Real Pictures from Iraq(graphic content)

metallix

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Good pictures.

not the content of the pics, but the photographic quality is quite nice.

The guy knows how to take pictures.

the content makes me want to vomit.

well aint that some shit...

we better get our boys out of there soon, it has just gone to shit there.

im sending these pics to my uncle (he commands a fleet of P3's in the navy)

powerfull shit, if you find more please post them up!

War definately sucks

Especially for children and unarmed, defenseless civilians. I am sure that most of these photos of wounded or dead children depict completely innocent victims hit by accident, or injured as a consequence of action taken against nearby "insurgents." It's always tragic when children are hurt.

I've heard it said that 500,000 Iraqi children died as a result of the embargo, for lack of food and medicene. They are no less dead than a kid hit by a piece of shrapnel or a machinegun bullet. War is tragic. Maybe Saddam Hussein should have said to himself "I don't want 500,000 innocent Iraqi children to die as a result of my own hateful, selfish attempt to keep my dictatorship. I guess I'll open Iraq up to UN inspectors without any stupid bullshit, and then step down and let democracy wash over my country."

Notice all the burned-out Russian T-72 tanks. The U.S. was very concerned about these Russian tanks. They were very good tanks (or so we thought) better than the U.S. M-60 generation of tanks. But, as it turns out, one hit from a depleted uranium APDS round, and they blow the turret off and go up like a Roman candle. The Israelis, who had faced this same Russian tank in several wars thought that the Americans were being chicken about it. The Israelis captured hundreds of Russian tanks in their various wars with the Arabs (especially in 1973), redesigned them with a bigger, better turret, a smooth-bore tank gun and a bigger, more powerful super-charged diesel engine, painted a Star of David on them and put them back into service. They did not like being beholden to the U.S. for millions of dollars worth of tanks and tank ammunition. So they rebuilt captured Egyptian and Syrian tanks. They captured thousands of AK-47 rifles too, which they gave to groups like the South Lebanese Army (who are mostly Christian and Druse, and bitter foes of the PLO in Lebanon.)

I hope that peace comes to Iraq soon. I hope that the Baathists realize that their chances of regaining power are very slim. I hope that the Iraqi people reject the radical Islamists, and embrace secular democracy.

But frankly, I have my doubts. I think we may have to kill all the radical Islamists so that normal Iraqis have some chance of achieving a democracy, eventually.

If there wern't so many people in iraq that are damaged goods, they would have the sense to stop fighting and let the americans set up a democratic govt. Too many angry, violent men that don't give a fuck after such hard lives and cant look at the problem in ways bigger than themselves. And killing these guys is just going to create more hardship and bigger problems...vicious cycle

http://home.wi.rr.com/davef/18.jpg'>

Originally posted by WhiteOx

If there wern't so many people in iraq that are damaged goods, they would have the sense to stop fighting and let the americans set up a democratic govt. Too many angry, violent men that don't give a fuck after such hard lives and cant look at the problem in ways bigger than themselves. And killing these guys is just going to create more hardship and bigger problems...vicious cycle

Great analogy.

Re: War definately sucks

Originally posted by KaBar2

Especially for children and unarmed, defenseless civilians. I am sure that most of these photos of wounded or dead children depict completely innocent victims hit by accident, or injured as a consequence of action taken against nearby "insurgents." It's always tragic when children are hurt.

I've heard it said that 500,000 Iraqi children died as a result of the embargo, for lack of food and medicene. They are no less dead than a kid hit by a piece of shrapnel or a machinegun bullet. War is tragic. Maybe Saddam Hussein should have said to himself "I don't want 500,000 innocent Iraqi children to die as a result of my own hateful, selfish attempt to keep my dictatorship. I guess I'll open Iraq up to UN inspectors without any stupid bullshit, and then step down and let democracy wash over my country."

Notice all the burned-out Russian T-72 tanks. The U.S. was very concerned about these Russian tanks. They were very good tanks (or so we thought) better than the U.S. M-60 generation of tanks. But, as it turns out, one hit from a depleted uranium APDS round, and they blow the turret off and go up like a Roman candle. The Israelis, who had faced this same Russian tank in several wars thought that the Americans were being chicken about it. The Israelis captured hundreds of Russian tanks in their various wars with the Arabs (especially in 1973), redesigned them with a bigger, better turret, a smooth-bore tank gun and a bigger, more powerful super-charged diesel engine, painted a Star of David on them and put them back into service. They did not like being beholden to the U.S. for millions of dollars worth of tanks and tank ammunition. So they rebuilt captured Egyptian and Syrian tanks. They captured thousands of AK-47 rifles too, which they gave to groups like the South Lebanese Army (who are mostly Christian and Druse, and bitter foes of the PLO in Lebanon.)

I hope that peace comes to Iraq soon. I hope that the Baathists realize that their chances of regaining power are very slim. I hope that the Iraqi people reject the radical Islamists, and embrace secular democracy.

But frankly, I have my doubts. I think we may have to kill all the radical Islamists so that normal Iraqis have some chance of achieving a democracy, eventually.

for someone like you. i don't think you understand the real agenda's behind the war. its more then the facade and illusions pumped out over the television and believe it or not internet. go to the rand corporation website and download a paper there. it goes very deeply and excellently into the issues behind the war.

i don't think iraq will ever have its own government. and if they ever manage to get on their feet it might be a puppet government. traditionally iraq has always been ruled by violence because of their many ethnic groups there. they cant get along. that may have something to do with how iraq was actually created (the borders drawn.) its a long history.

what exactly is a democracy? its such a subjective concept. rule by people. DPRK considers itself democratic. so does china. so does the usa (and we all know we aren't totally democratic either.)

so if our own democracy is so flawed at home (2000 election) then why are we going around the world installing democracies?

how do you go about forcing people to have a democratic government? wasn't our own democracy won by revolution and not the british coming in and imposing a democracy upon us?

i dont think these "Radical" islamists will ever take a hold. if you look back 100 years into our own country in the 1900's to 1940's basically women did not have any rights at all. they may have had less rights then women in muslim countries.

if there so radical they shouldn't find any support in their own population. unless of course they have reason to be supported by them. which this invasion would probably help with.

there's just so many angles at which to question this war its not even funny. weapons of mass destruction? never found

democracy? not yet

liberating the people? i think' they've over-liberated themselves and now we have to bomb them back into submission. ;)

a lot of countries commit disgusting atrocities.

a government does not always reflect the attitudes of the people..

this images weren't as bad as i thought they'd be..

i saw some horrible ones when i was in spain last year..

they were mostly of children who were mutilated..

and that shit was in the newspaper.

people need to see where their tax dollars go.

and as far as sanctions..they were working, so we killed thousands of iraqis, whats a few more so we can get them to be what we want them to be [and not necessarily whatthey want to be]

and as far as a free and democratic iraq, if it looks anything like our elected government, free and democratic ...hahaha what a joke..

Granted the iraqis were not big fans of saddam but at least he maintained some vestige of order. The country is in complete chaos now and that chaos feeds on itself. There are looters and people going out of business and farmers leaving failed crops and all kinds of crap there. One cannot be "civilized" if "survival" is the name of the game.

Archived