Railroad scanners

kinkosnerd

Ive been looking around on the interent, and checking out my local radio shack for some VHF scanners.. I need a handheld one, and Im startled by the price.. The lowest ones that Ive seen thus far have been 99 bucks new.. Ive seen a few on ebay as well, but am weary about ending up with one that needs a crystal.. any one got any tips on getting a good one, or just some decent models that I can look for? I would appreciate any serious help I can get.. Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i got a uniden. most of there hand helds under 100.00 dont need a crystal. if you go to buy one just tell them what you need it for and that you dont want a crystal...the codes are way easy to come by too..."lets a niggah know when to stop robbin all da cases of brew...word gots to watch out fo dem 5-0hs"!!!

http://zippy.cso.uiuc.edu:8080/~roma/rr-freqs/

UGH!!!!!!!!! DUDE DID YOU NOT SEE THE FUCKING SCANNER THREAD DOWN THE PAGE....well fuck i responded to you cuz i didnt so fuck it.....delete!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you're kidding

I hope you're kidding about breaking into cargo. If you're serious, you are going to need a lot more than a $99 scanner---more like a damned good criminal lawyer and about $10,000 worth of attorney's fees. And a big tube of KY for your trip to the joint. Nobody with any brains breaks into railroad cargo---it sets off an ongoing investigation by the railroad bulls and it makes the Yard HOT for everybody, including graff writers, tramps, hobos and everybody else. Most of the tim,e what you're going to find is something like a shipment of bags of brick mortar, or plywood, or ornamental brick anyway. LEAVE THE CARGO ALONE. If you want to be a criminal, do it somewhere else than the goddammed rail yards.

Archived