QUESTION ABOUT CARS....how 2 drive 5speed and paper signing

Guest -MOE LESTER-

Guest -MOE LESTER-

yo im buying a bucket tommorow for $500, its a good deal 1990 mazda in good condition

how does the whole paper signing process go down...do i gotta be 18 and have a drivers liscense?

how do you drive a 5speed.....is it to accelerate its hold down clutch, shift into gear, let go of clutch, accelerate

and for braking you hold down the clutch and the brake at the same time, then just push the accelerator if its in gear 1....break it down for me!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The paperwork shit is one the back of the title, and they have to make

up a bill of sale that has their same exact name that's on the title now,

plus your name. Also, if you want to pay tax on the sale itself instead

of at registration (which is the smartest) make the bill of sale for like

100 bucks instead of 500... rip the state off.

To drive.... haha this will be tough if it's your first time. Just make sure

dude doesn't watch when you try to drive off or you might get a little

embarrassed.

1st gear. Clutch all the way in... push the gas in about 1/4 an inch.

Slowly let out the clutch til you hear the engine bog down a little. Now,

the clutch is engaging.

Keep letting the clutch out at a SLOW PACE. Just because you start

moving does NOT mean you can take your foot off... that's how you stall

that shit and look like a retard. Instead, keep that same slowness going,

but add some gas at about the same rate that you're letting the clutch

out.

When the clutch gets out, accelerate until you get to about 2500-3000 rpm.

Clutch in. 2nd gear. You're gonna keep your foot on the gas a LITTLE,

but now, you can let the clutch out a little quicker. Same for the following gears.

Deceleration: At first, fully depress the clutch, and use your brakes to

slow you down. If you start feeling confident:

Clutch in. Downshift to the next gear, add a little gas, THEN release the

clutch. Use the brake and the engine to slow you down.

AIM: Chr0nicattrition if you need more.

DONT DO IT MAN. WAIT TILL APRIL WHEN YOUR MOM WILL SPRING FOR IT !!!!

BUT IF YOU ARE ... YEAH ONCE THE OWNER SIGNS THE BOTTOM OF THE TITLE ITS YOURS. I HAD MY TRUCK IN MY DRIVEWAY FOR 3 MONTHS WITH NO LICENCE, SUCKED TO RIDE MY BIKE UP TO THE TRUCK EVERYDAY.

AS FOR STICK ... ITS FUN ... MY TRUCK WAS STICK AND I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IT FOR A BIT ... I THINK ITS BETTER TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A STICK ... MAKES YOU A MUCH BETTER DRIVER.

MY GIRL JUST BOUGHT A NEW CAR THAT IS STICK ... SHE HAD TO LEARN HOW TO USE IT AND SHIT SHE HAS GOTTEN SO MUCH BETTER DRIVING. SHE USED TO MAKE ME SICK DRIVING BUT ITS MELLOW NOW.

The whole key is getting the coordination down when you're letting off the clutch and giving it gas. That's the hardest part.

Do it the way I learned. have a friend who can drive stick take you to an empty and desolate parking lot where you can practice to your hearts content. Unless you're gifted, you're going to stall like a motherfucker the first dozen times you do it but the concept catches on quick. Do this when you are SOBER.

The real challenege is keeping your cool when you venture out into the world of other drivers with your newly aqquired skills. Whatever you do, don't panic if you stall it out in the middle of an intersection. Just look pissed like your car just shit the bed and peeps'll understand.

once you have it down, 5-Speed is the shit. While it may suck ass when you're in bumper to bumper traffic, it will afford you infintely more control over your car than an automatic, you can corner faster and tighter as well as supplmenting your brakes through the magic of downshifting. That and it just looks way cooler to chicks that you can drive the "manly" way.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i think im gonna buy the cutty...those cars are too fucking sick...i like protoges but its manual transmission and im gonna be stoned/drunk alot in my car and i dont need to hassle with a stick

plus im not tyring to drop money on window replacement...i want to buy the cutty and keep it and maybe even turn it into a muscle car in the future...do some engine swaps, plush the interior out, rims, all that good shit...ive always wanted a cutlass supreme

Originally posted by heavyLox

the "CLUTCH" is a myth man just jam the car into what ever gear you want to be in, the louder it grinds the better your doing.

i just fell out of my chair at this !!! classic .... man, this must mean i am a great driver. shit smokes alot too ... is that a good sign ??

i had a friend who was an idiot. i was lucky enough to witness this from the passenger seat. he was going up a steep hill in a stick. ( san francisco steep) the fool shifted all the way to 3rd on the hill ... well needless to say he stalled out. with a buch of cars now waiting behind him he started to get panicky ... he put it in first and ( i still dont know how) but let out the cluth and gased it all messed up. there was white smoke pouring out from under the truck on all sides ... we didnt even make it home before he had no clutch left. we got stranded out between cities and this was pre cellphone pager era. it sucked !!! its a great laugh now !!

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

shuold i buy an 84 cutlass supreme AT for $500, or a mazda protoge MT for $500 but it needs window replacement

get the Olds........if you get the Mazda....save up for a new clutch because you will probably end up needing one....

Guest -MOE LESTER-

yea fuck clutches...mazda clutches from that era are known to break down...my homies chevy nova just had to have his clutch replaced and it costed a good chunk of money

im gonna go smoke a blunt now and go to sleep dreaming about my shitty ass car

anyone know any websites where i can buy those fat plush interior seats and other car parts for an 84 cutlass supreme???

you can have those seats re-done....

as far as parts-any scrap yard will have parts for cheap(body and interior)

look up yearone.com I think that what it is....or year-one

Guest -MOE LESTER-

im a fucking good driver because im half japanese and japanese people can drive fucking good man....i can drive better when im high than when im sober

ive owned a few mazdas

2 b2200 trucks and a 626 all were manual and i can tell you that if you dont know how to drive stick, they will not take the abuse

the olds will be a much better car for you

dont worry about fixing it up you probably wont have it long

goodday

learning to drive stick: go to an empty parking lot and practice taking off from a stand still, with only using the clutch. Do not touch the gas. You will have to release very slowly and gently. This will give you a greater understandning of your clutches biting point. Every car feels different as well, and you will have to get used to an array of different feeling clutches that may take some time to get used to.

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

shuold i buy an 84 cutlass supreme AT for $500, or a mazda protoge MT for $500 but it needs window replacement

the oldsmobile is one of those big ass cars, right ? get it, i want one of those.

dudes: so, say you're stalled on a hill, in third gear. you hold down the brakes, put it in neutral, then first, right ? or in order to put it in neutral, do you have to shift down through first gear ?

Originally posted by ARCEL

the oldsmobile is one of those big ass cars, right ? get it, i want one of those.

dudes: so, say you're stalled on a hill, in third gear. you hold down the brakes, put it in neutral, then first, right ? or in order to put it in neutral, do you have to shift down through first gear ?

an olds cutlass isnt a very big car

well to get to first youll have to pass through neutral,

im guessing youve never driven stick so see diagram below...

1-3-5

...N...

2-4-R

Originally posted by ARCEL

Going up or down? Going down, simply downshifting will start your

vehicle again. Unless you have serious mechanical problems, you aren't

gonna stall going down. If you're going uphill, push in the clutch and let

the hill slow you down. If you have to stop faster, go ahead and try the

brakes, but keep in mind they'll be much harder to push without the

engine running. You don't have to downshift. However when you try

to start going again, you're gonna be fucked if you can't get it started, so

you might wanna try to turn off somewhere.