Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

railroad maps

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by taco bell bomber, Jun 3, 2002.

1. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber Senior Member

yes there prolly is a thread on this..but i havent seen one in al ong time so oh well...
    does anyone know where i can buy state railroad maps, i know that nj transit gives them out to there workers..so i herd...and it shows every fr8 layup, yard and other train yards even if they are stored there everynight.. i was wondering if anyone knew where one might go to get one of these?

2. aztek4two1

aztek4two1 Member

most regular road atlases will have railroads outlined on them.
    keep on truckin.

3. JeffLebowski

JeffLebowski Junior Member

Triple A

Triple A or "AAA" maps show with some detail the main lines and most yards... Online you might wanna try MapQuest.com. And on ArtCrimes there is a link to a satellite image map site... Happy hunting

4. kinkosnerd

kinkosnerd Junior Member

there are lots of specific railroad maps/atlas' out there.. you have to turn to the side of railfanning though.. search around on websites involved with that stuff... I know that Ive gotten a free one from UP, CP, CSX and a few map books that I have paid dearly for..

5. BeetNIK

BeetNIK Member

specifics?

do you have any specific URLs or a good keyword to search?

6. WITS

WITS Member

Find you a good key map. They have all the yards labeled and layups are shown. They're very handy. That's my suggestion if you can't get the railroad maps.. The key map would be easiest to get anyway I think. They sell them at pretty much every bookstore I have ever been in. Yeah.

7. kinkosnerd

kinkosnerd Junior Member

www.deskmap.com sells an awesome book that has all that you need.. its 80 bucks though.. Only would be worth it if you had a few people to throw down for it.. thats what we did at least.
    there are a ton of other ones out there, check out www.trainsmag.com and start working your way around the sites that sell shit.. or fuck, just buy a copy of trains magazine and you will see plenty of ads..

8. taco bell bomber

9. Are2

Are2 Senior Member

the regular road gazette for my state (they make em for all states) has all the lines, and they are also labelled with what railroad owns them..

made by rand-mcnally
    about 30 bucks
    its a few hundred pages..nice detail

10. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

yeah i want that rand mcnalley map too but i cant find the book for sale anywhere...

11. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i got mine from some guy in the paper

12. TheKidSkepr

TheKidSkepr New Jack

dumb

its funny how u guys are giving out secrets n shit.. let everyone find spots... fuck heads:eek:

13. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Re: dumb

yeah, I know if I was looking for new spots I'd never guess to look in a road map! thats just way to clever...I mean...shit. Thats some top secret shit right there.

14. WITS

WITS Member

Re: dumb

Just because it's on the map doesn't mean you can paint there fuckface. And some people actually like helping people out... like when your dad couldn't get it up I humbly accepted the task of fucking the shit out of your sister...Hah. I am bored.

15. taco bell bomber

Re: Re: dumb

and why are u being a fucking dick..its not like a map is a secret...if u didnt want to answer my question you should have fucking came into the thread cockgobbler, so jus stay the fuck out next time, and being a dick to ese....fine, but being im sure he knows 12000 times as much as you about fr8s, i think u should think twice