Here's the stats on the banner ad:

Impressions: 23080

Click Throughs: 47

Percentage: 0.20%

Here's Amazons stats on donations:

Total Collected: $2,843,416.89

Donations: 83434

Come on guys...

I know you people got more charity than that. At least check it out and spread the word, but I'm sure each of you can afford at least a dollar. How many of you actually gave?

I'm sure the karma points are worth the dollar if nothing else.

[This message has been edited by Mr.Raven (edited 09-13-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz

weak...

people scream outrage and revenge

some ask what can i do

its easy

donate blood

1-800-GIVE LIFE

ante up

1-800-HELP NOW

talk is cheap people

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz:

weak...

ante up

talk is cheap people

I'm saying, I at least went through the banner and figured out that I can't really afford to send money, but I'm gonna anyway, $10 isn't more than 2 hours work and it's pretty easy work compared to what's going on in lower manhattan...

------------------

2 Can Sam

word up, I gave blood...

some people are mad greedy though, if it doesn't come up and bite em they wont do shit.... I saw this thing in Ohio where some dude jacked his gas up to $5 a gallon, someone should go drill him in his nosepeice.... I see that sown here too, like when we have hurricanes the gas stations jack their prices up at least 10 cents a galon, I know thats not that much but it's still bullshit.. I guess they got people out lookin for gas like that though, and people are getting dealt with(by the police I mean)...yeah, and on Ebay(this was tuesday night) people were selling peices of the WTC.. come on man, people died and are still dying in there and you pick up a chunk to sell? Give me their name and address, I'll walk from Florida and go punk em out..anyways, USA stay up, and heads up Bin Laudin...

God Bless and chill

Averock Balboa

sadly ive been thinking the same thing....i guess its probably 1/2 wishful thinking and the other 1/2 im guessing is that a good amout of blood was used to care for the initial flood of victims....than again from what i saw and read either people suffered minor injurys or were missing....two extremes....regardless its better to be prepared and its giving people who may not be able to do anything else the feeling of helping out and easing their emotions a little bit....were all feeling helpless and i know we are feeling nothing close to what those directly affected are feeling however we are all victims and need our own type of assistance wether it be from family or from helping out to relive that sense of helplessness....ill be the first to say, i cried last night, i broke down while watching the news, something i never though i would do and that made me feel more helpless and angry than i have felt in a long times....i have no doubt many more people are going through these same feelings and need some comfort in knowing they are doing all they can....sorry, i got off track but the point is wether its for other peoples well being, your own mental well being or both....just do what you can....

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Guest --zeSto--

my points...

1. They dont need more blood, they need more technicians. Brains are more important now than plasma.

2. So many people can never give blood (like me) If you've had a piercing within 1 year or a tatto within 2, you are void. My blood can never be used because of a gamma globlin thing when I was a baby.

3.You cant consciously earn Karma.

but yes.. everyone should do their part to help, however they can.

Guest Mr.Raven
Originally posted by --zeSto--:

my points...

1. They dont need more blood, they need more technicians. Brains are more important now than plasma.

2. So many people can never give blood (like me) If you've had a piercing within 1 year or a tatto within 2, you are void. My blood can never be used because of a gamma globlin thing when I was a baby.

3.You cant consciously earn Karma.

but yes.. everyone should do their part to help, however they can.

1. True

2. They've actually reduced this to six months since they're in need.

3. Better safe than sorry.

Guest cracked ass

The national blood supply was already low. If you want to donate it needn't be for the New York victims necessarily, unfortunately a lot of doctors have been standing around with nobody to treat, as Paulie alluded to so tactfully. The Red Cross needs blood year round, every year, and they shouldn't need a high-profile disaster to maintain a decent level nationwide. They might be booked for a few days but give next week, or next month.

I made an appointment today to give blood on October 6th. I signed my husband up too. Luckily he was okay with that.

Cracked is correct they were already at a yellow stage alert before this and we must not forget that this is the only thing happening. There was a train wreck this morning in NV or UT and a plane crash in MEX.

Give if you can. Blood or money. And T.T. Boy is right. The rescue effort was given a check for $20 Billion dollars and by the time they got it, it was already spent. The victims and their families need the help more than you need to paint.

yeah, that plane crash in Mexico had 16 people from Seattle in it..they were Husky fans takin a cruise before Satuday's game(now cancelled)..I give blood year round..everytime I can..(its like every 56 days(they usually have a blood drive out here every 2-3 months..) did y'all hear about the other possible hijackers they arrested at Laguardia and Kennedy?

dressed like pilots and flight attendants, they also had knives and fake credentials..scary shit especially with the "beefed up security".. My sister in law works for Delta out at Sea-Tac and she said their not even searching everyones bags, just random people's...stupid yo

bless us all

AveisOne

Today I decided since im more than likely going to have left over financial aid money- to give it to the read cross as well. If i figured right, it would be another 400 or so dollars from me...which is many times greater than the amount i could give yesterday-

On another note- a month exactly from yesterday I am to fly into JFK..if my bags DO NOT get searched from the first airport i am leaving from - i will be ...pretty fucking mad at whoever is the supposed "security" workers...im figuring ill have a book bag and another carry-on and i hope..they search both just to do it even though i know ill have notghing of significance to any of this- but as a security measure and the need for more of this at airports- especially International airports.

Just as a public service. Be sure to send donations to official Red Cross sites or United Ways sites. Be careful if people come to you house asking for donations on behalf of the Red Cross. There have been reports that there are some low class individuals trying to make a buck of of Americas grief. Also if you want to donate blood for use in NY or Washington be sure you donate at the Red Cross amd ask where the blood is going. The Red Cross is one of the few organizations that has the liscence's to ship blood across state lines. My mom tried donating at Kaiser here in CA. She asked where the blood would go. They hesitated then explained it was for local use. They explained the whole liscencing issue.

Archived