Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Railfan Site w/ Freight Train Timetables??

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Oi Vei, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Oi Vei

Oi Vei Member

Just curious if anyone knew of either a railfan or a freight company website that features fairly accurate and up-to-date timetables for specifically East Coast and Midwest freight companies and freight lines. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Not gonna happen, 'Maybe' pre-9/11 you coulda stumbled on something but now all sensative rail information isnt publicly available.
    You'll have to go down to the yards a few hours a day and make notes like the rest of us

3. GoldenTouch

GoldenTouch Member

even that is starting to prove difficult in places

4. shai

shai Dirty Dozen Crew

get a crew change...

5. sunrise red

sunrise red New Jack

in Canada you can get them.

6. nineteen eighty-four

nineteen eighty-four New Jack

do you know which ones exactly?

7. YourSistersAssCookie

YourSistersAssCookie Banned

Big Brother is watching.
    he just doesnt give a shit about graffiti.
    Not enough money involved for our beloved American government.
    just my outlook

8. midas_ups

midas_ups Junior Member

i asked about this, and they told me the best thing to do is ask the sadass trainspotters who stand at stations all day long, aparently theyre more on the ball than railworkers.

9. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Not many railroads are on a specific "schedule" everyday. Ns tries to be, but to be on "schedule" trains have to leave within a two hour window, either way, from their desired point. I work right off a line, and tracked trains for about a month, never the same times. The yards around here finish work, when they are done, no set time, its not that easy.

10. midas_ups

midas_ups Junior Member

ye, thats true, alot of the trains in areas with express trains run around their timetables, fitting in between them. thats why you always see them waiting for the lines to change when express trains speed thru.

11. BENCHER

BENCHER Member

YEA, I HAVE UP-TO-DATE "TIMETABLES" FOR 2 LOCAL YARDS IN MY HOOD, AND THE TIME THAT STUFF ACTUALLY RIDES OUT/IN ARE NEVER THE SAME TIMES. I TRY TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY USUALLY DIFFER FROM THE TABLES, BUT IT'S ALWAYS DIFFERENT WEEK TO WEEK SO THEY HONESTLY DON'T REALLY HELP LOL.

JUST GOTTA KNOW WHICH DAYS DURING THE WEEK THAT SHIT RIDES THE MOST, THEN JUST WAIT IT OUT....

12. DrakeFive

DrakeFive New Jack

Most big yards have at least one tall, tower like structure. Just walk up to the tall building, someone will come out to help you shortly.

13. 83.

83. Member

haha. just be sure you tell them youre waiting to hop a train. theyll cook you a 2 inch steak while you wait.

14. trainfinder22

trainfinder22 New Jack

15. ~>MooseKnuckle<~

~>MooseKnuckle<~ Member

dont know that there is any such thing as an 'accurate' timetable for freights. just go to the tracks and wait. thats your best bet. and make sure you are at least 10 feet outside the track grade. inside 10 feet is rr property and considered tresspassing - a serious charge these days - trust me on that one.