question for the channel zero heads...

HOVIE

this may be a stupid question but fuck it...ive noticed that a lot of people in channel zero barley post any pics of graf, or post much in graf related threads...not everyone..ive noticed people like 2blazzed posting in the new york thread, jackson and can of worms in a lot of london related threads...theres probably more but these are just a few i have noticed... so i was wondering..do a lot of you just come on 12oz to talk about random crap in channel zero??..it seems weird to me..i dont post many pics (exept for some of my sketches in paper chase every now and again) but i allways check threads like 'on my travels', 'uk commuter trains', 'london underground thread' just to name a few...anyway im gonan stop talking crap now

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by PalestineOne

hey what the fuck JAckson! I didnt even post yet!

anyway, I have a digital camera, but its for work and not play. but allot of people dont have digis. allot of people dont flick graff either , even if its their own.

two posts in a row? you are a hero. Fuck off.

Hovie, i post in threads all the time with pics and what not, but i think you knew that

Originally posted by onesecondple

two posts in a row? you are a hero. Fuck off.

Hovie, i post in threads all the time with pics and what not, but i think you knew that

yer i know there is more people than who i listed..i know you post flicks.. but theres people who i see who ONLY post in channel zero which i think is pretty stupid when this is called "the WRITERS forum"...i wont mention names but people know who they are....

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

What do you really care? The way I see it is that alot of us have the same viewpoints and the same fucked up sense of humor, so we come here. About 99% of us have been involved with graff at one point of our lifes and that is what brought us here.

i suppose.....

Listen Here

What you fail to realize that is that channel Zero is Like a microcasm of the world , So we as a group come here to share stories of the outside while concurrently bypassing the strife of the real world ...

Its kind of like this...

While giving someone a definition of the fourth dimension is relatively easy, giving someone an intuitive understanding of the fourth dimension can be quite difficult. A definition of the fourth dimension could go like this: The fourth dimension is all space that one can get to by travelling in a direction perpendicular to three-dimensional space. Whenever an uninitiated person hears this, they start pointing their finger around in the air, trying to figure out how it's possible for such a direction to exist. Such a short explanation gives them no intuitive feeling of the fourth dimension.

In order to give you a better understanding the fourth dimension, I will begin with a method that follows a sequence of n-hypercubes that starts with the zeroth dimension and progresses up to the fourth dimension. An n-hypercube is the generalization of the cube within n dimensions, with a 3-hypercube just being the traditional cube. By seeing each n-hypercube build up from the previous one, you should have a better understanding of the final step, from the third dimension to the fourth dimension.

Step 1 - Zeroth Dimension. Imagine a point in space. It is a 0-hypercube. A point is zero dimensional because it has no width, length, or height, and is infinitely small. Every point is exactly the same and has the same measurements, because it has no dimension. Below is a picture of a point, representing the zeroth dimension.

Step 2 - First Dimension. Take the zero-dimensional point and extrude it in any direction, creating a line segment, which is a 1-hypercube. All line segments are one-dimensional because they differ in size by only one measurement, length. They all have the same width and height, which is infinitely small. If you expanded the line infinitely, it would cover one-dimensional space.

Step 3 - Second Dimension. Now take the line segment and extrude it in any direction that is perpendicular to the first direction, creating a square, which is a 2-hypercube. All squares are two dimensional because they differ with each other in size by two measurements, width and length. They all have the same height, which is infinitely small. All of the edges are the same length, and all of the angles are right angles. If you expanded the square infinitely, it would cover two-dimensional space.

Step 4 - Third Dimension. Take the non-infinite square and extrude it in a third direction, perpendicular to both of the first two directions, creating a cube, which is a 3-hypercube. All cubes are three dimensional because they differ with each other in size by all of the three measurements that we know of - width, length, and height. Just like the square, all of the edges within a single cube are the same length, and all of the angles are right angles. If you expanded the cube infinitely in all directions, it would cover three-dimensional space.

Step 5 - Fourth Dimension. Now, the final step. Take the non-infinite cube and extrude it in yet another direction perpendicular to the first three. But how can we do this? It is impossible to do within the restrictions of the third dimension (which will I refer to as realmspace in this webpage). However, within the fourth dimension (which I call tetraspace), it is possible. The shape that results from this extrusion of a cube into tetraspace is called a tesseract, which is a 4-hypercube. All tesseracts differ from other tesseracts in size by four measurements (equal to each other within a single tesseract) - width, length, height, and a fourth measurement, which I call trength. Looking back to the previous n-dimensional cubes, they all have the same trength, which is infinitely small. Just like the cube and square, all of the edges within a single tesseract are the same length, and all of the angles are right angles. If you expanded the tesseract infinitely, it would cover four-dimensional space.

There are several ways to view the tesseract, and I will show three of them here. The first one is called an inner projection, and it is formed from a projecting the tesseract into realmspace with a perspective projection. The parts of the original tesseract that are farther away appear smaller in the inner projection. The original cube cell that existed before the extrusion into a tesseract is in gray, the paths of the vertices are in teal, and the stopping point of the extruded cube cell is in blue. The real tesseract isn't shaped like the inner projection shown below - the inner projection is a very distorted "image" of the original tesseract. All of the edges you see in the image are actually the same length as each other, and all angles between edges are right angles.

The second way to view a tesseract isn't actually a normal tesseract, but a parallel projection of a skewed tesseract. To make this shape, first you make a tesseract, then shift the top cube cell a short distance in a diagonal direction, parallel to realmspace. Since this shift is parallel to realmspace, it can actually be in any direction that you can point to. After the shift, you trace the shadow of the skewed tesseract's edges. The result is a shape that has two cubes with their vertices connected together. In the orignal shape, all of the edges within the cube cells are the same length and have right angles with each other. However, they don't have right angles with the teal connection edges, and the teal connection edges are slightly longer than the cube cells' edges.

The third way to view a tesseract is a parallel projection into realmspace. It is the same as a skewed tesseract, but without the top cube cell shifted. Since the edges of the tesseract were extruded in a direction perpendicular to realmspace, when the shape is projected back into realmspace, the edges of the blue cube cell are projected straight back onto the gray cube cell's edges. The resulting projection is a simple cube. This didn't happen with the inner projection, because that projection was a perspective projection.

This last step of trying to view a tesseract shows the difficulties in portraying objects from tetraspace within the limitations of realmspace - there is an extra perpendicular direction that we can't depict within our own space without distorting the original object. Because of these problems, it takes many examples in order to begin understanding the nature of the fourth dimension.

You have now seen a glimpse of the fourth dimension. This is only the beginning - there are many more aspects of the fourth dimension to explore. In the rest of these pages, I will discuss many properties of the fourth dimension - rotation, flatness, levitation, shapes, water, and many others. By the time you are finished, you should have learned many interesting things about the fourth dimension, and maybe you will have even made some discoveries of your own.

The text will frequently refer to technical terms, which are in bold when they first appear. You can find these terms in the glossary if you need further explanation. If you can't figure out the meaning of a word and the glossary doesn't help, post a message on the fourth dimension discussion forum and I or someone else will answer your question.

Re: Listen Here

Originally posted by ASER1NE

What you fail to realize that is that channel Zero is Like a microcasm of the world , So we as a group come here to share stories of the outside while concurrently bypassing the strife of the real world ...

Its kind of like this...

While giving someone a definition of the fourth dimension is relatively easy, giving someone an intuitive understanding of the fourth dimension can be quite difficult. A definition of the fourth dimension could go like this: The fourth dimension is all space that one can get to by travelling in a direction perpendicular to three-dimensional space. Whenever an uninitiated person hears this, they start pointing their finger around in the air, trying to figure out how it's possible for such a direction to exist. Such a short explanation gives them no intuitive feeling of the fourth dimension.

In order to give you a better understanding the fourth dimension, I will begin with a method that follows a sequence of n-hypercubes that starts with the zeroth dimension and progresses up to the fourth dimension. An n-hypercube is the generalization of the cube within n dimensions, with a 3-hypercube just being the traditional cube. By seeing each n-hypercube build up from the previous one, you should have a better understanding of the final step, from the third dimension to the fourth dimension.

Step 1 - Zeroth Dimension. Imagine a point in space. It is a 0-hypercube. A point is zero dimensional because it has no width, length, or height, and is infinitely small. Every point is exactly the same and has the same measurements, because it has no dimension. Below is a picture of a point, representing the zeroth dimension.

Step 2 - First Dimension. Take the zero-dimensional point and extrude it in any direction, creating a line segment, which is a 1-hypercube. All line segments are one-dimensional because they differ in size by only one measurement, length. They all have the same width and height, which is infinitely small. If you expanded the line infinitely, it would cover one-dimensional space.

Step 3 - Second Dimension. Now take the line segment and extrude it in any direction that is perpendicular to the first direction, creating a square, which is a 2-hypercube. All squares are two dimensional because they differ with each other in size by two measurements, width and length. They all have the same height, which is infinitely small. All of the edges are the same length, and all of the angles are right angles. If you expanded the square infinitely, it would cover two-dimensional space.

Step 4 - Third Dimension. Take the non-infinite square and extrude it in a third direction, perpendicular to both of the first two directions, creating a cube, which is a 3-hypercube. All cubes are three dimensional because they differ with each other in size by all of the three measurements that we know of - width, length, and height. Just like the square, all of the edges within a single cube are the same length, and all of the angles are right angles. If you expanded the cube infinitely in all directions, it would cover three-dimensional space.

Step 5 - Fourth Dimension. Now, the final step. Take the non-infinite cube and extrude it in yet another direction perpendicular to the first three. But how can we do this? It is impossible to do within the restrictions of the third dimension (which will I refer to as realmspace in this webpage). However, within the fourth dimension (which I call tetraspace), it is possible. The shape that results from this extrusion of a cube into tetraspace is called a tesseract, which is a 4-hypercube. All tesseracts differ from other tesseracts in size by four measurements (equal to each other within a single tesseract) - width, length, height, and a fourth measurement, which I call trength. Looking back to the previous n-dimensional cubes, they all have the same trength, which is infinitely small. Just like the cube and square, all of the edges within a single tesseract are the same length, and all of the angles are right angles. If you expanded the tesseract infinitely, it would cover four-dimensional space.

There are several ways to view the tesseract, and I will show three of them here. The first one is called an inner projection, and it is formed from a projecting the tesseract into realmspace with a perspective projection. The parts of the original tesseract that are farther away appear smaller in the inner projection. The original cube cell that existed before the extrusion into a tesseract is in gray, the paths of the vertices are in teal, and the stopping point of the extruded cube cell is in blue. The real tesseract isn't shaped like the inner projection shown below - the inner projection is a very distorted "image" of the original tesseract. All of the edges you see in the image are actually the same length as each other, and all angles between edges are right angles.

The second way to view a tesseract isn't actually a normal tesseract, but a parallel projection of a skewed tesseract. To make this shape, first you make a tesseract, then shift the top cube cell a short distance in a diagonal direction, parallel to realmspace. Since this shift is parallel to realmspace, it can actually be in any direction that you can point to. After the shift, you trace the shadow of the skewed tesseract's edges. The result is a shape that has two cubes with their vertices connected together. In the orignal shape, all of the edges within the cube cells are the same length and have right angles with each other. However, they don't have right angles with the teal connection edges, and the teal connection edges are slightly longer than the cube cells' edges.

The third way to view a tesseract is a parallel projection into realmspace. It is the same as a skewed tesseract, but without the top cube cell shifted. Since the edges of the tesseract were extruded in a direction perpendicular to realmspace, when the shape is projected back into realmspace, the edges of the blue cube cell are projected straight back onto the gray cube cell's edges. The resulting projection is a simple cube. This didn't happen with the inner projection, because that projection was a perspective projection.

This last step of trying to view a tesseract shows the difficulties in portraying objects from tetraspace within the limitations of realmspace - there is an extra perpendicular direction that we can't depict within our own space without distorting the original object. Because of these problems, it takes many examples in order to begin understanding the nature of the fourth dimension.

You have now seen a glimpse of the fourth dimension. This is only the beginning - there are many more aspects of the fourth dimension to explore. In the rest of these pages, I will discuss many properties of the fourth dimension - rotation, flatness, levitation, shapes, water, and many others. By the time you are finished, you should have learned many interesting things about the fourth dimension, and maybe you will have even made some discoveries of your own.

The text will frequently refer to technical terms, which are in bold when they first appear. You can find these terms in the glossary if you need further explanation. If you can't figure out the meaning of a word and the glossary doesn't help, post a message on the fourth dimension discussion forum and I or someone else will answer your question.

ooooohhhh!!!..i get it now...

I think your question implies, "You post in channel zero but you never talk about graffiti. Are you actually a graffiti writer?"

I talk about my personal life on here which is something I don't like to mix with me being a writer. Me on channel zero is just good ol' me.

Here's a secret... I have another username that I use for Metal Heads and Brick Slayers. I don't use it as often cause I don't like to sound like those bitchy New York toys that whine about everyone in the NYC thread.

And yes I am an actual writer. I probably paint more than you.

:P

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

I think your question implies, "You post in channel zero but you never talk about graffiti. Are you actually a graffiti writer?"

I talk about my personal life on here which is something I don't like to mix with me being a writer. Me on channel zero is just good ol' me.

Here's a secret... I have another username that I use for Metal Heads and Brick Slayers. I don't use it as often cause I don't like to sound like those bitchy New York toys that whine about everyone in the NYC thread.

And yes I am an actual writer. I probably paint more than you.

:P

thats the type of answer i was looking for...and i can guarantee you paint more than me

I think the majority of people on 12 oz. are writers, but don't want to talk about graff. Or like fuck ya'll have seperate screen names for the other forums. From what I gather in my head is that everyone has, does, or knows people who do write.

Originally posted by HOVIE

and i can guarantee you paint more than me

so you just screwed yourself..

You dont paint yet you come to this site.. and cahnnel zero for that matter.. Tell us why you come here.

props to aser for bringing some geekism to this thread.

I check metal heads on a regular basis along with the canvas and battle threads in paper chase. On an occaision I will go tot he yard and third rail and brick slayers, yadda yadda. I just don't really post alot. I look at the flicks and all that shit but I just don't post or really make my presence known in the other threads.

Yeah, I don't have a camera anymore. I look at metal heads every now and then, but that's about it. And even when I go there, I'll look at the names of the thread posters so I know which threads to look at. There's certain folk that always come through with the quality. Other than that, I just come to channel zero because it's a great online community. There's no where else on the net that you can get this many people with similar interests together. I'd go as far as to say that 12oz is THE graffiti forum.

Graffiti has gotten really boring to me.

So basically, I make my normally rounds in the other sections, look at some flicks, have some laughs about things. See who's doing what.

Come into channel zero, waste my time.

I dont feel like commenting on the throws or pieces that ive been seeing for years upon years.

If theres something worth contributing to or commenting on, (ie the Raels or Swet threads in Brick Slayers) I do. If not, I come in here where things arent as boring as the graffiti world.

there just isn't much to say in the pic threads (sadly)... unless someone does something outstanding... i don't see the point of saying who has a good peice.

and as fart as pic posting, i'm too lazy about finding a host and all that crap.. maybe some day i'll play ketchup or something

ch 0 is like any place... some kids paint a lot... some don't... some "used to"... some just wanna be down w/ graff... and some just have poor social skills and make friends online... some think it's cool.

whatever.. i have abuncha people on my ignore list... i'm just glad people aren't bringing their girlfriends on anymore.

and yes, i paint regularly

also, it seems like more and more threads are self promo... so i don't even look at them kids flicks (the losers and a buncha them nsf kids some to mind)

Archived