Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T.T Boy, Sep 17, 2002.

1. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah since my finland thread didnt go over too well i thought id make one about the tunes im currently cranking at work. red hot chili peppers californication and by the way. two great albums, they aint the classics, but they are fucking great. this band has done nothing but get better. kills time at work, while still being able to rock the joint. its 330 and im rocking the fuck out here. i havent slept in days. in my opinion best band ever. id kill to see em live.

2. DorkstaR

DorkstaR Senior Member

i remember rockin out to one hot minute back in the day.... they really do have some great stuff... and yes suprisingly it does kill time. sublime really kills time more than anyone i've heard though.

3. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

"one hot minute" was back in the day? dang. how old are you?

4. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

hmmmmmmm did they fall off......

5. RAGSOE

RAGSOE New Jack

i saw them play at a shitty venue in albq., new mexico when i was a little kid. they walked off stage cussing because all the cholos were not feeling their shit.i was so young i don't remember if i liked their music then or not. i'm feeling it now though...........

6. THEdude

THEdude Guest

i like
    that song otherside or some shit
    and that city of angels
    and californication and scar tissue

:)

7. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

Under the bridge is one of the dopest songs they did yet. personally I think when they do melodic shit, it comes out so much more solid. I personally do not feel their funky shit as much, even tough flea gets to display what an amazing bass player he is. and I am not sure if any of you rememeber, but how great of an album mother's milk was. classics such as taste the pain, good time boys, and knock me down, higher ground... that is when they did funk real well.

8. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

I agree. As with most bands, I feel the softer stuff more. Californication had a few on it. It's on the favorite list. By The Way...ehhhhhh not so much. It's hard to follow up a fantastic album because the fans go, "What? This! Yes, make more of this!" However it was a period, they're past it and the new album sounds like they did a lot of experimenting. Ska? Mexican? I don't know...there are a few songs I dig, but for the most part I'm gonna say *fart sound.

I Could Have Lied

Oh yeah...Soul to Squeeze...YES SIR

9. socrates

socrates Guest

Fell off 5 years ago

10. dahighlifdhl

dahighlifdhl Senior Member

i like
    by the way
    and
    cabron
    cabron
    cabron
    cabron

11. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

i didnt like californication too much, but then again, i never paid too much attention to it.

i think by the way sounds cool, i have yet to listen to the rest of the album tho.

12. Sarah Tonin

Sarah Tonin Dirty Dozen Crew

i dunno what it is... but everytime a RHCP single comes out it grows on me....very creepy. i wont like when i first hear it ... then the next minute im walkin around the house singin that shizz.

yeh....

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

they performed at a free show a while back on Yonge St. in Toronto. Packed, i hear from my two friends that went. shit was televised live, too - middle of the day.

14. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah i agree soul to squeeze has to be on eof the best songs theyve ever written.

they didnt fall off at all. californication was a great album. by the way is good, i really feel it.

15. komes

komes Member