Ratatat

fermentor666

Ok so I'm a little drunk, it's 4:oo something AM and I just saw the best show ever. Band: Ratatat. D/L cd here: http://www.disappearhere.org/tunes/kc/RATATAT/ but also buy it because they're awesome. I haven't been to a show that good in forever and the opening bands were pretty lame so that says something about Ratatat which was that they were awesome. My ears are ringing like morning bells.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, it was the most amazing thing I've ever been too and I've been to some awesome shows. The two guys had guitar and bass and were playing to the drum machine, I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it was, it was so loud and awesome. Awesomeness. Totally radical and tubular. If they are playing near you ever don't miss it for your life even if the opening bands suck total dick.

Plus, their new stuff is awesome.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 6 2005, 02:51 PM

Nekro, really? Last night's show? Shit I wish I knew you were going to be there.

I think I have hearing damage in my right ear.

Hell yeah I was there last night. I went friday in Providence too, but had to leave before Ratatat played so my friend could make his curfew. I too wish I had bought some earplugs.

I was wearing a hoodie that said MAX2000 on it.

OH shit dude, that's crazy. I don't think I saw ya, I was in just a black hoodie with a Red Sox hat and 360 who's a short kid with glasses and a Saves the Day hoodie. We were at the little bar up the steps for the opening bands cause we weren't really into them, until Ratatat came on and we went down up front and stood right next to the right speaker which would explain the ringing in my right ear.

That show was so good I almost cried.

I was up in the cafe until Ratatat came on as well. There's a good chance we could have run into each other. I was there with a tall kid with red hair, a nerdy looking kid, and his good looking girlfriend.

The crowd was like 1/5 that size in Providence. I agree with you on the crowd: it was like hipsters, MIT kids, and lame people. The hipsters are to be expected, and the MIT characters can be explained by the proximity to the campus. I suppose their are frats at MIT, but I expected them to be full of asian/indian math prodigies. Everyone there was taking themselves far too seriously.

Originally posted by Nekro@Mar 6 2005, 10:49 PM

Everyone there was taking themselves far too seriously.

Fuck man, then don't come to San Francisco looking for enthusiatic crowds or folks just wanting to have a good time.

Mad posturing and sneers all around. those that know the RikShaw can relate to me on this for sure.

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 7 2005, 10:59 PM

My buddy is friends with the guy whose brother produced their latest album. We got a gang of free cd's

Does he take demos? :p

I just grabbed Ratatat's rap mixtape where they took the accapellas from a bunch of hip-hop songs off soulseek, apparently it's really hard to find, haven't listened to the whole thing yet but their version of GFK's "Run" is gooooood. IM me if you want it, I've pasted my IM here enough times.

Originally posted by LENS+Mar 7 2005, 05:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LENS - Mar 7 2005, 05:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>My buddy is friends with the guy whose brother produced their latest album. We got a gang of free cd's

Yeah, they're fantastic for sure.

but it;'s really about

LADY TRON

[/b]

I totally almost saw ladytron in london. They were going to be spinning during a showing of the movie Tron. There were no tickets.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 7 2005, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 7 2005, 10:59 PM

My buddy is friends with the guy whose brother produced their latest album. We got a gang of free cd's

Does he take demos? :p

I just grabbed Ratatat's rap mixtape where they took the accapellas from a bunch of hip-hop songs off soulseek, apparently it's really hard to find, haven't listened to the whole thing yet but their version of GFK's "Run" is gooooood. IM me if you want it, I've pasted my IM here enough times.

I have that, but haven't had a moment to listen to it.

<!--QuoteBegin-ThreeSixtyReturns@Mar 7 2005, 06:12 PM

nekro, i probably saw you, but i was really drunk because my boss bought me drinks.

good drinks.

good show.

Understandable.