Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RELIGION, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by marlboromild, Jul 11, 2004.

1. marlboromild

marlboromild Member

whats God? is God a control method? a false hope? a crutch for the hopeless? is Jesus , God? or is God the seperate being who started it all? present your arguements reasons for your arguements, and if you dont have anything to say. dont say anything at all. none of this, " God screwed your mom" shit. i'm just curious to know how you feel about religion through out history, and the affects it has on the world today. what I'm trying to say is, discuss religion.

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Religion is bullshit. I am not going to say god does not exist, how the fuck would I know? But I do have heavy doubts.

3. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

this has also been discussed on numerous ocassions. Try the search button before making a new thread.

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

there is nothing wrong with faith, or having beliefs.

organised religion, on the other hand, has shown itself to be a bad bad bad thing

***edit - perhaps i should elaborate a little

if there is an almighty god, creator of heaven and earth, all seeing and all knowing....well, do you think he really gives a flying fuck if you turn up to church every sunday? do you reckon he gets pissed if you eat a steak on friday? he's the almighty god and we're pissy humans. your prayers mean nothing.

5. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

AGNOSTIC:

: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

yeah.

ps- i believe in myself.

6. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Jesus?

7. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

religions are as varied as women. they each have something special about em but they are all a little crazy. hit it and quit it. remember the better part of the relationship.

8. azert

azert Senior Member

My mom is super religious and she has a really shitty life, which makes me think that religion is bullshit like iloveboxcars wrote. It's not that I'm extremely anti-religious, I just don't really give a shit. I could care less if there was a God watching over me or not. However, I do think that people who seem to only depend on God as particularly weak. It's sad to see people praying and praying for a better life when they don't do shit themselves to improve it. I know not everyone who believes in some kind religion is like that but I do know a few who are like that.

I believe in science, not faith.

9. gatita

gatita Senior Member

Tease your last sentence hits the nail on the head.

My opinion on religion has been the following:

People have trouble having faith or believing in themselves, therefore needing to create a "higher being" to look up to in order to have hope for the future/life.

My religion:
    Believing in my self, being optimistic [no matter how many 'bad' things might happen to me, I look at them as learning experiences rather than get depressed and cry about it], having in faith in my future.

Ever notice:
    That when people pray, they are mostly apologizing to the god [aka to themselves] or asking for a favor?
    Example: "Dear God, please get me this job. I really need it, etc."
    instead say: "__your name here___, you can do it. You can get this job, you have the ability to succeed."

Yeh kids have faith in yourself. ;)

10. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I don't believe in any religion, but some people find their strength through it, and that's fine, everyone needs that one thing no matter what it may be, to keep them going through their days. Plus if I did believe in any religion, I'd go to hell, becuase I sold my soul for Rock 'N Roll.

11. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

GATITA-

right on girlfran.

i was at church the other weekend, went because my moms enjoys it, but anyways, there was this one song that went something like:

"i cant make it on my own, but with him on my side (refering to god) bla bla bla..."

and i was like, what kinda bullshit is that? you cant make it on your own unless you believe in god? ummmm no...

shits just not for me. call me stubborn, or what have you, but i dont know, i just dont care for that stuff.

12. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

I would encourage people here to seperate how the religion is practiced from what it is meant to be...

13. BUCK FUSH

BUCK FUSH Member

my thoughts exactly. "the purpose of all the major religious traditions is not to construct big temples on the outside, but create temples of goodness and compassion inside, in our hearts."- The dalai lama

14. marlboromild

marlboromild Member

gatita, u took the words from my mouth. i was about to quote tease.

religion is for the weak minded. heaven and hell? honestly, i 'd rather go to hell with all the interesting people, heaven is a bunch of boring ass white people.

15. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

excellent quote, and unfortunately, the extremists can't understand this. I always see this one guy in my city, who wears this huge posterboard sign, with a picture of hell, and handing out pamphlets, and telling everyone they are going to hell if they don't repent their sins. I hate having beliefs shoved down my throat especially when I have zero interest in it.