Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ravers and thier "silly crap" accessories...funny

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by -Rage-, Feb 20, 2002.

1. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Check it:
    http://www.audiogalaxy.com/articles/index....8033cce9eba40ce

Or read...

Court Rules Clubs Must Allow Ravers To Bring Their Silly Crap

http://www.audiogalaxy.com/articles/images/raver.jpg'>
    [i]Thanks to the ACLU, this guy is free to dress like a post-apocalyptic idiot.[/i]

As part of the American government's ongoing "War on Drugs," raves are being targeted all across the country. Citing a 400 percent increase in ecstasy use in three years, Congress passed the Ecstasy Prevention Act of 2001 last year, which resulted in longer jail sentences for traffickers and a huge increase in funding to combat the use of ecstasy and "other club drugs." While most court rulings in the last few years have favored the DEA over clubowners, the ACLU recently won a small but important case representing the ravers.

First, a little background: In 1998, a 17-year-old girl died during a rave at the State Palace Theater in New Orleans of overheating, a condition often related to taking ecstasy. The owners of the venue were the first clubowners to be prosecuted under a 1986 federal "crackhouse law," which bars anyone from making a building available for drug sales. In May 2001, the owners reached a plea bargain with the DEA, paid a $100,000 fine, raised the club's minimum age to 18, and agreed to a ban of face masks, glowsticks, pacifiers, and other items considered "drug paraphernalia." Rave-goers at the theater were forced to throw away or hand over such personal items before they would be allowed inside.

But last week, the ACLU's challenge, which stated that the ban, "embodies the government's unconstitutional assault against the electronic music culture," resulted in what the ACLU calls a "major victory." U.S. District Judge G. Thomas Porteous ruled that federal agents could not legally block such items, citing First Amendment rights. In his ruling, he said, "the government cannot ban inherently legal objects that are used in expressive communication because a few people use the same legal item to enhance the effects of an illegal substance." He also acknowledged that there is no evidence that banning such items has had any effect on ecstasy use.

The court ruling is just a small step in preserving the threatened rave culture. The government crackdown on raves is having a major effect on the scene. Part of the Ecstasy Prevention Act rewards communities with grants for, "passing ordinances restricting rave clubs, increasing law enforcement on ecstasy, and seizing lands under nuisance abatement laws to make new restrictions on an establishment's use." This is dramatically cutting down the number of raves and rave-like events nationwide. Still, Porteous' ruling shows that at least one member of the government believes that the crackdown should be on the drugs and dealers, not on the culture.

"Today's ruling tells law enforcement agents that if you want to target drug use at raves, you've got to play by the rules," said ACLU Drug Policy Litigation Project Director Graham Boyd in a press release. "Go after the drug dealers, not the entertainers and dancers and people who are there to enjoy the show."

-Lacey Tauber

2. catwash

catwash Guest

now thats taking it too far.... how the fuck does he move in all that?

3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

i bet ravers are like fucking punching bags when they're on E...i'd fuckin go nuts and kick some ass....anger management and shit

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

wear fun fur gloves and kick some ass !

5. bobobi11

bobobi11 Elite Member

A couple of years ago here in Portland a girl died at a rave, same thing, over-heating. After a lengthy investigation (1 or 2 years) they managed to track down the dealer who sold her the E. He was charged with like manslaughter or something to that effect. Basically they held the dealer responsible for her death. That seemed pretty groundbreaking. I mean could they theoretically charge the dealer in any overdose death? Scary thought.

6. im not witty

im not witty Guest

kids dying from ecstasy is practically unheard of. kids dying from overheating/dehydration is the more common cause. or perhaps eating something thats not ecstasy at all.

in short, drink water, stay cool, and know your dealer.

oh yea edited becuase i forgot to say, fuck raver fashion in its loose butthole with sharpened glow sticks. *jaded.

7. NATO

NATO Guest

ha ha i would love to do that,i bet they cant put up much of a fight on e or not. Violence is golden.

8. YinzerXpress

YinzerXpress Guest

haha fuck some ravers

9. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

http://www.i-mockery.com/antirave/idiots/satanraver.jpg'>

simon says be stupid.

10. Icabod_Crane

Icabod_Crane Junior Member

i'm down to fuck a raver slut.

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.netgoth.org.uk/people/731.jpg'>
    "B _ O _ B _ B _ Y _ D _ I _ G _ I _ T _ A _ L"

12. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

13. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

whats with these stupid fucks and thier gright orange camo pants?...seriously I saw some stupid ass walking around in tnese things today and not only was I amazed that he wasn't trpping over the hem of the pants, but where the fuck are you goihng to hide in safety orange and red camo?...a fire?...good I hope they never find him.

14. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

.......... I HAVE BEEN AND ACTIVE GABBER,DOOMCORE ,HARDCORE,DARKSTEP,RAGGA,JAZZ JUNGLIST FOR A WHILE. SINCE 93. NEVER DONE X,SPECIAL K,GHB,SPEED,CRACK,HEROIN. I HAVE DONE PEYOTE TWICE, MUSHROOMS ONCE AND ACID............AND ACID............AND ACID ANDACIDADAIADo__O!!

YA HOUSE IS STUPID HAPPY HARDCORE IS SOMWHAT TOLERABLE TRANCE IS FOR FAGS AND ETARDS WHO DONT LIKE THE SUN. BUT THE WHOLE RAVE SCENE I DEAD TO ME. THE DEATH OF A SCENE IS WHEN ITS REALLY NOT FUN TO YOU ANYMORE YOU JUST GO OUT OF HABIT.

BUT I THINK THE BEST DAMN DJ'S ARE

RINS&FLUX
    DJ DARA
    R.A.W
    DJ W..........IF HE SPINS ON 991 PLAYNG JA RULE ONE MORE TIME..
    DJ HIVE
    DJ Q-BERT
    X-CUTIONERS
    THE CUBAN
    KINGPIN!!!!...HAHA I SAW HIM OPEN AND AT THE END OF HIS SET THE MC WAS ALL GIVE IT UP FOR DJ..... DUDE WHATS YOUR NAME

DELTA 9
    RON D CORE
    DIG DUG
    STEREOLAB....HAHA FUCK YOU!!
    DJ TRON

15. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

hahaha if they were on e they would probably have an orgasm or some shit