question for people in nyc

taco bell bomber

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey i got another question for people in new york.. why didnt i see any graff on the subways.. is it like only on certain lines? i rode the.. i dont know i can figure out wich ones ecatly if you want.. all i remeber is the 7 and the A

man, it's funny to hear people from outside NY talking about this stuff. if for some reason there's graff on a MTA train in NY (painted outside cars), expect everyone to bug out. if you've seen some of the later video grafs, the reason people motion bomb trains in stations is because NY has had a zero-tolerance policy for at least 11 years now. if it's on the train, the train doesn't run. you can marker the shit on the insides, but don't think it'll ever amount to much. besides, they're bringing more and more new cars in and taking the old redbirds out (those are the flats painted bright red that are talked about in Subway Art).

the last trains with graf on them ran about up to '88/'89. i'm excluding all the clean train business, though Ven gets long-lasting respect. i remember some of my boys trying to get to one of the last bombed lines to hit it before they pulled all the cars (i think it was some line in Queens) but it never happened.

i guess i'll have that missed opportunity in my head next to the time i told my boy, "nah i don't want to go see gorilla biscuits tonight". that was, of course, their last show. ah well.

graff tourists- be ready when you get to new york, all those old insides pics and vintage station shots are long, long gone. sadly it's a different city these days.

Guest Pilau Hands

yeah nothing will run with the mta. that running and hitting the train shit was funny...you figured...so do they have to let it run to the end of the line now? or are they gonna make all the people get off?

i've seen trains after the buff...where you can basically see that graffiti was done. but can't tell what...sad indeed

Archived