RAVEN!!!!! or any olympus owner.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm preety close on buying that c-3040 digicam.

I read a shitload of reviews, details, technical specifications etc.

Everything said nothing but the best, but still, if i had a buddy that owned the camera i would trust him 10,000 more times and i would be able to ask him some really plain yet crucial questions.

So whats the camera like when you really use it? what about the batterys? how many hi res pics can you fit. How many MB's do you use on that memory stick? Whats up with those weird formats?

I know i ask much and that none of you is a camera salesman but i'd like to hear some real facts that i can undersand before i see my $$$ fly.

Thanx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have an olympus.. it works really well, and the pictures come out so dayum perfect every time.

As for the battieries, mines take 4. I use regular duracels which last 2 days worth of all day picture taking. But it came with it's own batteries and a charger, so sometimes I use that too (when I can find my charger.) That saves you on alot of dough also. When you charge the batteries they give, they last about a whole day of picture taking.

The only downfall i found in the olympus, is that it doesn't take pictures well in the dark/faint light. Like.... it tries and tries to focus and focus, but it wont take the picture if it wont focus, meaning no lite.... so thats a bit hard sometimes, but most of the time it works out i guess.

When uploading to my computer, I had a bit problem with it detecting the cords to go to the computer... like i had to fiddle with it to make it fit rite, but theres never been a time where i could never get it to work.

They usually come with 2 memory cards.... and the max amount of pictures that can fit are about 50. If you change the resolution higher, then the less pictures you can fit on each card. But i personally use the lowest resolution, because i think it works fine.. it looks perfect to me.

I also bought a printer than came with it.... I DONT SUGGEST DOING IT. if you got a good printer at home, just use that with photo paper, and the pictures come out to high quality. I spent alot of $$ on the printer, and I only used it twice.. and never bought anymore refills because they were too pricey, and my printer prints out pictures good anyway.. so i could of saved myself some dough.

alltogether i spent about a grand and a half on everything. i got my camera when it first came out... i think about 3 years ago.. or maybe 4. so im sure the prices have lowered.

i hope i helped.. good luck, and tell me how you like your new cam.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Fr8o, thanx bro:)

DEE, do you have the 3040? cause i read that it has a magnificent lens, and that it works real good on tough lighting conditions, if its to dark no camera can shoot anyway unless on bulb.

Good thing batterys are rechargeable, i also need some info on its zoom,

I dont understand that whole 2x, 3x, things, say it simple...

Can i take a spy pic of a girl without her noticing?

Can i photograph a piece from the other side of the highway?

That type of things.

I have a very good printer so hi res interest me a lot but the thing is that i would like to be able to go out and take a decent amount of hi res pics before going back home.

Thanx

Okay, I have the Olmpus C-3000, but it is basically the same as you are looking at with just a few less bells and whistles. The picture quality is wonderful. As for the zoom, mine is 3x optical zoom and 2.5 digital zoom. What that means is that I can go into the menu and put the digitial zoom on, which zooms everything 3x. I can also use the optical zoom which is controlled by a lever and and can go up to 2.5x. The digital zoom does not appear in the viewfinder, but the optical does. To answer about the girl or the freight, not really. You would be better to get closer.

There are a lot of options on this camera, that I don't even use half the time. I do like the black & white and sepia functions. I also like the manual light adjustments you can make. Overall, it is a good camera and I would recommend it highly.

yeah, everything bobobi11 said...

it's not a james bond camera that you can take spy flicks on.. but it does have a good zoom, but nothing super fantastic where you can take a pic of china when your in the u.s..... but it's still good when your a couple feet away from something.. and want to zoom up on a "scene" more than something specific, wanting it in detail (while your far away.)

my sister stole my camera once again, so i'm not exactly sure what model it is, but it's the bigger ones, not the regular boxy looking ones that look like regular cameras.

i hardly use hi-res. it takes a while to upload a hi-res photo (not rediculously long), but longer than the regular-res settings, and i'm satisfied with the regular-res photos.

but for alot of detailed stuff, yeah, you'd want to use hi-res. like, say zooming up on a flower, or wanting to get every rock on the ground beside a freight, stuff like that. for an overall big picture or a scene, reg. res is fine.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by fr8oholic

yeap, and another.

on another note i've only used olympus 35mm cams but my last one went to shit on me and i smashed it on the tracks out of frustration...

i couldnt get the film to load on my last so i did almost the exact same thing...

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by DEE38

yeah, everything bobobi11 said...

it's not a james bond camera that you can take spy flicks on..

HAHAHA, like seeking once said "your sense of humor glows like a black stone in the dark" or something less insultive and more funny than this...

I know, you're right. I just wanted to have an example over the 3x thing.

I think your description preety much covers me.

To tell you the truth i just need zoom on that camera in order to make good frames of what i shoot.

So i guess the zoom amount is about the same that a good point and shoot has, right?

I need highres cause i want to print my flicks, or in digital mode to be able to use a detail of a flick in a graphik without having resolution breaking my balls.

Thank you very much for the help.

On a sidenote, today i got that exta 250$ i've been waiting and i might know someone 35 years older than me, sharing the same last name that maybe willing to pay the rest:D

wish me luck

Instead of letting your $$$ fly, I would personally recommend theft. Yes it's risky and carries with it the potential for prison time, but if you pay a really young, rich kid to do it for you (8-11 years old with a net family income of at least $300,000 a year), chances are you'll reap the rewards of a plot well formulated.

Archived