railfan pictures

nelACKson

bottles4.jpg

above is an image showing bottles of water supplied by railroad companies to their workers. i have been studying the different types of bottles for a few years now. this is a very exciting time because in the last year, the style of the bottles have changed drastically (as shown in the above image).

bottles3.jpg

today, my friend and i found a surplus of railroad water bottles of all kinds inside an old caboose. needless to say, we were VERY excited!

bottle1.jpg

BOTTLES5.jpg

bottle2.jpg

these are all for sale. hit me up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by someotherkid@Jan 29 2005, 06:44 AM

i cant believe this? the next level of nerds has arived.

next its going to be.. "yo i found a handful of grain from a busted hopper, or check out this piece of scrap metal i found in a gondola, ultra rare from 97, dude..

give me a break

whats your problem dude?! its not just about graff anymore!! have some respect

laugh all you want....

homeboy obviously is deeply interested in railroad culture and is smart enough to recognize history(what you might think is junk)on the tracks, in a caboose, old engine, etc. and turn around and flip it on ebay... thats not stupid, thats smart....

takes notes on this thread you might learn a thing or two..

nice work nel.

one mans junk...

i always dreamed that i'd just walk the tracks over by the local crew change spot...pick up all the old empties (there's hundreds) and dump em all infront of thier front door back at the office. while i do smoke a lot of herbs i'm not that big of a hippy though

Yes!!! Fantastic finds my friend. I've been a railroad water bottle

enthusiast for quite some time now. I of course don't drink the

water I just display it randomly in a nice retro refrigerated glass case. You'll be excited to know that I even have a few paper labels in my collection and am working on some exciting leads of possible gallon size containers. I also enjoy taking photos and especially video footage of my collection to show other heads what time it is. Keep up

the good work and don't ever let anyone tell you it's an incredible

waste of time.

on the west coast ive been seeing the taller water bottles since 97 at least, found packs of em on old cabooses too. i used to love finding em in the yard, little treats and a whole lot nicer to your body than the free toilet paper that always has some funny saying on it like "do not hump" or "home shop for repairs", and watch out for the staples. ouch!

this shit is lame!! wheres the flares? or those big ass wrenches that are red??? fuck water .. those things taste like plastic....the workers in my yards just throw em on the ground every where...and u guys sell em on ebay!?!?! what the fuck are the people who are buying them thinking...this is buy far the dumbest shit since pokemon....pssshhhhhhh!!!!!!

QUOTE (someotherkid - Jan 29 2005, 06:44 AM)

i cant believe this? the next level of nerds has arived.

next its going to be.. "yo i found a handful of grain from a busted hopper, or check out this piece of scrap metal i found in a gondola, ultra rare from 97, dude..

give me a break

haha....for that, you are awarded points.

i mean really.....water bottles?