RAW EGGS

John Basegow

DOES ANYONE HERE EVER EAT RAW EGGS? THE OTHER NIGHT I WAS TOO LAZY TO COOK EGGS, SO I DECIDED TO JUST EAT THEM RAW. I ONLY ENDED UP EATING ONE RAW EGG, BECUASE I WASN'T SURE IF I MIGHT PUKE OR NOT. I WASN'T THAT BAD THOUGH AND I DIDN'T PUKE. TONIGHT I'M GONNA TRY EATING 2 EGGS.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive always been curious. i mean, you cant really eat a raw egg, can you? you reall drink it, no?

i can imagine what the consistency was like but as an experienced taster, can you explain?

you stirr it up obviously. so that the yolk and the egg white are no longer seperated. mix in some milk and sugar. plenty of sugar. niiiice.

there is some small risk of bacterial contamination

it is estimated that there is Salmonella Enteritidis in 1 out of every 10,000 eggs.

so there's a 1 in 10,000 chance (roughly) that you will get sick form salmonella every time you eat a raw one.

i have been baking for my entire life, and tasting batter with raw eggs in it for many many years.

i don't think it has ever made me ill.

yet

Isn't that the risk from eating non-pasteurized eggs? I thought the risk was a whole lot less than that, that's pretty steep for me if not.

Back in the day our folks used to use raw eggs in lots of stuff, especially adult beverages, and they are pretty good, sometimes.

Guest spectr

i used to live with these russian kids we would drink vodka and chase gian shots with raw eggs made the vodka taste smooth so yes i ate raw eggs but russians don't count they are like roaches almost nothing will kill em or make em sick