recuerdas de 21310

Esai

Since the san fernando thread brought me back a few mmemories I figure that we should also give the other parts of LA props, now let see

EastLOS; 213 killin the EAstside, the 213/310 battle.Remeber when KAMSTERS wasnt a gang?CAB,CHAKA,sub,NACHO,SLEAZ um J174, LOD, THE channel 7 short wit nacho and chaka, the fox 11 tagbanger shit

Also in the SGV; COI,OIL,SKA,KHA,RFC,HAZ,BOOZ,JAER,WISHM,

All over; MURAL,ANGST,MR. PIBB,

REmember when the river wasnt a burn(most of it) I remember a couple of gangsters gettin up like sneeks de lomas

I dont have the time to put down all of my graff memories,I was a varrio kid like most Eastside writers since I was in the 3rd grade what memories.Help me out if you know where Im comin from

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word...I dont have many memories from the 21310, but do remember as a youngster seeing a dope ass "WEST COAST ARTIST" freeway shot off the 405 in West LA...To this day, when i pass that site, I look at the wall and wish that shit was back there...Thats one of my earliest graff. memories...Now the wall is covered with vines and looks a lot smaller than it did back then...It must of been 1986 or some shit...

I got some JER flicks, but I'd have to did for those...A couple freights I think...

peace

In a lot of ways I think the Bitchass Chris Blatchford FOX specials marked the beginning of the darkages for graff in the LOS.Not that graf got lame but that shit got a hell of a lot rougher and dangerous.At the time I was in some serious legal trouble so I was on a hiatus(except lolo spots) before that I was a elementary school toy but now goin painting in LA is pretty treacherous.Fuck it, its still fun

I mean sure Chris Blatchford and Fox Undercover contributed to that shit, but a majority of that shit is our own fault. I was in Jr High at the time and up until then the gangs were casual about it. Then the tagging crews just became so big they were a threat to the gangs. I mean more kids were looking to join crews rather than gangs because it seemed 'safer'. Then the gangs started having recruitment issues. Along with the fact that crews were adopting more of the gang mentality. Tagging crews started developing the same way many of the local gangs started in the days of WWII. They started out simple and freindly enough as groups of kids with the same interests whther it be dancing writing, or lowriding. Then the 'need' for violence or the perceived need for violence started the era of the tagbanger. Then violence got so bad in Los Angeles and so many people were getting killed it was bringing heat on gang business, that's why the gangs had to step in. All Chris Blatchford did was expose what was happening slowly to a much wider audience and possibly speed it up a bit. The one thing I do think FoxUndercover is responsible for is the people's views on graffiti in LA. After all the tagbanging specials people were just givin the evidence they needed to come to the conclusion that "taggers are just like gangsters". Oh well what the fuck you gonna do about it know?

SouthEast 213 Pico

I agree with you somewhat but I see a purpose for cris and all those fools to blow up the scene.Writers are too much of an easy target to let slide.Of course crews were a pie way to have back up with out committing to a hood, but response blew up after those specials.Anyways you know most people dont care when chicanos smoke each other,especially in LA.Either way its all in history and we gotta live with it.I remember tripping the fuck out when item(R.I.P.) was killed, now every other month writers get killed

True to the fullest.I will always represent the big bad Eastside as long as I breathe.Damn aint no one else on this board got any LA memories to ttake me back, I was just watching an old video of the Hex/Slick battle. Remember conart and fatcap shirts?How about Lunatix on beverly?My mom moved to puente and I would go to the Lunatix out there till it got all blasted up.How about when there were stores where you could rack streaks and UNI's?lets see Roc, rob, bash,coi,lod, the panic zone bein crushed, how about party crew,I know pistol remembers operation X rockin the malcolm x hats and cross colors.FBI,when the SGV was 818, BLA,come on someone help me out

I used to hit the Lunatix on Beverly every weekend to get something. They also had one in the La Mirada/Santa Fe Springs swap meet. What about Funky Street on Whittier Blvd by Montebello Blvd? They opened up a few months after lunatix. Me and my homie rode our bikes down there and they were still working on the walls. They let us go in there and decorate/hit up a little inside with the streaks we had. The dude that owned the place was cool. He would send someone next door to the hardware store to hook up some ink for us underage kids. Ah bought my first Ultra Wide there, memories. I bought my first bong @ age 13 @ Lunatix when they started carrying them. I got cousins in Puente, California St.

I remember when Pico used to be 213 then 309 then 562.

I remember when SGV used to be 818 then 626.

I wonder when they'll change some rich area's code?

I got a cousin in EL monte from flores who gots 818 tatood on his arm, kinda funny.Remember Abee or Go. The other day I went down to the Pico indoor swap and I saw a vicious hoodrat fight in the lot, what a town.I work down in Pico cerca de In y out,halftime nigga.

shit homie I remember when the whole fuckin 10 freeway used to be bombed from my city Pomona all the way to downtown. I remember when the paniczone was always bombed. I have alot of that Fox undercover shit recorded. I remember when theys asked OILER why did He bombed the freeways and He said "I pay taxes and I want my taxes to be spent on cleaning the freeways" or something like that. Those are some memories like the wall were the metrolink goes by was always bombed. Shit if you were a writer back then you had to hit up on the paniczone then everyoned would see your shit up unless you got jacked for your shit by Big Hazard.

Aye dog, if you got all the fox shit on tape I need to holler at you, I ve been lookin for'em.The fucken panic zone is all fucken buffed and they got this fucked up fence blockin that shit, the only shit running is hazard and State str mobs. Ive been seein a lot more bombin in the eastside and the SGV.Do anyone remember thet unicorn on the 10?The duck farms are all bombed up right now a.k.a. siete y cero y cinco, but toys be cappin consistently.Is STK a gang now? I met a few chino gangsters who are down with graff, anyone got similar stories.Ive seen PXF catchin some rooftops,thats funny. Now thy got power tools on again on power 106, I remember fools playin their shit at parties, almost always ending with someone bustin caps.If anyone knows does 89.9 still have seditious beats on fridays at 11? I used to love the knowledge droppin

Ahh the Duck Farms. I used th pass by there alot on my way to the Spearmint Rhino in Industry. Those shit gotten taken down a while back. No more ducks, no more smell. I notice that as I head on the 10 East and as I pass the SGV and get further out I see more writing. Like where everything is written in Chinese. Like Roland heights etc. Any of you guys got any old school LA flicks? you should post them up, I know I would like to see.

Guest me IS cool
Originally posted by Esai

True to the fullest.I will always represent the big bad Eastside as long as I breathe.Damn aint no one else on this board got any LA memories to ttake me back, I was just watching an old video of the Hex/Slick battle. Remember conart and fatcap shirts?How about Lunatix on beverly?My mom moved to puente and I would go to the Lunatix out there till it got all blasted up.How about when there were stores where you could rack streaks and UNI's?lets see Roc, rob, bash,coi,lod, the panic zone bein crushed, how about party crew,I know pistol remembers operation X rockin the malcolm x hats and cross colors.FBI,when the SGV was 818, BLA,come on someone help me out

Forget the conart shirts remeber the 187 shirts? Those were the shit. I got that GKAE story from fox undercover. It's somewhere here. I remeber the panic zone always being crushed that shit was hype. FBI still got tags up in the SGV... man all this ish is making me remember..:P

P.s.Hey ESAI are you the same ESAI from the cult?

I dont write Esai,thats my seed.I remember my mom got all pissed cuz she found out what hudda 187 meant after I got that shirt, I still got the shirt in my old closet at her pad in perfect condition.I remember when FBI rocked the middle of the10 in monte with a big, filled inFAR BEYOND INSANITY,Id get headaches trying to read all the graff driving by.Does anyone remember the 60 by Montebello Town center,It was that wreckin yard fence that was all bombed up, or the little wall on the hill across the freeway?Anyone got flicks of the old cholo style buble letters that were skinny in the middle and flared out into bubbles?When my mom moved to puente SKA mobbed the fuck out of the city,that whole city was crushed.

Aye pistol,I was in Elos court today and I met some guy with KAM and the mexican flag eagle on the back of his head, I thought I was gonna catch a slug talkin to him the way he was being dogged, some vato thru up a PF at him(he had that tatted on his cheek) but he wasnt trippin.I have a cuz who took a few by kamsters. I got to respect them,carvin a varrio out of scratch in that area takes some balls and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd dirt!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah my man was in KAM when they were about writing. His brother was in 742k. I used to chill out there and I got into both 742 and CRH. CRH was basically an offshoot of KAM. But then after that it was basically a gang. I don't really write no more being busy with school. But I know roll with people that got beef with KAM. But to me it's like whatever, I mean I ain't gonna trip just cause 'we' supposed to. I mean the few KAM's I met were cool.

I was remembering in Highschool I went to a State Street party that I think ende up being blasted up by KAmsters. I feel you on the school tip dog,fuck the bullshit. I got a few friend from J174, were you down with them? I got a few legals lined up if you want to paint, Im not sure bout this internet stuff so I can understand any hesitancy cuz of the chota. I got a baby boy and the whole school thing too so I know how hard it is to make time. I was goin down SOuth Cen and I scoped SSK13,is that the fox11 tagging crew?Remember when TMC was a tagging crew?Im on a sociology trip and I was wondering if anyone has done a scientific study on the whole tagbanging scene. MAybe Ill be the one.

Yeah I dig the whole Sociology thing too. I've thought about looking at graffiti as a sociology project but I mean it's kinda hard to get writers to give up info. I was gonna go to school for a BA in Sociology but I was looking into it and most of the jobs I would be able to get would be working for the county. Most of the people that I knew that worked in those jobs hated it. The only way for me to get a decent job with that would be to get a Masters and I don't think I have it in me right now.

I think I'll take a pic of my 187 hudda shirt and post it. I can't remember which one I got I think his hand was holding either some tips or some pills. Alot of my freinds had the different shirt's and I can't remember which is the one I had.

About that legal, I can't draw for shit tagging was my thing. If you want e-mail and maybe I'll stop by take a few photos of the wall in progress.

• 1 month later...

Yup yup....remember ELOK from KAM getting up all over eastlos, Rember OILER, SAHL, SACRED, LEXO all of them, the 710 line to downtown the RTD, The panic zone being bombed all the time, 594k,742k, kcc,kta, kaw,ofa,csd,tcd=dks...all the hard MURAL-PROKS and ANGST shit,OILER up on every high spot in town, SAHL having streak spots on every fucking pole in LA, SNOOZE and DONER up, ABEE up everywhere, ROC BLA's throw up heavens he had on the 10 for like 3 years, DEVO and ELKE up like a mofo, GRAY up all over town, summer camp at CAL STATE LA and almost every east la crew in that shit!!!! Seeing KESOE YGW up all over LA and him being a outsider, the 10 freeway bombed from the I.E. to LA, FROSTY and SNEEKS from Lomas getting up hardcore, seeing a CHAKA and SLEEZ tag, TKO, OSB, FB IFK, Seeing GIN and DUCE up all over downtown, that cool stretch before you hit City Terrace on the 10 passing alhambra that STK always had on lockdown, going downtown to supposedly play video games at the arcade on broadway but sit there and watch writers get up all over down town being 11 years old, taking the 10 and 11 to MELROSE to check out the hip hop shop and all the writers who used to gather there, when TSS got put into STATE, RECON and ZEKE having sick scribes, OHKAY and K9 with sick scribes, when RECE CFK died, seeing that one face ~~~><~~~ up all over LA, TOOMER up all over east LA and downtown, SLECO NHD up, HARM NHD up, TRIBE and CUDLES up, what was better...bustop bombing during the day, Belmont and all the productions...WIZARD RUH up all over the SGV and EAST LA, RFC BOOZ HAZ and ASOE then clicking with RUH, meeting writers on the bus in dowtown, getting into shit, 187 shirts, of course the Lunatix in montebello, when MOSCO got locked up, Sitting on the bus checking out all the scribes, the JUNGLE in belmont with R.A.W and CURIOUS, the FAT CAP thing @ Fairfax, shitting bricks trying not to get caught slipping in the Ramona Gardens, the Alameda yard, the Sears yard, the river, Santa Fe street.....growing up!!!

damn dude you brought a tear to my eye, reminiscing all the old days.

SAHL on every pole in a yellow streak.

Loonatix and Funky street

I used to catch the bus into downtown either the whittier or washington line. Then walk up a few blocks to get the bus to Melrose. Then having to walk all the way to fairfax for the hip-hop shop then finding out they were closed on mondays or tuesdays. Damn half the crews you mentioned I used to chill with at one time or another.

OFA OSB YGW FUN LSD WNA RIA/742k DTDISK6 UNS KFS 4DI

*On the way to the Citadel off the 5 I caught a SAHL streak tag(yellow) on a pole that I remember from like 91. Landmark...

Then having to walk all the way to fairfax for the hip-hop shop then finding out they were closed on mondays or tuesdays

Thats cause one of the lines I think it was the 11 didnt go all the way down...the 10 did...hated that shit. Although I hated to wait for that line cause that mofo took so long...heh

YGW is from my area...KESOE, CRET, GEZR ect ect...grew up with those cats also. YGW had the 10 from Riverside to LA on lockdown for some time....Peace mang...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived