Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

question about getting my license suspended...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by LadyKrink, Oct 8, 2002.

1. LadyKrink

LadyKrink New Jack

alright i went to court and the judge restricted my license to driving only to my drug program and home due to negligent driving ( 3 tickets in less than 12 months.) Then i got a letter from the DMV saying not only is my license restricted for longer but if i get another ticket within the next 12 months my license will be suspended for 6 months. Alright heres the question...I just recently got a ticket for my exhaust being too loud, since its after market or whatever. Is that going to be considered another ticket to where they take my license away for 6 months?

2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

look at yer ticket and see if it's a moving violation... i believe that only moving violations should effect a suspension...

3. LadyKrink

LadyKrink New Jack

nah it just says MODIFIED EXHAUST AFTERMARKET...

but what about this it says on another part of the ticket
    P.F/MAX SPD.

SPEED APPROX.

can they get me for speeding even though they didnt like write it out and let me know im being cited for speeding as well?

4. When

When 12oz Loyalist

please belive i gone through this bullshit before

no they will not count your exhaust as a deciding factor on a suspension
    since it is only a fix-it ticket
    the speeding part also shouldnt affect you since it is not the reason for the ticket

ive gotten fix-it tickets before and the only count i have had to fix is the first
    all listed below the judge will just take into consideration

have a nice day.

5. LadyKrink

LadyKrink New Jack

man i feel stupid but alright when i go to court or whatever to show i fixed my exhaust do they check to see if i have a cat converter ( i have just straight piping) ?

6. When

When 12oz Loyalist

yeah to get the ticket signed off the cop will examine your whole exhaust and probably under your hood as well, best make that shit look stock

ps. cali cops are cracking down on no cat violations hardcore as of lately

7. vinyl junkie

yes they are... however, a lot of them don't really know what they're looking for... and if it's a sound/volume thing you got a ticket for, they may not actually check yer pipes, they'll just turn the engine and stand outside with a decible meter...

8. vinyl junkie

by the way, just make sure you take care of it... fix it tickets go to warrant way faster than you'd think...

9. When

When 12oz Loyalist

db's be pretty high with no cat though

hey mr. junkie

10. LadyKrink

LadyKrink New Jack

so if they see that i have no cat converter are they just going to like give me another ticket?

its weird though because this past friday i was a passenger in a car and a friend of mine got stopped and he didnt have a license so they hassled all of us until they decided thank God to just let us go and the cop told me "miss you need to take the keys and drive the car for your friend and get out of here" and my homie was like officer she has a restricted license i dont want her getting in any more trouble and the cops said that they looked up my name and it didnt say anything about my license being restricted...what the fuck is that? i mean should i chill and not drive or just fuck it and drive wherever since the restrictions on my license didnt even show up on the cops computer...

11. When

When 12oz Loyalist

within the month

12. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Damn girl, learn how to drive.
    By learn how to drive I mean know how to look out for cops.
    I got cop & hoodrat radar built in my brain.
    I can spot cops or hoodrats in a dark alley at a few hundred feet away @ 2am while still looking out for rivals.

must be the nightowl gene.

13. When

When 12oz Loyalist

damn hoodrats :shakes fist:

damn them!

14. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

me too..i can spot in the dark shadows that nobodyelse can see.i spot chicks nightly.

wonk slwothgin

15. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i can "spot" cops^^ :i didnt feel like editing: