Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Realizing You Need To Not Give A Fuck

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GucciCondom, Oct 29, 2003.

1. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Lately I have had a fucking terrible time in life. I think its because I think about every little problem and other people too much and let it all get to me. This resulted in a long period of time where I wouldn't be able to sleep..wake up in the morning every day with bad stomach pains..and I was real edgey all of the time and hurting a lot of people I know. Over the past few days I have just realized that I need to go back to my not-giving-a-fuck attitude that I once had. Because before I somehow started caring about everything I was a much happier person and wouldn't have traded my life for anything.And since over the past few days I have been thinking about what I used to always think about just music..graff and chillin with my boys not dwelling on all of the problems and things wrong in my life I have really became a happier person like how I used to be. I was just wondering has anyone else experienced shit like this?

2. $360

$360 Elite Member

for sure. i never really had a "dont give a fuck" attitude, ive always dwelled(is that a word?) on problems. recently ive been better though, ive found you can give a fuck, but dont over do it. theres a buddist quote:

"if you have a problem, and there is something you can do about it, dont worry because you can do it. if you have a problem, and theres nothing you can do, dont worry because there is nothing you can do."

makes sense to me.

3. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

I'm sorry to tell you this bro but it's called "growing up" and it's fucked.
    Life sucks when you have to do that. I had to do it kinda young but now I'm just used to it. I feel old sometimes. Call me if you want. I'll yack it up with you my nizzle.....................

4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

this applies to painting in high traffic areas.

5. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

not givin a shit is the only way to give a shit if you give a shit given the shit taken situation and not given a shit cause you given a shit so your not given one.

6. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

eh, give a fuck. people suck, don't be worrying about them. i laugh when people die. that's what makes me happy. dead people. there's no better person than a dead person

7. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

i dont give a fuck like when i was given a fuck and upchucken on the lady i was fucken cause i was drunken pushin luck, and got the up chuck double o fuck out da slut and straight cut.

8. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

stress is stress.

i have the stomach pains, i get migraines, i can't sleep through the night, i feel you buddy. not giving a fuck is the polar opposite of the condition we seem to share, but i think truly stepping out emotionally and shutting out all the crap has quite a downside. i'm a big proponent for the 'grab life by the balls' attitude, making everyday better than the one that preceded it, but it's not always practical. finding a balance is the only way to really handle it. some people don't care about anything but their car, others their spouse, and nick hornby has written several books about couples whose relationships depend on the success of the man's obsession (a soccer team, a record store [high fidelity], etc.). mine has always been those around me, the friends i hold true to my heart. if one of my friends is in a bad place, i'm in a bad place, and i do everything i can to help them out. life fluctuates, it's a dynamic entity, and we all need coping skills. what we lack mentally and emotionally oftentimes surfaces as medical problems.

of course, i have the wonderful luck of having too many friends who are either on or need to be taking anti-depressants, so maybe i'm just a rambling idiot.

good luck. if you have to get the x-ray of your stomach to see if you've got ulcers, i feel your pain. it was 24 hours of not eating or drinking anything beforehand, and then i had to ingest what i can best describe as a chalk milkshake (something called barium, i think it's an element) and roll around so it coated my stomach lining. i was sick for two days because i couldn't get that fucking taste out of my mouth...

9. old*824

old*824 Senior Member

10. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

The key is finding a happy medium between not giving a fuck and dwelling on every potential problem in your, and others', life.

When you figure it out, be sure to let me know how you did it.

11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Shit yeah tell us. Then i'll merket the hell outta that idea, get rich quick and then make a rap album about it all. I'll call it....

"Cash money Off Yo' Revelation Nigga!"
    An Album By Lens

Guest Appearences by: Dr. Dazzle, E-Martyr, ILoveBoxCars and more

order now and get a limited edition commemerative keychain!

operators standing by.

12. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

Fuck your keychain

I have given a fuck lately i think ive become a better person but i havent had stomach cramps like yall bitches

13. deadasdreams

deadasdreams Member

i've been gaining the whole i don't give a fuck attitude lately.i was in high school once already.i need to get my life together so i've been cutting out the backstabbers,bloodsuckers and just plain bull shit out.just sticking to the people i really trust and would call my real friends.i've been finding my self alot happier.

14. Daddy Screw

Daddy Screw Member

could you please elaborate on this statement? Are you (or Nick) saying the reason the girl likes the guy is because he has a love for something else?

15. ILoveUnicrns

ILoveUnicrns Banned

just dont turn to anti-depressants...it might seem like they work in the beginning, but its not worth it