Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

recuerdas de 21310

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Esai, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Esai

Esai Member

Since the san fernando thread brought me back a few mmemories I figure that we should also give the other parts of LA props, now let see
    EastLOS; 213 killin the EAstside, the 213/310 battle.Remeber when KAMSTERS wasnt a gang?CAB,CHAKA,sub,NACHO,SLEAZ um J174, LOD, THE channel 7 short wit nacho and chaka, the fox 11 tagbanger shit
    Also in the SGV; COI,OIL,SKA,KHA,RFC,HAZ,BOOZ,JAER,WISHM,
    All over; MURAL,ANGST,MR. PIBB,
    REmember when the river wasnt a burn(most of it) I remember a couple of gangsters gettin up like sneeks de lomas
    I dont have the time to put down all of my graff memories,I was a varrio kid like most Eastside writers since I was in the 3rd grade what memories.Help me out if you know where Im comin from

2. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

word...I dont have many memories from the 21310, but do remember as a youngster seeing a dope ass "WEST COAST ARTIST" freeway shot off the 405 in West LA...To this day, when i pass that site, I look at the wall and wish that shit was back there...Thats one of my earliest graff. memories...Now the wall is covered with vines and looks a lot smaller than it did back then...It must of been 1986 or some shit...

I got some JER flicks, but I'd have to did for those...A couple freights I think...
    peace

3. donniefrisco

donniefrisco Member

oh...and you know i got that FOX undercover shit on vid...Tagbangers..Daredevil Taggers...also Chucky and Midget Tortilla Flats 3 part special...Oh and some Ditching party shit...I used to love those FOX specials and glad i taped some...Wish i had the CHAKA one and the GKAE one...

4. Gold Coast.

Gold Coast. Guest

sector 21310 project blizna-iznoed..

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I got homies from KAM. I remember when 213 & 309 weren't gangs. I remember when OFA was just about writing. I remember when gangs could chill with graff heads. I got a lot of good memories though.

6. Esai

Esai Member

In a lot of ways I think the Bitchass Chris Blatchford FOX specials marked the beginning of the darkages for graff in the LOS.Not that graf got lame but that shit got a hell of a lot rougher and dangerous.At the time I was in some serious legal trouble so I was on a hiatus(except lolo spots) before that I was a elementary school toy but now goin painting in LA is pretty treacherous.Fuck it, its still fun

7. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I mean sure Chris Blatchford and Fox Undercover contributed to that shit, but a majority of that shit is our own fault. I was in Jr High at the time and up until then the gangs were casual about it. Then the tagging crews just became so big they were a threat to the gangs. I mean more kids were looking to join crews rather than gangs because it seemed 'safer'. Then the gangs started having recruitment issues. Along with the fact that crews were adopting more of the gang mentality. Tagging crews started developing the same way many of the local gangs started in the days of WWII. They started out simple and freindly enough as groups of kids with the same interests whther it be dancing writing, or lowriding. Then the 'need' for violence or the perceived need for violence started the era of the tagbanger. Then violence got so bad in Los Angeles and so many people were getting killed it was bringing heat on gang business, that's why the gangs had to step in. All Chris Blatchford did was expose what was happening slowly to a much wider audience and possibly speed it up a bit. The one thing I do think FoxUndercover is responsible for is the people's views on graffiti in LA. After all the tagbanging specials people were just givin the evidence they needed to come to the conclusion that "taggers are just like gangsters". Oh well what the fuck you gonna do about it know?
    SouthEast 213 Pico

8. Esai

Esai Member

I agree with you somewhat but I see a purpose for cris and all those fools to blow up the scene.Writers are too much of an easy target to let slide.Of course crews were a pie way to have back up with out committing to a hood, but response blew up after those specials.Anyways you know most people dont care when chicanos smoke each other,especially in LA.Either way its all in history and we gotta live with it.I remember tripping the fuck out when item(R.I.P.) was killed, now every other month writers get killed

9. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Remember the whole attitude after the tagbanging era. When vigilante motherfuckers started shooting motherfucker on the freeway hitting heavens. The only place where it's casual is on the westside Melrose Fairfax type shit.

10. Esai

Esai Member

Imoved up to oakland for a year and with the exception of nortenos trippin on my blue chucks shit was way more cool to paint

11. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I been up to SF a lot and checked out the graff scene out there the same time as the 'tagbanging' thing down here and the whole vibe was different. Los Angeles is unlike any other place in the world.

12. Esai

Esai Member

True to the fullest.I will always represent the big bad Eastside as long as I breathe.Damn aint no one else on this board got any LA memories to ttake me back, I was just watching an old video of the Hex/Slick battle. Remember conart and fatcap shirts?How about Lunatix on beverly?My mom moved to puente and I would go to the Lunatix out there till it got all blasted up.How about when there were stores where you could rack streaks and UNI's?lets see Roc, rob, bash,coi,lod, the panic zone bein crushed, how about party crew,I know pistol remembers operation X rockin the malcolm x hats and cross colors.FBI,when the SGV was 818, BLA,come on someone help me out

13. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I used to hit the Lunatix on Beverly every weekend to get something. They also had one in the La Mirada/Santa Fe Springs swap meet. What about Funky Street on Whittier Blvd by Montebello Blvd? They opened up a few months after lunatix. Me and my homie rode our bikes down there and they were still working on the walls. They let us go in there and decorate/hit up a little inside with the streaks we had. The dude that owned the place was cool. He would send someone next door to the hardware store to hook up some ink for us underage kids. Ah bought my first Ultra Wide there, memories. I bought my first bong @ age 13 @ Lunatix when they started carrying them. I got cousins in Puente, California St.
    I remember when Pico used to be 213 then 309 then 562.
    I remember when SGV used to be 818 then 626.
    I wonder when they'll change some rich area's code?

14. Esai

Esai Member

I got a cousin in EL monte from flores who gots 818 tatood on his arm, kinda funny.Remember Abee or Go. The other day I went down to the Pico indoor swap and I saw a vicious hoodrat fight in the lot, what a town.I work down in Pico cerca de In y out,halftime nigga.

15. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

shit homie I remember when the whole fuckin 10 freeway used to be bombed from my city Pomona all the way to downtown. I remember when the paniczone was always bombed. I have alot of that Fox undercover shit recorded. I remember when theys asked OILER why did He bombed the freeways and He said "I pay taxes and I want my taxes to be spent on cleaning the freeways" or something like that. Those are some memories like the wall were the metrolink goes by was always bombed. Shit if you were a writer back then you had to hit up on the paniczone then everyoned would see your shit up unless you got jacked for your shit by Big Hazard.