R.I.P DZES ONE

msolif

To all those who knew dzes you all should know that he was one of the most talented writers of UBK... Growing up in Seattle, WA (or kent) together along with a few others we would rock the walls all over the city, leaving not one spot un painted. He was one of my good friends and my best bombn buddy. There will never be one like him and if u have any of his flicks that u just so happend to lying around feel free to post them. It would be well appreciated from me and all the people that knew him.. And if anyone has any good stories plz post them!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Stayed up along the freeways and under them too. friend to some of mine but never got the chance to meet him. Definatley one of the most level-headed people of his homies. even when some people from our crews had funk he would ride through the same spots and do his thing like nobody else's shit was there...integrity.

Respect due to DZES... however it happened it was not fair. 206 writers let that shit ride; all spots period.

...the pretzel...

• 2 months later...

He sounds like a great guy, and his art is amazing man. Props to the Dead Dzes, and hopes that he's taggin the pearly gates while peeps aren't looking.

If anyone read the post before the edit, I'm sorry, I didn't see the new sticky since I was on here last.

I first met DZES at eastlake wall. I was there just checkin up on the new shit recently put up. He was doing the same. I was on one end and he on the other end. We both casually walked to the middle while scopein the wall and met in the middle. He introduced himself and we started talking. On the ground just in front of us, there was a small black book. We both looked at each other like "what the.." and then looked back at the book. He bent down and picked it up and we started to flip through pages. It turned out to be KRUKS' blackbook that he must have left behind. This was well before KRUKS was all-city. I'm not sure what ever happened to that book, but we agreed to meet up again that saturday night at eastlake wall and do some painting. That was my first experience with DZES. I ran into him once in awhile and blazed up with him and even painted with him again in Kent on some trains also after that.

Dude was a real credit, not just to Seattle's graff scene, but to the graffiti culture as a whole. And not just cause he was mad talented, but because he was genuinely a good person. I've never met anyone with anything bad to say about him. I generally try to stay on the downlow here in Seattle so i haven't met a ton of writers, but out of everyone i have met, he was definately the coolest kat out there. When my time is up on this earth, i definately plan on seeing him in the afterlife and blazeing up a holy blunt with him.

Rest in Peace DZES. You are a true class act.

- OBI1

dzes2.jpg

dzes9.jpg

tag-dzes-1.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

3695758835_105a7d47cf_b.jpg

4747649151_16c66e786f_b.jpg

6429874127_e1f935118c_b.jpg

4774705199_ddc648a184_b.jpg

I remember when i moved to seattle i would take the bus to school and the first thing i noticed was all the dzes scribes and tags. I went into a jack in the crack in renton and found a dzes scribe right on the register lol. I really wanted to meet this guy you can tell he was interesting. Much later i found a rest in peace Dzes page on myspace. That really bumbed me out because i knew this guy was the shit by how up he was with all the handies an scribes everywhere i went. Much respect to Dzes and those who knew him