R.I.P Elliott Smith...

The Dude

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

obituary written bye a fan, copied from http://www.sweetadeline.net/

Steven Paul (Elliott) Smith. August 6, 1969 – October 21, 2003. Elliott Smith was born on August 6, 1969 in Omaha, Nebraska. Elliott spent his childhood near Dallas, Texas where he began his musical training at the age of nine, winning a local award for original composition at the age of ten.

Elliott relocated to Portland, Oregon as a Sophomore at Lincoln High School where he was achieved the rank of National Merit Scholar. During his time at Lincoln High School, Elliott joined the band “Stranger Than Fiction” in which he composed music and performed until his graduation in 1987.

Elliott later attended Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts, where he majored in Philosophy and Political Science. During his time at Hampshire, Elliott, known then as Elliott Stillwater Rotter, co-founded the band “A Murder of Crows”. He later became a member of well know band “Heatmiser”. It was during this time that Elliott began to release music as a solo artist.

During his lifetime, Elliott released five full-length albums as a solo artist as well as a number of singles. Elliott was nominated for an Academy Award for “Miss Misery”, his musical contribution to the Academy Award winning movie, “Good Will Hunting”.

At the time of his death, Elliott was recording his sixth album, “From A Basement on the Hill”.

Elliott is survived by a host of family, friends and fans.

taken from:http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2003/200...liottsmith.html

Elliott Smith Dead At 34

American singer songwriter has died at the age of 34 of an apparent suicide.

The singer whose style is described as folk punk was once an Academy Award nominee for his song 'Miss Misery' from Good Will Hunting. The movie starred Robin Williams, Ben Afleck and Matt Damon.

Smith has recorded five album and was in the process of completing this sixth which was to be titled 'From A Basement On A Hill'.

Elliott Smith was born August 6, 1969 in Ohamha, Nebraska.

i was listening to xo this morning in class. I was painting a picture of a straight razor. this is too fucked up. elliott smith was such an incredible song writer. shit blows.

rip.

elliot smith was and will always be an all time favorite of mine. this should not be a guilty pleasure to anybody. he was an amazing musician and we will be missing out on a lot of what coulda been. fuck..."either/or" is what ill be listening toi for a while. RIP

http://members.shaw.ca/furnace404/smith.jpg'>

Drink up baby, stay up all night

With the things you could do, you won't but you might

The potential you'll be that you'll never see

The promises you'll only make

Drink up with me now and forget all about the pressure of days

Do what I say and I'll make you okay and drive them away

The images stuck in your head

People you've been before that you don't want around any more

That push and shove and won't bend to your will

I'll keep them still

RIP.