relationships and dealing with jealousy and bullshit

Guest chicken bone

Guest chicken bone

Ever get really close and intimate with a girl just to find out to your shock and surprise that she had 'gotten around' quite a bit? All the more shocking is that it doesn't even fit her personality, like she could be the greatest and sweetest girl but... THen you find out shes gotten with like so many guys before you.

Why is it that girls are more accepting of promiscous guys, while the girl is labeled as a slut and is hated on, no matter how nice her personality is? I just broke up with a girl who I was in love with due to long distance (and we needed to go our seperate paths; a mutual positive break up) only to find out later from guys retelling stories of seeing her doing nasty shit with other dudes... And it just leaves a pit in my stomach. I can act like I dont give a fuck and say "Oh well I dont give a fuck what happened before we were together, shes not my girl anymore anyways!" But then on the inside I feel like tearing something apart.

I can tell myself that it doesn't matter and that why should I care about her past but then I keep thinking about it every once in a while and it still gets me so pissed... I think the basis of it is my insecurity... But I mean when you hear in detail some nasty shit about your girl it just makes you feel like everything that went on in the past wasn't even genuine. In the first place, you know this girl for all these wonderful things and being in love with her and having the greatest times but then before you guys were together she pulled all this shit with a lot of other dudes.

It shouldn't matter to me, and a lot of girls look past these sort of things in a guy... But for me its so difficult.

This sucks. Does anyone else have trouble looking past certain things (even though you know you should)? Its like I have this dillemma and I don't know how to solve it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is she good in bed? if yes..its cause she had lots of practice:D hehe nah..i'm kidding.. dont really know what to tell you..someones past is someones past and you cant change that at least you realize she's still a down girl.. it will just take time..

i get that same feeling

i was really digging a girl for quite a while, we became the best of freinds and i felt things would eventually work out, but then she started smoking cigarettes and hanging out with this whole diferent group of people an acting wayyy different. I realized that she is pretty shallow and a fake person and i was disgusted to even speak with her. I was lied to deeply and it hurts, even though i realized i did not care for her as much, she still fucked with me quite a bit. Like you , it made me feel cheated as if nothing we ever did together was real or genuine. but if you truly loved her and it was a positivie mutual break up i would consider speaking with her about the past if it ever comes up in conversation, dont confront her about it because you have only heard these things from other people, just keep it in mind and come to terms with these suposed lies, its really all you can do....

BTer

I have the same problem, but I get jealous while I am in the relationship also about how she acts around other guys, little stuff that shouldn't matter gets to me.

I asked someone this question once and they told me that jealousy is an attempt to control the other person, thats all I can say.

^you know, this is the second thread i've seen you in trying to poke fun at someone who's having a really tough time. you're a real cool guy, huh. so what, maybe you're too tough and ruggid to feel anything ever, what with your two purrs of Urr Force Wonz and your mad tagging ability, who needs to have "feelings"?

if your mom died of cancer and you made a memorial thread i'm sure you'd love hearing "SERVZ DA BITCH RITE FOR BEIN A HO. QUIT CRYIN YA PUSSY!"

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Marcellus Wallace

The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.

Originally posted by Your Raise

^you know, this is the second thread i've seen you in trying to poke fun at someone who's having a really tough time. you're a real cool guy, huh. so what, maybe you're too tough and ruggid to feel anything ever, what with your two purrs of Urr Force Wonz and your mad tagging ability, who needs to have "feelings"?

if your mom died of cancer and you made a memorial thread i'm sure you'd love hearing "SERVZ DA BITCH RITE FOR BEIN A HO. QUIT CRYIN YA PUSSY!"

woah let's calm down here. no, I don't own air force ones. you're pretty funny. and my dad has cancer . and i wouldnt make a thread about it. see, i talk about things like this to real people as in not on the internet. and cancer vs. "girl problems" is different.

"you know this is the second thread ive sseen you in trying to poke fun..."..... oh shit. regulate.

the doctor's in...

Chicken bone:

I feel for ya brah...

i'm going through a similar situation...but im over it now....

I used to think VERY highly of him... I thought he was admirable... I thought he was a nice guy-- at least to ME, I used to respect him.

Now a year later and a second try later...I found out that hes a liar, and even been with a new-found-friend of mine... that seems to have known him better than me-- but im too scared to really ask for a confirmation...

ANYWAYS....

good for him, fucking DIRTY WHORRE.

fuck dirty whorres... im better than that...

now wheres my blunt... and I need a beer.

I don't know about you but I think you should talk to the girl-she might have a different perspective on the stories.

Why do you really care about what she did before you were together? You obviously like this girl's personality; does her prior acts change her basic personality?

Guest chicken bone

I'm not trying to downplay her or anything or try to 'cut her up' just so I can get over it... I just didn't know what else to say to the dude except that I didn't care.. Because well, you shouldn't care about someones past if they are the best to you when your with them. Its not like she pulled any scandelous shit while she was with me, like cheating or whatever.

Word on that Chasing Amy.. He did the same idea in Clerks.. With the guys girlfriend who snowballed the guy way before they were together hahaha... He thought it was the nastiest shit and called her a slut and whatever, but then he had second thoughts and regrets because his friend tells him "Sure she did some nasty shit... But which other girl would cook and bring you lasagna at work?"... I mean you gotta overlook certain things to see the better side of a person.. Especially if its in the past. And it wasn't really anything nasty it was just like 'ew I cannot imagine her doing stuff with another dude'.

Like dude said, you can't be every girl's first. I mean girl is the shit, she even bought me a plane ticket for christmas and I went to go see her and everything a couple weeks ago. She is the shit and i'll leave it at that! :)

But no one answered my question? Why are girls more forgiving about a guys promiscuous past? Probably the expectations of society (men are meant to fuck a lot and have lots of women, while women are supposed to be virgins, but give it up to YOU)... Or maybe its just that women are more caring and shit.. Its probably both haha!

I think a lot of guys worry about whether or not their girlfriend has "gotten around" because 1-she'll have had better lays and will know if they're inadequate. 2-his friends will lay into him for dating a slut

3-the whole "used tire" idea (which is reprehensible and makes me wanna barf)

If a guy has gotten around, girls think 1-he's exciting 2-that they will be the one to change him 3-they must be special if he chose them over everyone else

The whole idea that if a girl has experience, she's a slut; if a guy has experience, he's a stud is pretty powerful too. Which guy really wants a slut? Which girl doesn't want a stud? This gross idea is everywhere in society and most people pick it up and injest it without even thinking.

Re: the doctor's in...

Originally posted by doctor_slump

Chicken bone:

I feel for ya brah...

i'm going through a similar situation...but im over it now....

I used to think VERY highly of him... I thought he was admirable... I thought he was a nice guy-- at least to ME, I used to respect him.

Now a year later and a second try later...I found out that hes a liar, and even been with a new-found-friend of mine... that seems to have known him better than me-- but im too scared to really ask for a confirmation...

ANYWAYS....

good for him, fucking DIRTY WHORRE.

fuck dirty whorres... im better than that...

now wheres my blunt... and I need a beer.

maaaaan this girl, dr. slump and i go over and over this all the time. i have a hard time getting over the past whether or not if the person will become my boyfriend. get this...i'm psycho. for some reason, i use the past to determine whether if i should become friends with that person. i dunno why. if i hear too much about that person, i kinda think about the kinda person that they are. i'm psycho i'm telling ya. i know i should get over the past...and the past is the past, but i cant help myself.

dr. slump...imma buy you a beer and you smoke me out when you get out here. then we can shit talk about all the dirty whores out there and laugh our asses off because we put the nun hand down.

Archived