1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Questions about Prismas.

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by 8onus, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8onus

8onus Banned

Questions about Prismas.

Discussion started by 8onus - Apr 22, 2004

i recently got a set of prismas, i have always used color pencils cause i fuck up a lot, or usually decide to change someting. i've been working with em, experimenting, but i am stumped on a few things.

1.is there a certain marker i can get to lighten a dark surface so that i can draw on top of it with a lighter color? (ie. adding lightning bolts to an alreday dark blue backound)

2. are these things supposed to bleed this much into the paper? or is just that they are new markers?

3.(kinda like question1) will a white prisma(didn't come with my set) go on top of a darker surface for shading etc., or do i just have to work with the negitive space on a white sheet of paper? if so...what other light colers go over darkerones well.

if anyone can help me out i would greatly apprecciated it, i have been slaving away with these things and can seem to get my sketches to look like i want them to.

8onus - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  2. 8onus

8onus Banned

8onus - Replied Apr 22, 2004

oh yeah, my bad.
    one more question, how well(and how permanate) are these things on fabric. a freind wants me to do some shit on a few things like a hat or some shit and i dont want to ruin it.

3. InDY_500

InDY_500 12oz Veteran Member

InDY_500 - Replied Apr 22, 2004

2. they are gonna do that forever....prisma's are strong markers...

3. i do believe that marker is used for blending colors together.....dont quoteme on that though....

thats all i know....sorry if it didnt help.....

InDY_500 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. rinse

rinse 12oz Member

rinse - Replied Apr 22, 2004

i have never seen a white prisma. there is a clear blender but that is designed to further blend color pencils and is worthless for use with markers.
    prismas bleed so much because the bleeding action will help the colors to blend.

outside of that, you should probably just sit down and get aquainted with your marker set. prismas can be difficult in the beginning but once you get familiar with their blending capabilities you can do some nice black book work with them.

rinse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Apr 22, 2004

with prisma's its best to work light to dark. that way you can layer things over top of the light colors. Also don't be afraid to use other things with them such as your colored pencils for shading, gel pens, paint markers, white out pens, sharpies, etc.

Also when layering a light color over a dark one you might change the color of the marker you were wanting to go on top of the darker color but somtimes you will come out with something hotter than what you already had.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. 8onus

8onus Banned

8onus - Replied Apr 22, 2004

thasnks for the tips, things are comin along smoothly. my only beef with the prismas are the fucking price. i live my life by a moral standard and all...but when the price for a marker is higher than a can of paint...i almost feel like i should steal those mother fucers.

7. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Apr 22, 2004

Fuck prismas, on stickers they fade really bad.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. chumbawumba

chumbawumba 12oz Senior Member

chumbawumba - Replied Apr 22, 2004

Well there is only one solution to that! Get different markers, and if you haven't noticed the disscussion is about using them for blackbooks.

chumbawumba - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. rinse

rinse 12oz Member

rinse - Replied Apr 22, 2004

dont use prismas on fabric.

rinse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. yeaaaah baby

yeaaaah baby 12oz Elite Member

yeaaaah baby - Replied May 17, 2004

prismas are so easy to rack. and if you live by " a moral standard" think about this : how many markers are you gonna steal at one time? your not gonna run out with everysingle marker in the store, your gonna take like 15 or 20. that would cost you like $45. now think about how much that store makes off of sales tax every day. your little $45 escapade costs them nothing! so go ahead, steal a few prismas, it wont make a dent in their profits so dont feel bad about doing it.

and that clear blender marker only works on color pencils??

yeaaaah baby - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. GnomeToys

GnomeToys 12oz Elite Member

GnomeToys - Replied May 17, 2004

Sales tax gets paid to the government by the store, dipshit.

GnomeToys - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. Sekoe1

Sekoe1 12oz Junior Member

Sekoe1 - Replied May 17, 2004

Why would I even attempt to do what you just said?

Sekoe1 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.