Question about side busting.

iloveboxcars

Recently at the spot I usually paint at in my yard there was an almost finished end to end with about 4 writers. I have heard of all of these writers before (2 of them are quite well known i'm sure), anyway, I noticed there was a panel and 1/2 left on the car, since this is the only place I can get significant light in the yard I decided to go ahead and paint the remaining area. I was just wondering if you were to see someone else "squeezing in" on one of the cars you and your crew painted if you would take offense to this or not. And if you would take offense only due to certain circumstances what would these be?

I personally wouldn't mind if anyone painted right next to me on anything but i'm sure there are some out there that despise it so I just wanted to get a general idea of peoples thoughts on what I did.

Ugh, my brain isn't working well today.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

as long as youre not trying to make it seem like you got down with who ever youre painting next to like matching colors and shit....then fuck it..paint where ever you wanna paint. its not like they own the fucking boxcar(or whatever)..

personally.. i like painting under people who do a piece like halfway up the panel. it looks neat.

hers my two cents..paint wherever..if i did a good freight and some sucky motherfucker got up right next to my shit then i guees oh well..im not gonna cry..ive been forced to get on a car when my spot was bare..we all have done that..i have also seen people cry sidebust and then that motherfucker has sidebusted me or whoever and if you dont like it quit..the last thing this world needs is another freight writer..its obvious who rocks with who if your real you know..just come off if your gonna do it..i hate crybaby bitches..you think sidebusted on trains suck..try gettin sidebusted on a freeway..that fucker sucks anyways

I can't beleive the replies I reading to this. To think that you have over 2000 post on this board, and you would ask such cleary stupid question.

Stay off someone else's car you fuckin immature idiots.

ahhh, you couldn't get enough light on the other side of the car? Fuck off...

the point of an e2e to signify that those writers all hit that car at the same time and place. You complety distroy any sence on history in years to come if everyone side busts.

Lastly.....I can assure you that 85-90% of side busting is commited by fools who have no clue what they're doing and any writer that is known is not going to want some idiot spot jocking them on a solo train.

there's how many trains in service right now accross North America???

Right, so don't sidebust

who cares how many posts they have on a fucking message board, you think this gives them any sort of common sense, i mean well, it's not common really, i just always had this preconceived notion that you don't side bust cat's you don't know, but i understand the situation where all the cars in your "spot" have been hit, though it's never happened to me, since damn near every freight is empty, and if it's not, its hit by a very well known midwest cat and his boy, so no, i wouldn't put up a peice next to theirs, simply because i'd rather not have that akward confrontation.

dephek, im going this way now.

I'm sorry, but who are you to try and define what an e2e is for. I dated what I did very clearly, of course I am not sure if any of the other writers dated what they did. Also, I couldn't hit the other side of the car because there was not only not enough light but there was no room inbetween that line and the next. I couldn't paint on the other side of the other car because there is a road right there. I don't see how this is considered ignorant, once again I am simply trying to get a general idea of how people feel about this.

I still can't believe you tried to tell me what an e2e is for, you fucking retard.

if you don't cram right up beside me, i don't give a shit.

if i catch it on the roll back and its got a new piece on the other panel, its good to see, shows me at least one person caught it.. isn't that the point?

as far as the e2e is concerned, i wouldn't have done it and i wouldn't want someone doing it to me.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

I still can't believe you tried to tell me what an e2e is for, you fucking retard.

Then let's hear you drop some science on what an e2e is then....

By your reasoning....everyone should paint on any car. With that approach in mind, it would only be a matter of time before the term 'end 2 end' would become somewhat antiquated. I'll elaborate on that cause I'm sure it's over your head.

By this I'm saying, the reason people even say e2e is because it's something different from most pannels and it requires a seporate term, in order for others to understand what is implied. If no one had done this from day one, then I would say that a majority of cars would look like GVSR's and VCY's. When you catch one of those cars, they look like an ally way, because of people going over and sidebusting etc.

Reply to that, and don't cop out with " I only ment when there's nowhere else to paint"

Ok, so what you are trying to explain to me is that an e2e deserves it's own description because it's different from panels. I agree, but it's description is not the one you gave, that is simply how you feel. The description of an e2e is a car that is filled with art from right to left.

I was going to drone on about this but I feel I got what point I had put across.

Make no mistakes, I do understand what you are saying and I agree to an extent, but (excuse the cop out) when there is no where else to paint and I want to paint, i'm painting there.

If you meant something totally different go ahead and explain again, it's early morning and I haven't slept yet.

Ok, so due to all of the posts I can see that I made a mistake in etiquette. I still don't agree with fr8otech's history example, but I do understand that someone may not like what I did, hopefully this won't start anything between me and the other guys. Also considering this is the only place I come in contact with other writers there are still some things I am ignorant to just because they don't agree with my views and I assume most people feel the same way about it as I do. I asked the question because I thought someone might have had a problem with it, and I would think people would respect me for me putting my "writer credibility" on the line to make sure I am not rubbing anyone the wrong way.

Let's be lovers.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

Recently at the spot I usually paint at in my yard there was an almost finished end to end with about 4 writers. I have heard of all of these writers before (2 of them are quite well known i'm sure), anyway, I noticed there was a panel and 1/2 left on the car, since this is the only place I can get significant light in the yard I decided to go ahead and paint the remaining area. I was just wondering if you were to see someone else "squeezing in" on one of the cars you and your crew painted if you would take offense to this or not. And if you would take offense only due to certain circumstances what would these be?

I personally wouldn't mind if anyone painted right next to me on anything but i'm sure there are some out there that despise it so I just wanted to get a general idea of peoples thoughts on what I did.

I wouldn't have sidebusted it. Squeezing on might be pushing it. If there is an entire side open it might be more acceptable. But sqeezing on the end or in the middle (like on the door) is not the thing to do in my opinion.

I have definately sidebusted a few myself. There's a yard in California I use to paint at. When it wasn't the season, there would be very few good freights. I know I sidebusted a Lewis there once because there was only a couple UP reefers there and they were all taken except for this small Lewis that was all alone on one side, I did the other panel of it, but regret it now.

In the end I think if you're going to side bust at least make it obvious you did not paint with that person. Show some respect.

...sorry i'm not lettin this die...

...it's really funny how easily you can tell the toy responses from the legitimate ones...

...sidebusting is fuckin wrong if you don't know the other writer...ESPECIALLY on an e2e...that would piss me the fuck off...not just if i was one of those kids...but even if i saw it rolling or in the yard...

...it's a different story if you're gettin up with your boy on a car and he just happens to not be there at the moment...use this as a rule:...if you can call the person up after you side-busted them and say, "dude, i totally just side-busted you." and they laugh about it, it's ok...if not...you're being a toy...

...please don't side-bust...it looks stupid...

...by the way...you said that these people weren't better than you, just more well known...guess what?...being more well known means they are better than you...and it makes you look like you're just tryin to get fame by side busting them...just lettin you know...

...i will admit that in my earlier days i sidebusted once...and i paid the price for it and i know that i deserved it...i still feel stupid for that decision, even though it was the only car at the spot...it was still wrong...

if i still painted, id paint wherever the fuck i want. i never particularly felt like jumping on a car that someone else had already hit once i actually grew out of the toy phase. if its someone that i know, or someone that one of my friends knows well, i would consider jumping on it if there were noone else on the car.

Guest Mike bibby

i only side busted 1 person this year, "pako" on a chilled express, he was on the number side and i did a piece on the "chilled" side, btw his piece was friggin fresh! "no i didnt go over anyone" haha

Originally posted by Mike bibby

i only side busted 1 person this year, "pako" on a chilled express, he was on the number side and i did a piece on the "chilled" side, btw his piece was friggin fresh! "no i didnt go over anyone" haha

i just cuaght that!!!!! your peice sucked!

nah, just kidding.

Guest Mike bibby
Originally posted by cascade_67

i just cuaght that!!!!! your peice sucked!

nah, just kidding.

did you get flicks?? if you did could you email me them?

...yeah this is a different argument...but when it comes to freights...i feel being up is the most crucial element of being good...you cna be up and not good, but few are good that are not up...style matters...but dedication matters more...

...at least that's how i feel about it today...

Anybody trying to recite some kind of 'freight etiquette' rules is off their nut. There are no rules. What there is is a bunch of heads who will have different reactions to your sidebusting them, anywhere from 'cool' to 'who the fuck does that toy think he is, ima take out his shit from now on'. So address the reality: there will be mixed reviews to your actions, and you could look stupid or make some enemies. Decide for yourself.

There are some trains and situations where I wouldn't sidebust. There are others, in the minority, where I would, and have, usually if the first head(s) on the car went small or were obviously choosing numbers over quality, or I know them, or their shit is dissed or stamped, etc. I sidebusted once in my toy days, decided a year later it was a wack situation (looked like I did an e2e with a different crew), and since the car was a local I eventually tracked it down and had one of my boys buff me off of it. I saw a train of mine come back sidebusted by Ased and not only was I not bothered, I would have suggested he go right over me instead because it happened to be a shit piece I had done. It all varies by situation, use your judgment, put yourself in other people's shoes, and if in doubt, pick another train.