Questions about Prismas.

8onus

i recently got a set of prismas, i have always used color pencils cause i fuck up a lot, or usually decide to change someting. i've been working with em, experimenting, but i am stumped on a few things.

1.is there a certain marker i can get to lighten a dark surface so that i can draw on top of it with a lighter color? (ie. adding lightning bolts to an alreday dark blue backound)

2. are these things supposed to bleed this much into the paper? or is just that they are new markers?

3.(kinda like question1) will a white prisma(didn't come with my set) go on top of a darker surface for shading etc., or do i just have to work with the negitive space on a white sheet of paper? if so...what other light colers go over darkerones well.

if anyone can help me out i would greatly apprecciated it, i have been slaving away with these things and can seem to get my sketches to look like i want them to.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by 8onus

2. are these things supposed to bleed this much into the paper? or is just that they are new markers?

3.(kinda like question1) will a white prisma(didn't come with my set) go on top of a darker surface for shading etc., or do i just have to work with the negitive space on a white sheet of paper? if so...what other light colers go over darkerones well.

2. they are gonna do that forever....prisma's are strong markers...

3. i do believe that marker is used for blending colors together.....dont quoteme on that though....

thats all i know....sorry if it didnt help.....

i have never seen a white prisma. there is a clear blender but that is designed to further blend color pencils and is worthless for use with markers.

prismas bleed so much because the bleeding action will help the colors to blend.

outside of that, you should probably just sit down and get aquainted with your marker set. prismas can be difficult in the beginning but once you get familiar with their blending capabilities you can do some nice black book work with them.

with prisma's its best to work light to dark. that way you can layer things over top of the light colors. Also don't be afraid to use other things with them such as your colored pencils for shading, gel pens, paint markers, white out pens, sharpies, etc.

Also when layering a light color over a dark one you might change the color of the marker you were wanting to go on top of the darker color but somtimes you will come out with something hotter than what you already had.

thasnks for the tips, things are comin along smoothly. my only beef with the prismas are the fucking price. i live my life by a moral standard and all...but when the price for a marker is higher than a can of paint...i almost feel like i should steal those mother fucers.

• 4 weeks later...

prismas are so easy to rack. and if you live by " a moral standard" think about this : how many markers are you gonna steal at one time? your not gonna run out with everysingle marker in the store, your gonna take like 15 or 20. that would cost you like $45. now think about how much that store makes off of sales tax every day. your little $45 escapade costs them nothing! so go ahead, steal a few prismas, it wont make a dent in their profits so dont feel bad about doing it.

and that clear blender marker only works on color pencils??

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby

prismas are so easy to rack. and if you live by " a moral standard" think about this : how many markers are you gonna steal at one time? your not gonna run out with everysingle marker in the store, your gonna take like 15 or 20. that would cost you like $45. now think about how much that store makes off of sales tax every day. your little $45 escapade costs them nothing! so go ahead, steal a few prismas, it wont make a dent in their profits so dont feel bad about doing it.

and that clear blender marker only works on color pencils??

Why would I even attempt to do what you just said?

Archived