1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Reflective moods.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sneak, Apr 21, 2004.

1. sneak

sneak Guest

Reflective moods.

Discussion started by sneak - Apr 21, 2004

i dont know about any of you lot, but recently ive been finding myself in deep reflective moods. today, i spent the whole day in my own little world just thinking of past experiences. people commented on the fact that i seemed like i was about to slit my wrists or something i was so quiet (usually im a very sarcastic person so for a whole day to go by without me taking the piss out of someone is unusual.)

i must admit, that i dont actually like these moods as it reminds me that there is nothing relatively decent going on in my life and of all the fun times ive had etc. i mean, yeh these moods do rock occasionally when you remember something which picks your day up - but that is rare.

what about you lot? do you find yourself in situations like these? any stories....?

sneak/ if your teenage years are supposed to be the happiest years ever, when will i be happy?

2. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Apr 21, 2004

most of the time... i stopped rocking the walkmen so i could do it more so.

i believe that, technically, reflecting on the bad things is called ruminating

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. yoink

yoink 12oz Elite Member

yoink - Replied Apr 21, 2004

well sneak,
    Im searching for a job...a real one at that, leaving a life that has been familiar to me and goin somewhere pretty much unkown to start anew, entering a dif phase of life and lately yes I have been reflecting on the past few years the good times and the bad. But Im way too exicted to start up again, not be in a any school environment...(at least for now;) ) and try this real world stuff out to be worried,..Im trying to be optimistic.

yoink - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. yoink

yoink 12oz Elite Member

yoink - Replied Apr 21, 2004

case in point...last night I had to make a poster type thing for a final project....I kinda stared at the screen for what seemed like a long time trying to gather what the hell was goin on, and the fact that in a week I wont be in this current residence anymore...then all of a sudden wham, got some inspiration and what I did came out looking exactly how I felt, the piece itself is almost like me reflecting on my time here, and looking forward to the future.

yoink - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. ares

ares 12oz Member

ares - Replied Apr 21, 2004

I get like this alot. I can't say I like it either. Just out of nowhere, I'll drift off, and become really quiet. What I really don't like about it is that I notice it more and more everyday, and its really changed me. I used to be very talkative, outgoing but now, I feel as if I'm a totally different person.

ares - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. Spike

Spike 12oz Senior Member

Spike - Replied Apr 21, 2004

my mindstate 24/7

Spike - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. slave_one

slave_one 12oz Elite Member

slave_one - Replied Apr 21, 2004

i've been in a reflective mood as of late, although not as deep as you.
    just thinking of all the times i picked up my so-called friends bcuz i was the only one who bothered to get their damn license as soon as i turned 16...
    not once did they offer to give me a ride when they got their cars...ingrates.

i also remember having a dream journal; i wrote down whatever i can remember when i had one. then i tore it apart bcuz i didn't like reading my dreams; they were usually bad.
    but now i wish i kept it bcuz i've been experiencing dejavu a whole lot...as if my dreams were foretelling my present...strange.

slave_one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. synaps

synaps 12oz Senior Member

synaps - Replied Apr 21, 2004

i'm getting ready to move into a new place ... so yesterday was spent packing things up

i've "archived" my life in shoeboxes ... letters, photo's ... memories. though, since i've lived in this house (3 years) i haven't "archived" anything

it was really nostalagic to go through the past 3 years of my life ... seeing how much my life has changed and progressed ... and all the shit between.
    it really made me sit down and give 'life' some thought

synaps - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: