1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Question..Raise your hand if you got dreads?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Kritik, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Kritik

Kritik Guest

Question..Raise your hand if you got dreads?

Discussion started by Kritik - Nov 19, 2002

I have a good friend who has dreads, listens to Reggae and has all these rasta books. And he's white.

Correct me if I'm wrong arent Rastafarian beliefs based around rejection of the white man.

Why would a white person be all down for Rasta if it's supposed to be anti-white?
    Can any one enlighten me on the subject?

2. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Nov 19, 2002

01oner

3. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

ctrl+alt+del - Replied Nov 19, 2002

WHERES SEEKING??

4. OrangeDot

OrangeDot New Jack

OrangeDot - Replied Nov 19, 2002

how does a hairstyle represent an entire group of people and their beliefs?

OrangeDot - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. NAYM IS DEAD

NAYM IS DEAD 12oz Junior Member

NAYM IS DEAD - Replied Nov 19, 2002

REGGEA HAIRSTYLE
    ROCK AND ROLL

NAYM IS DEAD - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  6. OrangeDot

OrangeDot New Jack

OrangeDot - Replied Nov 19, 2002

his are just rediculous.

thumbs down.

OrangeDot - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Nov 19, 2002

dreadlocks get the girls OPEN!

[​IMG]

8. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK 12oz Senior Member

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Replied Nov 19, 2002

grandma?

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. rip

rip 12oz Elite Member

rip - Replied Nov 19, 2002

1 pwn j00 4nd j0u|2 d|234d5

rip - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Nov 19, 2002

Oooh ooh!!! :raises hand:

Not me!! I don't.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. optimodub

optimodub 12oz Junior Member

optimodub - Replied Nov 19, 2002

'Dreadlocks were worn in parts of Africa and Asia for spiritual reasons long before the Rastafarian's in the Carribbean starting wearing them. The Phaoroahs are believed to have worn locks, but we have no conclusive evidence to prove it. We do have evidence that King Tut had dreadlocks, and they are still intact to this day. But the first writing we have about dreadlocks is in the Veda scriptures of India, the earliest piece is dated to 1800 BC. We do have some evidence that the Celts wore dreadlocks. One of the examples is from Caesar, he described the Celts as having "hair like snakes".

Next come news of past Germanic tribes wearing locks, the Greeks, people of the land called Nazareth such as Samson, Pacific peoples, Naga Indians (known also as Serpent People).

Today in India, dreadlocks are spotted among Sadhus (holy men). Dreadlocks are also worn by and in Ethiopia, Bahatowie priests of the Amhara nation believed to be of the Coptic faith, Senegal, Baye Fal, believed to be a sect of Islam, Mouridism, also a sect of Islam, Sudan, several small sects of Islam Kenya, Akorino of the Kikuyu nation, Oromo Beja or a sect called "the church of the living god", Ghana, the Bono of Techiman, the Fitish priests, the Somali, the Galla, the Maasai, the Mau Mau, the Tanzania, the Aborigines, and the New Guineans.'

"We do have some evidence that the Celts wore dreadlocks."

that's me sorted for a tenuous justification then :king:

optimodub - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  12. FlamingHobo

FlamingHobo Guest

FlamingHobo - Replied Nov 19, 2002

^^^ that;s good information right there...i like the way dreadlocks look..but wouldn't get them because people are hella stereotypical...and if i were to be getting them it wouldn't be for rasta reasons....i guess if i ever do grow dreads ill just say im celtic haha

13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Nov 19, 2002

My brother has dreadlocks. I think it's just because he's dirty, though.....

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Nov 19, 2002

yeah.....dreadlocks......the "new" thing for high-school students this year......I've seen these morons go and get hair extensions just to rock dreads.....that ladies and gentlemen....is weaksauce......then again in the skateboarding world you have people like Matt Pailes and Matt Rodriguez who have grown extensive locks and used to rock the hat sideways........so whatever.

15. toyeattoywar

toyeattoywar 12oz Member

toyeattoywar - Replied Nov 19, 2002

skin tones dont matter when it comes to the i and i

toyeattoywar - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: