Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Red Cross Donations...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr.Raven, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Mr.Raven

Mr.Raven Guest

Here's the stats on the banner ad:
    Impressions: 23080
    Click Throughs: 47
    Percentage: 0.20%

Here's Amazons stats on donations:
    Total Collected: $2,843,416.89
    Donations: 83434

Come on guys...

I know you people got more charity than that. At least check it out and spread the word, but I'm sure each of you can afford at least a dollar. How many of you actually gave?

I'm sure the karma points are worth the dollar if nothing else.

[This message has been edited by Mr.Raven (edited 09-13-2001).]

2. weak...
    people scream outrage and revenge
    some ask what can i do
    its easy

donate blood
    1-800-GIVE LIFE

ante up
    1-800-HELP NOW

talk is cheap people

------------------
    Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm saying, I at least went through the banner and figured out that I can't really afford to send money, but I'm gonna anyway, $10 isn't more than 2 hours work and it's pretty easy work compared to what's going on in lower manhattan...

------------------
    2 Can Sam

4. jades_blue

jades_blue Senior Member

I wish I could give blood.. but there are just some things that I wish I could do but really can't. So I gave 30 bucks.

come on people.. you guys bitch and bitch but don't do anything about it. Now is your chance to contribute.

5. CoffeehouseFunkstar

CoffeehouseFunkstar Member

word up, I gave blood...
    some people are mad greedy though, if it doesn't come up and bite em they wont do shit.... I saw this thing in Ohio where some dude jacked his gas up to $5 a gallon, someone should go drill him in his nosepeice.... I see that sown here too, like when we have hurricanes the gas stations jack their prices up at least 10 cents a galon, I know thats not that much but it's still bullshit.. I guess they got people out lookin for gas like that though, and people are getting dealt with(by the police I mean)...yeah, and on Ebay(this was tuesday night) people were selling peices of the WTC.. come on man, people died and are still dying in there and you pick up a chunk to sell? Give me their name and address, I'll walk from Florida and go punk em out..anyways, USA stay up, and heads up Bin Laudin...

God Bless and chill
    Averock Balboa

6. HESHIANDET

HESHIANDET Guest

they won't let me give bllod so i gave $$. cmon people.

------------------
    stonecutters#1

7. bobobi11

bobobi11 Elite Member

Bump. Donated what I could. I want to give blood but the Red Cross in my area is asking us to wait a few days.

8. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i actually didnt even notice it til just now. bloodwise, i know they have more donars than they can handle, but they're worried that they'll be short in a few weeks when people dont have the events so fresh int heir minds.

9. Rivers Cuomo

Rivers Cuomo Guest

I donated at school, and will each day. Does that count for karma points?

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

donations are up to 3.2 million right now....$400,000 in three hours....

------------------
    sorry, its a habit

[This message has been edited by boogie hands (edited 09-13-2001).]

11. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

bump folks. put your money where you mouth is.

12. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

im going to donate blood as soon as i can.

i also gave at school and will continue to do so. they need the money more than freights need new paint jobs.

[This message has been edited by T.T Boy (edited 09-13-2001).]

13. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

I gave blood for the first time. I almost passed out it is so gross. very uncomfortable. I also donated the last of my money. I am now broke till the 18th.

Whatever helps.

------------------
    SLAP BRACLETS FOR THE 2K1!

14. dsel.ufd

dsel.ufd New Jack

Why is so much blood needed no ones alive?

15. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

sadly ive been thinking the same thing....i guess its probably 1/2 wishful thinking and the other 1/2 im guessing is that a good amout of blood was used to care for the initial flood of victims....than again from what i saw and read either people suffered minor injurys or were missing....two extremes....regardless its better to be prepared and its giving people who may not be able to do anything else the feeling of helping out and easing their emotions a little bit....were all feeling helpless and i know we are feeling nothing close to what those directly affected are feeling however we are all victims and need our own type of assistance wether it be from family or from helping out to relive that sense of helplessness....ill be the first to say, i cried last night, i broke down while watching the news, something i never though i would do and that made me feel more helpless and angry than i have felt in a long times....i have no doubt many more people are going through these same feelings and need some comfort in knowing they are doing all they can....sorry, i got off track but the point is wether its for other peoples well being, your own mental well being or both....just do what you can....

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...