question regarding "friends with benefits"

Mr. Mang

here's the deal :

- there is a girl i am friends with (not the hotornot.com girl).

- i am friends with this girl but we have also been freaking it on the side.

- neither of us are seeing anyone but it was kind of understood that while we did freak it we werent gonna see other people.

- a few days ago i met a girl i want to have a relationship with.

question: is there any easy way to break off the attachment i had with my 'fuck friend"? it was always understood we were just friends i guess, but i dont want to hurt her feelings or whatever cause she is a good friend. but i have no desire to be in a relationship with her whatesoever.

i made a big mistake and i'm paying for it now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

daaaaaaaaaaanng...... girl trouble.... hm... just tell her man.. hey, we were humpin.. now i can't because i'm REALLY folding this other girl in half and stuffing her into the couch cushions... it's awesome.... oh, and we're trying to do this often.. as a couple.. so uhh... i can't feed you my penis anymore.... sorry...

Originally posted by cornelius

daaaaaaaaaaanng...... girl trouble.... hm... just tell her man.. hey, we were humpin.. now i can't because i'm REALLY folding this other girl in half and stuffing her into the couch cushions... it's awesome.... oh, and we're trying to do this often.. as a couple.. so uhh... i can't feed you my penis anymore.... sorry...

^^^ that should be said word for word mang...

and in the mean time, don't sweat it, and just be glad you've been getting laid...

You see the problem is that no matter what, theres always going to be one of the two people in this "friends with benefits" relationship who has some kinda of feelings more than just sex. And secondly if a girl tells you she just wants to be friends with benefits thats just her way of telling you thats shes a slut.

But I'd still hit.:o

im kinda in the same situation, except there is no "other girl" and i feel no need/dont want to cut off this girl ive been hangin with...i guess you could say its a "friends with benefits" thing, but i think theres a little more involved than that (meaning i have more feelings than just bein with her for the sex, and i have a good feeling she feels the same way) i think we both just dont feel like attaching the whole "relationship" label on it....somethin like that.

if anything, just be upfront about it cuz...even if she gets pissed or is not happy to hear the news its better than not being upfront about it. it just makes the whole thing pass much quicker and lighter than it would otherwise...now i just gotta start practicin what i preach:o

dude, this is way too soon to break things off with the fuck buddy. It looks like you have feelings for a girl you just met over the internet who was brazen (possibly psycho) enough to come over to your house without really knowing you. This may not be a bad thing, but odds are you are projecting an ideal image of what you want in a girlfriend on the hotornot chick. Trust me, this may be a valuable learning experience for you where you will find that your feelings for this new girl will fade fast because they aren't genuine. Accept the fact that you may be going though a "Hopeless Romantic" phase, and turn it off and shift into Player mode. Juggle both chicks if need be. Believe me, girls dont get their feelings hurt as easily as they let on. The new girl should respect this move if your relationship with her evolves into anything serious. Give it a couple of months and then re-evaluate your situation before making any rash decisions. I'm not saying be shady about it or anything, infact you might want to tell co-dependentornot that you have other female friends that you dont nescissarily want to cut off until you are sure you are in a serious monogamous relationship with someone. If she cant see the logic behind this, dump her quick - too much baggage.

Dont let my advice fuck with your hormone high right now, but its always a good idea to keep your wits about you. Shit dude you can have the best of both worlds until you know exactly what you want.

thanks for the advice (especially directly above from SHUTMDOWN). yeah i like the hotornot.com girl a lot, but i'm not going to drop everything for a chance.

i've been kinda trying to get rid of the 'friends with benefits" situation for a while antyway. now seems the best time. i dont want the 'friend' like that anymore. and she is catching feelings . .

aw shit dude, not a problem, and really I dont know what I'm talking about, I just like running my mouth like I do. When I have a supermodel girlfriend with a genius IQ that really digs me, then I'll be able to give out some worthy advice. And now that I see what you are saying I guess this is as good of an excuse as any to ditch the needy friend, but obviously you already knew that.

btw- that was a cool ass idea for the hotornot flick, and it looks like it might pay off bigtime for you- she IS hot.

Originally posted by ..oX..

i would really suggest you dont. my experience with emailing girls anything about relationships, sex, etc. is it makes them think you're too much of a pussy to talk to them face to face about it (which is usually true).

if you have to "cut it off" with your friend, it sounds to me like you're more than 'friends with benefits.' the point of friends with benefits is you can fuck around, no strings attached, i.e. do whatever and not have to worry about "breaking it off" or any emotional shit that normally goes with relationships.

i told her straight up and she knew that it was just a freinds thing. i told her i didn't want a relationship. at the same time, however, i knew she liked me more than i liked her. so i should have done this a while ago.

i can't be with my 'friend with benefits'. we're good friends just because we're nice to each other and we're kind of opposites. the last thing i want is a relationship with her. we havent freaked it or hung out in a week or more. the less i hang out with her the more i realize the last thing i want is a relationship with her.

again, i truly appreciate the advice you guys have given.

Here's what you do/say...

"Hey, guess what??!! I met this girl and I think I really like her, which means you and I can't sleep together anymore. It's been great, but I wanna see where this might go."

Be up front, don't be an ass like some guys and just ignore her, not call her, avoid her, or any other shitty thing like that.

Originally posted by SukiSukiNow

Here's what you do/say...

"Hey, guess what??!! I met this girl and I think I really like her, which means you and I can't sleep together anymore. It's been great, but I wanna see where this might go."

Be up front, don't be an ass like some guys and just ignore her, not call her, avoid her, or any other shitty thing like that.

thanks. that's a pretty straightforward way to do it. i like that.

Archived