RATS!

KASTsystem

Last night, I heard the sound of a fairly large animal scratching inside my walls...my roommate said he's been hearing it in his bedroom for about a week. I think it might be a rat. My girlfriend is scared to stay over anymore. Anyone ever have this problem? How do you get rid of it?

There are no holes in my wall. It has not made it into my apartment yet, but it sure sounds like its trying to get in.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Call the Pied Piper!

Naw but for real, Its most likely already in your apartment. It might just be looking for another way in when your hearing it. What we did once was clean up the place really good. Like totally take anti bacterial everything to the joint under and in every nook and cranny. If the mouse/rat has nothing to eat, it might go away. But most likely it won't so bait some traps in warm dark places. After a bit of waiting we had success like that. If all else fails call the crocodile hunter.. he'll bring over a snake to eat it! .. peas

Well if you live in an apartment I would say tell the manager. Next question are the sounds all coming from the same sime of the apt., say on a wall next to a neighbor? Could be that the neighbors have a new pet that is behaving naughty.

We have rats in our garage, scary little mofos. We put poison out and we have cats, but they are still out there every once in awhile. Better than last year when they would come up on our deck and taunt the cats through the sliding door.

wow that SUCKS. a very similar situation happened to me last winter

when it got cold. unfortunately the little fuckers already made it into

my apt before i discovered them. fuckers. it was gross, i ended freakin

out and using a lot of expandable foam and steel wool.

for about a week, the fuckers came back and i could here them

squealing in my wall from pain as they tried to chew throught the steel

wool.

then they were gone.

i dont know what to tell you if they havent gotten in yet?? just keep

an eye out i guess....you could call your super, or an exterminator

like ewok.

good luck

rats suck

yos

check behind you fridge and stove...If theres droppings back there, throw some poison cubes back there...Once they eat the poison, it dehydrates them so they'll leave you crib in search of water and die...Once one died in the wall of my apartment and it smelled like rotting fish for a week...NASTY

oh yeah, dont get those glue traps...They usually dont do the job right and you'll have to kill the rat youself and that sucks...

Whats supposed to happen, is the rats supposed to step in the trap and their front legs get caught in the glue, they then try and take a step forward and their face is then supposed to get caught in the glue and sufficating them...This never happened at my pad...2 times the rat got like one of their back legs caught in the trap and didnt die...It was kinda sad to throw out a rat that was still alive...

i lived in a house that got infested by fairly large rats last year..it was really horrible..they can get into anything, everything..

do not underestimate their powers..they can get onto high counters, chew through metal (we used to hear them chewing through the back of the fridge!!), and any kind of walls..

i hate to say it, but if you have them, they are not leaving..i think it is nearly impossible to get rid of rats, because they are so crafty, can squeeze through anything, and they will stake their claim on a house..or apartment..

ours got really out of control..the last few months i lived their, i couldn't cook in the house...a roomate's girlfriend also got cornered in the bathroom (on the second floor!!) by one..it was as big as a large cat..

if i were you, i would take the landlord to court about breaking the lease if neccesary, but i would get the fuck out of there (their place now)..trust me, if you get rid of them, they will eventually come back..all your furniture might be fucked too...we had one living in a recliner...

it was bad..

my sincere condolences on the loss of your comfort

I actually caught a mouse once in my old apartmet. It had managed to get inside a pizza box that was on the counter. I heard him. I picked up the box and slowly took it out to the dumpster. Right before I threw the box in, I opened it to make sure the mouse was still in there. It jumped out and ran away. I threw out the box, and that was that.

Rats are a whole other story. Clean your apartment really good. Put all of your food in places that they can't get to it. Set some traps (that's the only way to kill them and know for sure that they haven't died somewhere else in your apartment). Check the traps a couple of times a day, because you don't want that shit stinking up your place. If you get one in the trap, dispose of it ASAP, and disinfect the area (I read somewhere that it is possible for a rat trap to shoot rat particles like 20 feet away).

If all else fails, ask a friend to borrow his/her cat for a week or two. Good luck.

I still am not 100% sure it is a rat. But there is definitely some kind of animal in there. I live on the 5th floor, and I heard rats don't go up that high. And like you said, they can chew through anything, so how come they haven't busted any holes through my walls after 2 weeks of scratching and clawing at them?

damn i hate those glue traps they suck ass...its true about the part that it doesnt even kill the rat

one time after using some of those rat poisin things in basement i noticed a stinky ass smell one night....the dead rat had fuckin maggots all over it....that was some nasty shit....i havent had rats in my house for 2 years haha!!

Also, not to scare you or anything, but I've heard that Too much rat dander (sp? ... dead skin, hair, etc.) in your lungs can cause respiatory problems. If you are getting sick more than usual, this could be the reason ... although I think you have to have like a whole rat colony in your apartment for it to get bad enough to do this.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

use the lil blue pellet bait.

It comes in a yellow box..

Pour some parmesian cheese

around it, like a trail. Pour a lil

in the box. The lil fucker

will eat it up. Trust me. I had the

same exact problem. Put it nearest

to where you hear the sounds.

Lucky for me, I found out he was

grubbing in my kitchen drawer.

He ate a bunch of cheese packets

into pieces. Thats how I figured

he would go for the bait, heh heh!

I left one in the drawer, he ate it,

and I never heard him again. ;)

my grandmas house got fucked up by rats when she was away. they chewed through pipes and her floor started to sag and bubble and shit because water got everywhere. also chewed through the hose to her washer and dryer. thousands of dollars worth of damage. she used some very potent rat poison..some special kind, i forget what it was called

Archived