Railroad College

kinkosnerd

Has anyone heard of any of the railroad college courses out there. I was looking at the CSXT website today, under the jobs available section, and there was a bunch of stuff about a course taught at a couple of colleges around the country. it was a conductor program of some sort, it cost $4000 though. so i was just wondering if anyone had any experiece with this one.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

well do they say anything about graffiti?

i mean, id guess that a shit load of writers have thought about becoming a railworker/conductor just to get in the yards and have a well paying job.

its a really good idea.

foxy, if you think about it, what do conductors have to do? i might be wrong, but just sit in the engine and controll the train.

carry your ps2 and play that until the buzzer starts goin off tellin you you just hit somethin.

13 hours shouldnt be all that bad,

i work a warehouse 12 hour shifts 4 days a week, 5 and 6 if i want it.

and to think about the money youd be making as a conductor would be loads more than what i make in that shitty ass acrylic dust filled warehouse.

that shit makes your nose bleed.

found a new use for my respirator.

the conductor is in the cab with the engineer, but he isn't the one operating the train. He just does that paperwork, watches for signals, does all the physical crap involved in switching or repairs over the road. To be an engineer requires a ton of training and is far more complicated than you'd think. You gotta be focused on your job 100% or you could seriously fuck up. Just cause he doesn't have to steer doesnt make it easy...

Archived