Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

rape is ok, as long as you have PTSD

Discussion in 'News' started by lord_casek, Jun 29, 2006.

1. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Joined: Jan 24, 2006 Messages: 27,078 Likes Received: 1,007
    http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/ne...9_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-CRIME-CANADA-ASSAULT-COL.XML

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - A former Canadian soldier who claimed to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, has been found not guilty of sexual assaulting a 13-year-old girl due to his mental disorder, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported on Thursday.
    Roger Borsch, 34, had pleaded not guilty in a Winnipeg court to assaulting a co-worker's daughter. He said he suffered from a mental disorder stemming from his experience with the military in war-torn Bosnia.
    Local media reported Borsch, who was working at a correctional institute at the time of the incident, admitted during his two-week trial that he broke into a home in June 2004 and sexually assaulted the girl at knifepoint.
    Borsch told the court about events he witnessed in Bosnia in 1994 that caused his disorder, including shooting a Serbian soldier who was raping a young girl.
    A psychiatric review panel will decide whether Borsch requires hospitalization or will be released into the community under supervision, CBC said.

------hey, that's ok. last year and the year before last we had how many cases of soldiers coming back and killing/beating their wives? there was one base that had 14 instances in a one month time period.

2. Hashassian

Hashassian Banned

Dont wanna bother to read all that blab. sorry

3. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Joined: Jan 24, 2006 Messages: 27,078 Likes Received: 1,007
    in the five seconds you took to post, you could've read that.

i'll sum it up for you: soldier comes back from war, rapes 13 year old girl, gets off charges.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  4. spectr

spectr Guest

i have ptsd thats why i keep writing my name on your squad car and everything else in this city officer.

5. shitting

shitting Veteran Member

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

WHAT? So, if you rape a girl with a pSTD then you can't get charged in Canada? I'm gonna go get a ragin' case a crabs and hop the train! I'll say she gave them to me!

7. nigel7

nigel7 New Jack

mental disorder or what fuck wrongs with himis no excuse blame the soldier and the army admistration for causing this.sorry for the girl but no sympathy the world to fucked up as it is to even care.

8. HardyHarHar

HardyHarHar Senior Member

God, that is so sick and twisted. Blame Canada!

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I wonder what would have happened if he'd killed a Serbian soldier raping a pig.

10. HardyHarHar

There is a really good book about the war in Bosnia called _Sarajevo Marlboro_, it's all short stories.

11. CALIgula

CALIgula Moderator Crew

both him and the soldier are sick in the fucking head!

12. HardyHarHar

13. HardyHarHar

Mira Markovic
    Milosevic's wife

[​IMG]

14. famecrazy

famecrazy Veteran Member

The Governement is also to blame, and i think they have accepted that they are partly responisble for this guys actions. I doubt he was ever provided with theropy or counceling when he returned from war. And as more and more of these cases come into the public sector we will see that unless they want to be sued they will have to continue to give these guys far lighter sentances.

I'm not saying I agree with this at all, I think that it's a huge cop out BUT in letting this guy off the Government is in a backwards sort of wat beginging to take some responsibility. And im sure that they will provide all soldiers who return with alot help than this guy got.

Not to stray away from the fact that this is still wrong!

15. HardyHarHar

Huh, you make an interesting point. After all, it was not this poor future-rapist who started the war. Still I think that law is law, and you have to set the bar somewhere, and you can't just let rapists off. Law and government is about running society and it sets a bad example to have someone get away with such an atrocious crime, no matter the cause.