QUICKSAND appreciation thread

seeking

i wish i was like iquit and could tell an awesome story about fucking some girl in the butt then forgetting about it, or punching someone and starting the most formitable e-gang that the interwebs have ever seen, but i'm just not that whitty...not anymore anyway. when i used to drink alot i think i could be pretty entertaining, now a days though, i've given up the entertainment industry for the 'appreciation of quicksand' industry. the pay sucks, but the music is fucking awesome.

if you somehow don't know...which is unfortunately possible since many of you are pretty young, you need to learn. one of the best indy/punk/rock/hardcore bands ever. go download them.

that's all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sorry but I dont listen to indy/punk/rock/hardcore so I dont have much to say.

now if we were talking about the 15 unreleased Ritchie Hawtin tracks I snagged yesterday.......

that wasnt just any simpsons gif.... that was the infamous 'football in groin'

and the new hawtin stuff is interesting.

The Hawtin tracks are minimal techno with insanely syncopated ticks.

It's was better than his last effort (the one with him singing) and

it sounds like the raw elements he used for DE9.

I'm loading it into traktor and mixxing like a pro tonight!

Originally posted by Glik0@Feb 17 2005, 01:56 PM

dude, quicksand is the typical post-hardcore craaaap.

You were dead on with Pelican, other than that man... ooof you've been off.

to be honest, I've never really listened to Quicksand. But from knowing their reputation, this doesn't seem to accurate. They seem to have been a really influential band...and certainly not post-hardcore. but, I don't really know my shit. So, whatev...

seeks - in the rest of the world's defense, your taste in music is generally balls. yeah, occasionally you stumble upon good shit (trail of dead, pelican, bear vs. shark) but it's hard to take advice from someone that spouts the glory of lil wayne, natalie imbruglia, t.i., evergreen terrace, and the nuge.

respect on the quicksand appreciation, though.

Originally posted by low spark@Feb 17 2005, 03:38 PM

but it's hard to take advice from someone that spouts the glory of natalie imbruglia.....

please believe I havent even heard her 'music' and I'm a big fan.

hey now, i've never once said that natalie imbruglia or TI were good. the TI song is funny cause he says 'wild as the taliban', outside of that, i have no interest in him.

lil wayne, you can't speak on because you've never given him a proper listen. i maintain that dude is nice.

i know i listen to a lot of shit that people dont particularly care for, but fuck them, they can't tell me what to like, they're not my mother. i'm punk rock, i can listen to anything i want! plus, i like enough music that is unarguably good to prove (atleast in my own mind) that the 'shitty' bands i do like have some redeamable qualities that most people don't bother to seek out. also, i rarely try to pass off a marginally talented band (kittie for instance) as being good, i just say i like them. wayne again is the exception, and wayne spits fire like an angry dragon, so you're probably just denying him cause you don't wanna get burnt.

besides, before you go trying to clown me, let's not forget who agreed that the new fabolus song was dope. if you can find something interesting in that, you have to concede that there is a chance that other 'shitty' music could be equally catchy.

as for pelican and bear vs shark, who you should quit fronting on and go see with me tonight, you put me on, so thanks for patting yourself on the back.

;)

gliks,

as cipher pointed out, quicksand is one of the bands that influenced a decade of music. they are anything but 'post hardcore craaaaap'. the fact that a guy named 'zblazzzed' agrees with you only further weakens your case.

I always get Quicksand and Snapcase confused.

Not because they sound alike, but because I've seen them both play probably a dozen times.

Not because I was going to a show to see them, but because they were always the opening act at shows I went to.

seeks - all i'm saying is you aren't allowed to act surprised when no one takes your music appreciation threads seriously. you could be singing the praises of any valid band and the only thing people are going to remember is "this is that asshole that likes lil wayne? obviously the bar is set a little low for this dude, so i have no interest in what he has to say about _______."

just sayin'. i don't have time to go tonight, but i think graw is trying to fit it in. call him.

it's too bad his last name really isn't grohl, then we could do 'heads will grohl' posters. i'll give him acall.

and i'm not at all surprised when people don't feel me on most of my recomendations, but quicksand?! quicksand is fucking awesome.

i called you an hour ago and you didnt answer. that's fucked up.