Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATE, AND THE JOB MARKET.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ETHREADZNY, Jun 9, 2003.

1. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

To all you college grads, how long did it take you to find a job you were satisfied with? and prior to that, do you settle for a job working at a local franchise?

All I hear now is the Job Market sucks, I gues I will find out on my own.

2. im not witty

im not witty Guest

i just graduated in may, and i havent had a single person call me back to even tell me to fuck off. shit sucks.

3. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

yeah, thats the kind of shit that has me bugging. What kind of degree did you graduate with? I got a B.A. in liberal studies, I dont know what good that is going to be for me.

4. im not witty

im not witty Guest

i have a BA in english. but i dont want to teach. so yea, lots of free time on my hands right now.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

believe me, I'm no expert, but I think with a degree like that, you may be doing data entry for some corporation for a bit. My buddy got polisci, did data entry for an ad company, but he worked his way up and is now pimping the fresh gear. He's been taking fireman courses on the side, too.

6. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

you could get a position as a grocery store associate hahahahahah

7. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

Yeah I am willing to take what ever I can get. My original goal was to work towards my masters in social work, and work with runaways. But after much consideration and lots of student loans to pay back, I am think about taking classes at a tech institute, for some sort of trade.

8. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

yeah, go with the tech thing. But always use that "working with runaways" thing at the bars.

9. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

ha ha, anything for the ladies.

10. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

learning a trade is actually a good idea. my boy is a carpenter and he makes more money and finds jobs way more easily than i do after 4 years of schooling. plus he doesn't have to sit in a cube and he makes his own hours.

i too am looking for a new job since i'm going to relocate to warmer climates and it's proving more difficult than first thought and i have 2+ years of experience.

i think you have a good idea learning a trade, but don't get stuck doing something you don't enhoy just because it pays the bills. i other words it's better to wait than to settle.

11. ETHREADZNY

ETHREADZNY Elite Member

^ I can see myself getting burnt out early, I know that any tradework involves hardwork. But the payoff seems so much better. The may reason why a trade seems better, is like you said; the ablity to find a job. I dont now where I will be in a year, and not every place needs a counsler for runaways.