Random people observing graffiti

A Fire Inside

I was at a legal wall yesterday and a father brought his daughter (only about 8 or 9) down and walked around the place looking at the graffiti. I even over-heard her ask her Daddy if she would be able to do something like this one day.

I was just wondering if anyone else had encounters or have seen somone who doesn't write come and look at graffiti like this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i love to see this..

paint louis was awesome because of that ..all kinds of families were around, taking flicks, asking questions..i even saw a little girl talking to her dad in a similar way..

the other day i was coming down a busy street and saw a woman engrossed in a throw up..it was fucking hilarious..

i got a nice spot recently...all kinds of tourists were subjected to it on the regular..i used to just watch them, watching it..

ive been painting legals where like this car with tinted windows will like,pull up and chill..its kind of creepy and then they just leave..then you run into the people that are "ignant" and are like yo dog how you do that shit.but ive had lots of friends get commission jobs from other people coming up and being like..yo can you do this on my building..i think its stupid personally...im not concerned with people liking graffiti.

Guest JoeHatesCops

Yeah

Ive seen people like that, but ive also been yelled at by old men are there walks, most peopel are heroes in my expeirence, Ive only been to a legal wall once, so i geuss my expeirience is limited in this area

Guest --->NEKS

lol.....funny thread

i've had people driving by numerous times taking pictures and then threating us that he was gonna give them to the police...(at a legal wall)lol.

and nothing is better than some homeless crackhead telling me to write "say word, crip" on my wall.lmao

alot of people look at legal and even illegal piecing as cool and as an art....if someone saw you busting a fillin/throwup/tag, they will either ignore you or call the cops or pull some vigilante shit...happened to me and a friend....hitting a bus stop one time near an intersection some women pulls up and is like 'HEY!' then she picks up her cell phone faces it towards us and pushes 911... luckly traffic was all backed up and pretty much stand still so we booked it across the street into an apartment complex and my friend happend to know another writer that lived there...so we chilled there for a bit then jetted home......

I've been stopped numerous times by people while I was painting, and most of the time I don't get good responses. I've had to act like a complete intimidating asshole, and then i've had to run too many times to count. The other night I was bombing the side of a small bridge and two guys riding bikes had stopped. The first guy said "don't worry man, we're not going to rat, mind if we watch?" I found it kinda weird, because I had started my fill and figured it was two cops waiting for me to finish the outline and see what I wrote but they seemed a little too drunk to be cops. I just told them to stand off down the hill a little bit so they didn't draw attention from the Blvd and to holler if any cops drove past or slowed down. They watched and told me it was an amazing artform, and the guy that confronted me was telling me about the graffiti in Amsterdam and other places he toured in Europe. I also had a teacher that appreciated art period, and she caught me reading 'SprayCan Art' in class, and she wasn't mad at all. She also had told me about seeing graffiti on trains. I'll stop babbling on now.

i was painting this spot off the highway with my friend and out of nowhere these kids came walking up it was 4:00 in the morning so we just stayed and they were asking what click we claimed or some shit like that and they thought the colors we were using had some underlying meaning anyway they were being loud and ignorant and this girl was like yo write my name "baby girl" so i did anyway this story sucks sorry im bored! i just want to fit in:cool:

Originally posted by regulator

i saw this dad and his son get on a crushed muni bus in sf...there was miniwide tags everywhere...and teh little kid was like "WOW...look at all the graffiti" and his dad immeidately snapped "YEA THATS BAD....REAL BAD...goooosssshhhh"

haha i remember when i went to frisco back in the day with my pops i must have been 7 or 8 and we rode the muni and i was just in amazement.

Archived