QUESTION ABOUT RAISING PUPPIES?

ETHREADZNY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, you're going to have to hit or spank them when they pee on your shit, otherwise they won't know whether youre mad or happy when they mess up. i'm not saying break it's leg because it pee'd on your carpet, but a tap on that ass to let it know YOUR boss is ok... hahaha

from what i saw growing up and my mom doing to our pets (we had many) you put there face in it, not in the puddle but next to it, to let them know what you are mad about, and then spank them and tell them NO NO NO!! ahhahaahahah, then tell them to go to the bathroom outside, and throw them out back for awhile.

:D

Guest imported_Europe

Take them outsides where they can do their business ALL the time when theyre young. Give them praise when they do their business, so they know they did a good thing. Start slowing the outsides trips down and in the end the dog will know that its time for business when its outside.

When they do their business inside, which is unavoidable in the beginning, yell at it a little bit in a dark voice right when its doing it or right after, it will learn that its a bad thing to do.

Training it is a bitch, Im doing it at the moment, but its worth it in the end...

Guest willy.wonka

dog tricks..the secret

put a real tasty treat in your hand.."cup it"

have the pup smell the treat and have him follow your hand around (stayin one spot) have his nose follow actually

to sit..just say sit and raise your fist above the pup's head...causing him/her to look up and sit down

to lay is just the opposite..just say lay and bring the treat down to the ground..having him follow your every hand move..:bonus: try to have your pup lay and bring your treat to the left or right and say "roll over" and kind of guid your pup to roll.

once you and your pup start getting better..you can have him follow you around with the treat in your hand still..for "heal"

it is wise and very rewarding to teach your pup all of this throughout the puppy years..by the time he or she turns into a full grown dog, you have a loveable diciplined dog.

just make sure you give him the "good dog" and pet him and reward him or her with the treat after they accomplished the task..it will take a while to learn, but well worth it.

take your dog out to use the bathroom every once in a while..then as the pup ages it will be known to want to go out to shit or piss.

good luck..

Guest railroadjerk

my mom totally fucked this all up with her last dog. she thinks its housbroken because she takes it out at the same times every day, but the dog still loses it in the house all the time.

i frankly dont see it ever being housebroken. you know youve got a great dog when it taps on the door because it has to go to the bathroom. makes me feel like i accomplished something with it.

Guest imported_Europe

Let the dog live in the apartment with you.

Dont lock it up.

People dont like being locked up, it fucks with them, same with dogs.

If you really have to, make sure its plenty big for the dog and it has something to lay on and water to drink.

Guest imported_Tesseract

NEVER HIT A DOG, IF S/HE DOES SOMETHING WRONG YELL AT THE DAWG...MAKE SURE YOU KEEP AN ATTITUDE FOR A WHILE...PLAYING WITH IT AFTER 5 MINUTES DOESNT REALLY WORK, ITS IMPORTANT THAT THE DOG LEARNS YOUNG, THEN ITS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER....IF ITS YOUR FIRST PUPPPY BE SURE THAT S/HE'LL USE ALL THAT PUPPY CHARM TO GET AWAY WITH SHIT...IF YOU BREAK YOU'LL END UP LIKE ME:

MY BITCH:

-Sleeps in my bed

-Under the blanket

-bites her nails

-prefers pillows

-drinks water from the shower

-fucks my leg

Originally posted by THUMB WRESTL

what kind of dog is it? i'd let it roam freely, its only and apartment, but if need be, i'd get one of those gate things and keep it in the kitchen, that way it can run around in there and if it goes to the bathroom its easy to clean up..

its a rat terriar, kinda of looks like eddie from the show frasier. good point about the kitchen. yeah the charm is the worst part, the damn thing nibbles on tissues and everything in site.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

its a rat terriar, kinda of looks like eddie from the show frasier. good point about the kitchen. yeah the charm is the worst part, the damn thing nibbles on tissues and everything in site.

tearing up tissues and whatnot can be solved by:

buy it some chew sticks, a chew toy (like soemthing rubber or like a rubber ring or something that will last longer then the chew sticks) and a play toy to keep it occupied. problem solved (for the most part)

Nah you don't have to hit them.

Say if the dog takes a dump on you floor, my father takes the dog by the back of the neck to hold it's head and puts it's nose right up on the shit and yells at it to intimidate the shit out of it while it's staring at it's own shit, then maybe a light slap on the snout but after awhile of doin that it'll get the message....

"Everytime I take a shit in this room, I get my nose put in it and yelled at like crazy.... hmmmm"

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Re: dog tricks..the secret

Originally posted by willy.wonka

once you and your pup start getting better..you can have him follow you around with the treat in your hand still..for "heal"

Good way to start. As your dog grows and gains both experience and magic points, it can go much farther than simple healing spells. Around Level 12, you can train him for more advanced techniques such as "Lightning", "Cloak", and "Confusion". Summoning spells come much later, since they require a lot of experience and patience, but the time spent training your dog will be well worth it. Good luck on your journey. Beer,

El Mamerro

my dog is totally crate trained she loves her crate....give her treats when you put her in and a toy to play with....she used to sleep in there...they dont shit where they sleep....now she sleeps on her pillow by our bed...she only goes in the crate when we arent at home shes still to young to be let out for hours...take it slow...dont use the crate for punishment...take it out ever half hour or 45 mins for a while then you will start to notice when it wants to go out....

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

I have heard through many, that chew sticks and raw hide bones tear the inside of the puppies stomach up. any word on this. The rubber rings work, but he eats the small pieces and they keep coming out in his shit.

you're gonna have to ask a vet about this one.

but think about it, how long have dogs (in general) been chewing on stuff like that?

their stomachs seem pretty fuckin hardy

and they will find dangerous stuff to chew on regardless..it is a dog after all

or go to petsmart or some shit and ask em if they have a chew toy thats gentle..

they make those plastic ones too, that squek, or are shaped like a newspaper or whatnot..

good luck

i used to have a little rat terrier

he was so goddamn cute..

i miss him

but he stank..

we had to give him baths or keep his hair cut close

anyway, good luck..

you should post flicks

Archived