recording shit

GucciCondom

So I got my MIC and whatnot.

What programs do you use to record shit on?

The sound recorder with windows stops at 60 seconds so that shit is out.

What can I get?

Also, what program is best for lacing my shit over beats and how do I go about this? Is it better to record live over beats if possible?

Helpplzthx. :cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you're just starting out, and it sound slike you are, forget protools. it's a little advanced to start out on. what i'd recommend is acid pro 4.0 and sony digital/sonic foundry soundforge.

i know you might think acid is just a sampler, but it's also an unlimited track recorder. i record using it all the time,

soundforge 7.0 is a great editor, too. nice integration with acid, plenty of effects and packs you can upgrade with, a cd architect that is out of this world (acid has a nice on the fly type cd architect, not very advacned, but it does the trick in a pinch).

anyway, if you need any help getting this stuff, try shareaza or kazaa lite.

i'm around if you need any help getting packs etc.

i'm on dialup, otherwise i'd send you this stuff.

forgot to mention, cubase might be a bit too advanced too. especially, i can't express this enough, especially for the beginner. you might just wind up frustrated and give it all up before you can get anything laid down.

all these programs take a while to learn how to use properly, but soundforge and acid are somewhat self explanatory, and they have very advanced features that a manual can explain...or some tutorials on the web. it'd really be alot easier for you to begin on those two.

go ahead and download cubase, protools, all that. warez are going to be scarce pretty soon...feds are cracking down bigtime. new law just enacted...

Originally posted by GucciCondom

Aight goodshit Casek.

Do you have aim? I'd love to chat and get in-depth with some of this shit a little more.

always glad to be of any help, man

don't have aim right now, but i'll install it some time this week. hopefully i can get some time to do it tonight. my aim screen name is caseknerdy

hit me up on email casekonly@yahoo.com

and let me know when you're usually on im.

if you have any more questions, ihit me up on one of these three(aim, 12oz, email) any of them work for me.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

i think protools is pretty easy to figure out, even if yer a beginner...

cubase, on the other hand, is a whole different story...

and i'm pretty sure that's the only PC version of protools free... sorry...

oh, shit...are you working wiht a mac gucci?

vinyl junkie may be right. i was only expressing my opinion about protools. personal opinions differ with software. protools was hard for me to pick up on...but i had been using sonic foundry stuff for so long.

protools for pc is free, but you can only use a limited number of tracks. i did notice that right off.

btw: there's some good stuff put out by nuendo. pc and mac if i'm not mistaken.

if you have a surround sound soundcard (uhhh)..nuendo has some great software for mastering in dolby digital, soundforge has something too called softencode...all easily available on p2p networks.

just thought i'd add this in, too. acid pro 4.0 lets you work in surround sound, too. however there is also a plugin so you can master in dolby digital...don't know if it's worth it or if you should just stick to dropping the tracks into softencode???

also, if you're down with dropping some beats out, check out the new fruity loops studio edition 4.0 or something of that sort.

I'm working from a PC.

I just downloaded Acid 4.0 and got that set up. Soundforge is downloading now.

I'm usually on AIM a lot especially in the wee hours of the night.

My AIM is Gunshots. I'll put you on my buddylist Casek.

I'm going to go and mess around with this shit now I guess, look up some tutorials.

I'll update later on.

Good lookin' out on all the help.

Originally posted by GucciCondom

I'm working from a PC.

I just downloaded Acid 4.0 and got that set up. Soundforge is downloading now.

I'm usually on AIM a lot especially in the wee hours of the night.

My AIM is Gunshots. I'll put you on my buddylist Casek.

I'm going to go and mess around with this shit now I guess, look up some tutorials.

I'll update later on.

Good lookin' out on all the help.

got the email. replying now.

Archived