religious beliefs?

ubejinxed

so what do u believe in?

i'm sort of partial to the universal subconscious, not quite like Jung's though. but sort of an overall god-like thought. i dunno the idea is still sort of half-baked for me.

i have met people recently who have ridiculed this thought and the idea of evolution since they have such stong belief in the bible. was christ really the son of god or just a guy with strong convictions.

are we still trying to use religion to just explain things we can't or are there really some truths to any of them. is religion a carry over from the days when people needed more order (not saying we still don't) or is there a spiritual facet that needs this type of reflection.

i think the good-samaritan lessons taught are valuable in all religions, but what of the other stuff.

i never took a religion class in school so someone with some info please enlighten me.

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

right now, im "really" catholic, but i am not....if someone asks me what i am, ill just reply "i believe in God," but i dont look at myself labeling myself with a religion...some of catholic is manmade rules and its a "sin" if you break those rules...but those rules were made by some regular human, not God. i dont lable myself with a religion.

theres by 2cents.....dawg.

Guest --zeSto--

ok then... (since the Pope is going to be in my city next week...)

religion is broken down into 3 main categories.

Monotheism - One God - Like Islam, Chriatianity and Judaism

Polythesism - mainly hinduism with many gods

Spiritualism - More of a personal, tribal belief. Budhism is here.

now people have made many sub divisions to accomodate how they feel,

terms like agnostic, creationist etc.

me...? I'll get back to you about it.

if i had to throw myself in a category id say im a buddhafari. haha. nah i dont know. what i know about buddhism is really down to earth and a really healthy way to live. and i dont know too much about rastafarianism. i know a little. the thing i dont like about rastafarianism is its so closely related to christianity. they take things too lieterally. i guess you could say i share some rasta beliefs but its more the essence of it rather than the specific beliefs.

Guest --zeSto--

whoa.. the rastas are a very interesting religious group.

you know why? Because they believe that Christ has returned to earth in the form of Emp. Haille Sellassie.

Not many religions actually have something that recent to believe in.

And they also equate Bob Marley to St. James as a prophet.

Which would explain why Bob Marley has transcended so many levels.

This may sound mad corny... but I feel like a non-practicing taoist who sees the tao as a deity.

zest, thats why i cant really claim rastafarianism. becaue they believe haile selassei is christ. i cant believe that because i dont know enough about the man. all i know is he liberated ethiopia and his speach "war" (listen to the marley song. thats his speach) is a damn good speach. he had scars on his hands and they believe those are the scars of where jesus was nailed to the cross. i believe with extreme prejudice that bob marley was a prophet though. whether or not he was sent down from god i dont care, he was a prophet in his own right and for ras tafari most definitely. one of the reasons i like buddhism so much is they dont have a GOD. buddha isnt a god but a teacher. he showed them the way to enlightenment. enlightenment is like the equivalent of heaven, peace. god is love and wisdom. for a long time i didnt believe in anything that really had to do with spirituality but now i firmly believe in the spiritual side of humans and the rest of the earth.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

o

Polythesism - mainly hinduism with many gods.

not fully true. at the basis of hinduism is sannyasa, most of you have no fucking clue what that is. but it is essentially agnosticism, but w/ more doctrine.

i'm a spiritual kid. i follow principles from buddhism, hinduism, sannyasa, and even christianity. i'm also sXe, which isn't religion at all, but it plays into self discipline, as does vegetarianism.

the main point is that, god fucking hates you.

// have you ever heard that band shogun? they broke up in january or sometime around then, but they were from boulder, co and were on goodfellow records, i'm sure you'd dig there lyrics. there webpage used to be http://www.shogun.issexy.com i don't know if that's still legitimate. the words are all about bringing down the current trends of social thought and religion (hence their lp was titled iconoclast), but they're good, intelligent, metalcore stuff.

Archived