl off

!!first!

------------------

"So analyze me surprise me but cant magmatize me"

-nas

Originally posted by beardo:

imo those books are a crock of shit.

I'm semi on beardo's side. I think it's interesting though, but I can't say I really believe it. Somebody once told me that your dreams are your brain trying to organize your day, or make sense of the things it couldn't file away. I think that's pretty close, because my dreams are usually a mish mash of things that happened, or that I saw during the day.

------------------

Guest beardo

true, they are not all crap, and it is very interesting. i guess i just have no faith in the validity of it all.

to each his own right? I used to take psychology and I think it was around the time that we started learning about dreams and the mind -- that it sparked an interest with me. I do think that if we think about something so much -- that we'll eventually dream about it and it comes in the form of scattered collages. But I also find that it sometimes holds very important answers/messages for our life and perhaps can teach how to deal with things.. although -- there is a deeper meaning behind the surface. I don't know. I'm not making sense.

---------------------------

it's all in my head.

i agree with the books being a crock of shit... so far the interpretations have been contradictory... ex. someone said they had a dream about walking on the railroad or something... and then someone else interpreted the railroad as good things coming in the future, but walking on the railroad as trouble/distress.... how the hell does that make any sense?

but anyway, the real reason i posted this reply... i hope that one day they invent a machine that they can hook shit up to your head while you sleep and record your dreams... how phat would that be to watch someone else's dreams or have people watch yours...

another thing, someone mentioned that they can control their dreams... i used to be able to do that shit too... i used to be able to realize when i was dreaming and do whatever the fuck i wanted cuz i knew it wasnt real, it was awesome... yea, that's my story

Originally posted by Trend:

but anyway, the real reason i posted this reply... i hope that one day they invent a machine that they can hook shit up to your head while you sleep and record your dreams... how phat would that be to watch someone else's dreams or have people watch yours...

you obviously watched Final Fantasy: the spirits within, didnt you? But yes that would be very interesting, because then you'd be able to see the parts you can't remember, or had muddled in your mind. My dreams are usually quite fuzzy remembering them, kind of like an impressionists painting.

------------------

I had a really fucked up nightmare last nite..that I was being chased.and I was somewhere strange..like in a swamp land area and 3 dudes with big old tech guns were looking for me..and I had a metal pole to ward them off.It sucked.So then a friend comes swooping up in a car..but the car was hollowed out and shiny metal and looked like the alien characters..all sectioned off..so he runs over one and another one spots me and starts peelin off caps..and I duck and somehow sneek up behind him and pop him in the head..and take his gun away and start popin caps in him.So then one of the dudes turns out ot be someone I used to live with..and he is dying from getting shot.from me..It was weird.I think I watched like 3 hours of crap on TV before tis and it fucked with me.I woke up and had to smoke a butt to calm down..I hate being super violent..especially in my dreams..I think I need to chill off watching the fuckin television..that shit is bad for me..I should benn out getting up anyways..

So now I am going to listen to classical as I fall asleep..studies say it improves the quality and rememberance of dreams....TELEVISION IS BAD FOR YOU.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by jades_blue:

Actually, it has nothing to do with your appearance. I have this dream often. I can't give you the exact meaning.. but it means that you were using your words carelessly (without thinking) Usually when I have this dream, I find that it happens right after I've hurt someone with my words (basically sticking my foot in my mouth)

Maybe it does... Almost no one I know takes anything I say seriously, so I don't know if I hurt people with my words often. Most sites I've looked into all point to the physical appearance thing. Secret, what does it mean? Is my penis going to shrivel and die? An upcoming brain aneurysm? You got me nervous now. Beer,

El Mamerro

the ability to control your dreams i believe is called lucid dreaming. this guy i know had one where he was fighting with light sabers. how fucking cool would that be?

but i had this nightmare the other night that when i went out in the garage there were piles of spiders everywhere, not little spiders but like tarantulas and big crazy shit i've never seen before. we busted out raid, but everytime we'd back up we'd stumble over more. it was fucked up, first nightmare i can remember in years it seems like. then i read somewhere online that older dream interpretations say that spiders in your dreams are omens of good luck. when i read that i was like "yeah, fuck ya, you bastards." but then today i finally landed a job after a long time looking, found out i won't have to pay as much rent as i thought for the apartment i'm gonna move into, and found out my new neighbors are two cute cheerleaders with lots of cute friends. i'd say that's a nice streak of good luck.

Guest Pilau Hands

controlling dreams is really interesting. i had a psychology teacher who taught us how to control them. basically you fall asleep thinking of one scenario night after night. eventually your brain is supposed to catch on and as you drift into sleep, the scenario will start. it gets very boring though because you realize that half the fun in dreams is the gambling on what's going to happen.

being able to see yourself is supposed to be a reflection of your level of consciousness. one goal is to be able to see your own body...like look down and look at your hands or feet. the highest is supposedly being able to look in the mirror and see your own reflection...odd. i've seen myself through someone else's eyes which was odd...i was both inside a batter and a pitcher at differnt times...like switching cameras.

another thing is that people say that if you die in your dreams, you may die in real life. this is odd though because my best friend says he dies in his sleep all the time...car crashes, being shot, blown up...sucks.

i had a bad string of ones a while back. i was going through some rough times and every night i'd have beautiful dreams...wife, kids, steady job, car, money, happiness...which would be good, except for the fact that i'd wake up in the same crap. haven't had any spectacular dreams lately.

i'm tired

This is kinda weird but i had a dream that i knocked a kid over from his chair that i didnt like. So it would be kinda twisted but i justified it considering i didn't like the person. other dreams involve school trauma like not finishing a project and having it due the next day. Heres a real weird one:

last year before the first day of school i dreamt that on the way to school i forgot about a project which was to bring in rib mc' nuggets on a stick (!)

haha

Originally posted by TOFU_UFOT:

i got a record in the subconcious..

haha that's pretty damn funny

I think my most terrifying dreams are the two where I'm being chased. When I get to my house and get inside I can't lock the door. It doesn't matter how many locks are on the door, I try all of them, but none of them lock the door (I'm talking dead bolts, those chain things, the locks in the door nob, etc)

the other one that terrifies me is the one where I'm fighting someone (usually tae kwon do style) and my feet are too heavy to lift and I can't protect myself, I can't run, and I can't scream no matter what I do.

all of these dreams come usually once every month or two. and I hate it. I had a few weeks where I'd get them everynight, that almost drove me insane.

------------------

Wow, I was just gonna start a thread about dream analysis...

According to Lush's dream...

Painter at work: Pleasant life.

Being a painter: Happiness in your employment.

Railroad: Good times are coming.

Walking on the railroad: Distress and worry.

Being arrested by police unjustly: Will win over every rival.

Being arrested by police with cause: Misfortune will attend you.

Being in jail: Public esteem.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The only recurring dream I have is my teeth falling out. I found out it has to do with concern about my physical appearance. Hooray for uglies. But back to the topic, I remember almost every night's dream, and often get to control them. Neato. Beer,

El Mamerro

I had a really weird dream last night. I usually remember my dreams that involve swimming or water (which a lot of them do)...

I was swimming in a huge swimming pool surrounded by a garden full of pink and white roses. The weird thing was I was swimming with about 8 little kids. They looked like they were about 3-4 years old. They were really cute... I really fell in love with this one little boy with brown curly hair. The pool all of the sudden had a giant slide leading to some house. Then my mother was there telling me to take a shower. I grabbed my bag full of clothes, opened the door from inside of the house, looked outside, and there was a long downward stair case with a bunch of people talking... so I took a shower and that's all I remember.

According to this book my dream means...

Swimming: Will have love and pleasure.

Swimming in a pool: Success.

Roses: Happiness.

White roses: Innocence.

Children: A woman will become pregnant soon.

Several children: Will have abundance in life.

Pretty children: Happy and successful life.

Of own mother: Good luck.

Talking with own mother: Good news.

Descending stairs; Dissapointments in business.

Having plenty of clothes: Troubles to come.

Being partly dressed: Will have prosperity.

Taking a shower: Abundance.

What does this all mean??

Originally posted by El Mamerro:

The only recurring dream I have is my teeth falling out. I found out it has to do with concern about my physical appearance. Hooray for uglies. But back to the topic, I remember almost every night's dream, and often get to control them. Neato. Beer,

El Mamerro

Actually, it has nothing to do with your appearance. I have this dream often. I can't give you the exact meaning.. but it means that you were using your words carelessly (without thinking) Usually when I have this dream, I find that it happens right after I've hurt someone with my words (basically sticking my foot in my mouth)

actually, any dreams that deal with water.. deal with the subconcious. Physically emersing yourself in water means going into the subconcious. It also depends on the current.. rough, tidalwave, mild waves.. etc. Also has something to do with the womb. Could also mean rebirth. There is more.. just can't think clearly at the moment...

which book do you have secret? Does it go into more detail then what you have stated so far?

I used to study dreams (Picked it up again recently)

Some of those books are a crock of poop.. but not all of them. Some of those books give brief summaries and don't go into any explanation on how dreams work, etc.

[This message has been edited by jades_blue (edited 07-17-2001).]

i remember my dreams all the damn time. every morning it's different. thing is, my nightmares, they are haunting me thorugh the day. i get freaked out. my boyfriend sometimes has to hold me because i start crying in my sleep from bad dreams. i remember on dream wher there was this crime that was being solved in town. like nearby. and my boyfriend, which wasn't my real boyfriend in the dream, i kept thinking that he was the killer in my mind. then we went to bed. i was on the left hand side and i had the covers on. and then my dream boyfriend truns over with a knife and starts to hack my legs. but i had trouble screaming.i wanted to scream, then i wake up to my real boyfriend holding me. he told me that i had muffled screams and that i was crying. but i remember by dreams all the time. without writng them down or anything. it's scary sometimes.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

opium always made me dream sweet dreams...

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

Archived