quick question about warrants

fuck muni

i got tickets for minor in possession of alcohol 6 hours from where i live, and in a different county (santa barbara). if i were to skip court would the warrant only apply to santa barbara county? or if i was stopped where i live would the cop know that i have warrants in santa barbara.

was the deal...some info please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fuck muni@Nov 7 2005, 01:20 AM

i got tickets for minor in possession of alcohol 6 hours from where i live, and in a different county (santa barbara). if i were to skip court would the warrant only apply to santa barbara county? or if i was stopped where i live would the cop know that i have warrants in santa barbara.

was the deal...some info please

john birch's legal advice hour:

warrants follow you anywhere nationally. But for something like that you won't get arrested for it unless you get arrested for something else too. But eventually you have to clear it up. Get over it...

That's bullshit. For something as minor as FTA (failure to appear) for anything minor like that it'll only show up in the same county. Also I'm assuming you're fine was only a summary offence. I wouldn't worry about it unless you find yourself in the same county.

You will have a warrant issued for your arrest. Consequently, anytime you get pulled over anywjhere in this country they will have a nice pop-up saying that you are to be immeduiately taken to jail.

At Santa Barbaras request you will be extradited for court. Given the severity they will probably not come, but you can be held till further notice..

Best of luck to you!!

they have a NCIC system which is a national database warrant check system. That basically means if you get stopped and the cop wants to take you to jail, then he has a reason to hold you for as long as he keeps telling you that santa barbara is going to come pick you up, which means , however long he likes, so, Eventually, YES, you will need to clear it up, Jack

Guest diggity

maybe if it were another state, but with it being the same state and so close to where you live, man up and handle your business. dont play if you cant handle loosing everyonce in a while. its way better to take care of that shit now than have it lurking over your head for the next few years. tell your parents, get a law dude and they will probably get you off pretty easy.

i got busted for a beer run on a college campus. my dumb ass was already drunk and stupid, we ran up on a 7-11, selected our case and bolted. im guessing that the campus security followed us via security cameras, because they knocked on the door and took us away.

i went to court and got a fine, but then i moved and never paid it. its on my credit report now as an amount owed to the county.

moral of the story***dont do a beer run on a college campus.

Odds are that it would be a surrounding county only warrant. That's what an FTA around here is. When you get pulled over it's just a huge hassle. NCIC would show up as a surrounding county warrant but every time you get your plates ran, expect to be hassled. Pay the $125 bucks and look into AA.

that's not true that warrants follow you everywhere

why?

because i have been arrested with people who had warrants and the warrants were never brought up in the system. really.

but, sometimes, they do come up

plus you are in california, and probably it would be a bad idea to just pile on the charges iin a state like that, where five years from now your life is on the line form a failure to appear.

i'd take care of it

shit like that will bite you in the ass.

selfpromo:

diggity has been crew for a long ass time.