1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RECORD covers of graffiti

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by imported_joewelcome, Nov 23, 2001.

1. imported_joewelcome

imported_joewelcome 12oz Senior Member

RECORD covers of graffiti

Discussion started by imported_joewelcome - Nov 23, 2001

let's see what y'all got out there when it comes to graff on record covers. oh yeah, i said RECORDS, so that DZINE Michael Jackson CD ain't gonna cut it. NO COMPACT DISCS PLEASE.

[​IMG]
    How many people know that Serve is Louie Vega's brother? He did this as well as Louie's 1st album (i got it somewhere....)

imported_joewelcome - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. socks

socks 12oz Member

socks - Replied Nov 23, 2001

i dont have a scanner or digital image but delta did dj vadims album cover

socks - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. imported_joewelcome

imported_joewelcome 12oz Senior Member

imported_joewelcome - Replied Nov 23, 2001

[​IMG]
    The infamous Jellybean album with the sick Seen rooftop. Seen painted every surface of this roof- the cover is an aerial shot.
    [​IMG]
    Bambaataa's Timezone project. I believe this is Futura, much like many Celluloid covers. Dondi is thanked on the back. Does anyone else have the record that Phase 2 did? Mine is the promo without the cover... how about the Futura/Clash 12"?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two of MANY Sleeping Bag records with Gnome/Gemini ClockWorkKings art. They had the illest mid-80's style. Check out Gnome in Spraycan Art.
    [​IMG]
    This might be a cop-out, but it surprises me how many people don't know what this 12" looks like. Classic bad 80's neighborhood graf- Hollis Town. Photo by Glenn E. Friedman.
    [​IMG]
    Detail of the Malcolm McLaren "Duck Rock" LP- what "Buffalo Girls" came out on. This is the lettering that Dondi did for this project. Nice bugged box radio on the front of the sleeve too.
    [​IMG]
    A great example of the shit that came out after Beat Street, the time when everyone wanted to sell the whole breaking/hiphop package. There are lots of "how to breakdance" records and they're usually so bad they're almost always hilarious.
    [​IMG]
    This gem is something that dropped out of the sky, a early 80's jazz record with a Martha Cooper shot on the cover- the same duster/lizzie car in Subway Art but theis one is one frame behind. By the way, Mitchel Forman looks like such a herb I refuse to play the record.

imported_joewelcome - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. EL MASKO

EL MASKO 12oz Elite Member

EL MASKO - Replied Nov 23, 2001

"It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens. Mom's cookin chickin & collied greens."

I don't feel like scaning some of my records. I got some ISP records w/art by DREAM.

EL MASKO - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. Destruction by Definition

Destruction by Definition 12oz Veteran Member

Destruction by Definition - Replied Nov 24, 2001

those are cool...:D

Destruction by Definition - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

TEARZ - Replied Nov 24, 2001

hot shit dude.
    just in case you were wondering if anyone would care, your captions were interesting and informative.

7. smokin..joe

smokin..joe Guest

smokin..joe - Replied Nov 24, 2001

the band falling sickness has some pretty ill record covers!

8. sixteenvandals

sixteenvandals 12oz Senior Member

sixteenvandals - Replied Nov 24, 2001

and people have the nerve to ask why graffiti and hip-hop shouldnt be associated!!!!

the coolest thing there is that JOHNNY ROTTEN was in TIME ZONE with afrikka bambaata. that track was ahead of its time by far.

16v.

sixteenvandals - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. imported_sofarok - Replied Nov 24, 2001

10. NATO

NATO Guest

NATO - Replied Nov 24, 2001

here Vadim's definatley in top top hip hop producers of all time, don't sleep on the Russian Percussion.......

i cant be bothered to move from my seat to go get the sleeve and scan it so youll have to do with these

http://www.tunes.co.uk/tunes/images/ussr_other_side.jpg'>

[img]http://www.djvadim.com/vdsc.03.jpg'>

[img]http://www.spikemagazine.com/recordreviews/unkle.jpg'>
    Futura 2000

Loads more out here i like this post:king:

11. IVO AKM KILLERZ

IVO AKM KILLERZ 12oz Veteran Member

IVO AKM KILLERZ - Replied Nov 24, 2001

bumpfgggffdxyhtrjhuytjf

IVO AKM KILLERZ - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. Sonik3000

Sonik3000 12oz Senior Member

Sonik3000 - Replied Nov 24, 2001

Oh, trust me, that Mitchel Forman is completely herb-y. Don't chance your stylus with his style.

Recent Tommy Boy compilation had a graf cover that said Tommy Boy Records... very nice job.

I have some that are pretty hilariously bad.... but not a whole lot that are great.

16vandals is right on about the Malcom guest spot. Hot.

The Delta covers ae sick. If I'm not mistaken, they all started as canvases done with pretty ordinary acrylics by a very extraordinary guy.

Sonik3000 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. NATO

NATO Guest

NATO - Replied Nov 24, 2001

i few more that i remembered...

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/4499/atmos.jpg'>

[img]http://www.stonesthrow.com/releases/images/PBBREAKS.300.jpg'> Peanutbutter Wolf

14. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Nov 24, 2001

hot giblets....good score on some of those earlier records.

15. *SIZEROKS*

*SIZEROKS* 12oz Veteran Member

*SIZEROKS* - Replied Nov 24, 2001

SAAFIR-BOX CAR SESSIONS IN CERT BY DREAM.........SORRY I CANT POST.......

*SIZEROKS* - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: