1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

QUESTION ABOUT CARS....how 2 drive 5speed and paper signing

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by -MOE LESTER-, Nov 5, 2003.

1. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

QUESTION ABOUT CARS....how 2 drive 5speed and paper signing

Discussion started by -MOE LESTER- - Nov 5, 2003

yo im buying a bucket tommorow for $500, its a good deal 1990 mazda in good condition

how does the whole paper signing process go down...do i gotta be 18 and have a drivers liscense?

how do you drive a 5speed.....is it to accelerate its hold down clutch, shift into gear, let go of clutch, accelerate

and for braking you hold down the clutch and the brake at the same time, then just push the accelerator if its in gear 1....break it down for me!

2. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

S@T@N - Replied Nov 5, 2003

The paperwork shit is one the back of the title, and they have to make
    up a bill of sale that has their same exact name that's on the title now,
    plus your name. Also, if you want to pay tax on the sale itself instead
    of at registration (which is the smartest) make the bill of sale for like
    100 bucks instead of 500... rip the state off.

To drive.... haha this will be tough if it's your first time. Just make sure
    dude doesn't watch when you try to drive off or you might get a little
    embarrassed.

1st gear. Clutch all the way in... push the gas in about 1/4 an inch.

Slowly let out the clutch til you hear the engine bog down a little. Now,
    the clutch is engaging.

Keep letting the clutch out at a SLOW PACE. Just because you start
    moving does NOT mean you can take your foot off... that's how you stall
    that shit and look like a retard. Instead, keep that same slowness going,
    but add some gas at about the same rate that you're letting the clutch
    out.

When the clutch gets out, accelerate until you get to about 2500-3000 rpm.

Clutch in. 2nd gear. You're gonna keep your foot on the gas a LITTLE,
    but now, you can let the clutch out a little quicker. Same for the following gears.

Deceleration: At first, fully depress the clutch, and use your brakes to
    slow you down. If you start feeling confident:

Clutch in. Downshift to the next gear, add a little gas, THEN release the
    clutch. Use the brake and the engine to slow you down.

AIM: Chr0nicattrition if you need more.

S@T@N - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Nov 5, 2003

DONT DO IT MAN. WAIT TILL APRIL WHEN YOUR MOM WILL SPRING FOR IT !!!!
    BUT IF YOU ARE ... YEAH ONCE THE OWNER SIGNS THE BOTTOM OF THE TITLE ITS YOURS. I HAD MY TRUCK IN MY DRIVEWAY FOR 3 MONTHS WITH NO LICENCE, SUCKED TO RIDE MY BIKE UP TO THE TRUCK EVERYDAY.
    AS FOR STICK ... ITS FUN ... MY TRUCK WAS STICK AND I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IT FOR A BIT ... I THINK ITS BETTER TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE A STICK ... MAKES YOU A MUCH BETTER DRIVER.

MY GIRL JUST BOUGHT A NEW CAR THAT IS STICK ... SHE HAD TO LEARN HOW TO USE IT AND SHIT SHE HAS GOTTEN SO MUCH BETTER DRIVING. SHE USED TO MAKE ME SICK DRIVING BUT ITS MELLOW NOW.

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Nov 5, 2003

The whole key is getting the coordination down when you're letting off the clutch and giving it gas. That's the hardest part.

Do it the way I learned. have a friend who can drive stick take you to an empty and desolate parking lot where you can practice to your hearts content. Unless you're gifted, you're going to stall like a motherfucker the first dozen times you do it but the concept catches on quick. Do this when you are SOBER.

The real challenege is keeping your cool when you venture out into the world of other drivers with your newly aqquired skills. Whatever you do, don't panic if you stall it out in the middle of an intersection. Just look pissed like your car just shit the bed and peeps'll understand.

once you have it down, 5-Speed is the shit. While it may suck ass when you're in bumper to bumper traffic, it will afford you infintely more control over your car than an automatic, you can corner faster and tighter as well as supplmenting your brakes through the magic of downshifting. That and it just looks way cooler to chicks that you can drive the "manly" way.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Nov 5, 2003

shouldnt you have a liscence to drive first ?

6. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

-MOE LESTER- - Replied Nov 5, 2003

shuold i buy an 84 cutlass supreme AT for $500, or a mazda protoge MT for $500 but it needs window replacement

7. S@T@N

S@T@N 12oz Senior Member

S@T@N - Replied Nov 5, 2003

Protoge. Get the window shit done. Screw an Oldsmobile... I hate those
    fucking cars with a passion.

S@T@N - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. heavyLox

heavyLox 12oz Veteran Member

heavyLox - Replied Nov 5, 2003

the "CLUTCH" is a myth man just jam the car into what ever gear you want to be in, the louder it grinds the better your doing.

heavyLox - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

i think im gonna buy the cutty...those cars are too fucking sick...i like protoges but its manual transmission and im gonna be stoned/drunk alot in my car and i dont need to hassle with a stick

plus im not tyring to drop money on window replacement...i want to buy the cutty and keep it and maybe even turn it into a muscle car in the future...do some engine swaps, plush the interior out, rims, all that good shit...ive always wanted a cutlass supreme

10. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Nov 5, 2003

i just fell out of my chair at this !!! classic .... man, this must mean i am a great driver. shit smokes alot too ... is that a good sign ??

i had a friend who was an idiot. i was lucky enough to witness this from the passenger seat. he was going up a steep hill in a stick. ( san francisco steep) the fool shifted all the way to 3rd on the hill ... well needless to say he stalled out. with a buch of cars now waiting behind him he started to get panicky ... he put it in first and ( i still dont know how) but let out the cluth and gased it all messed up. there was white smoke pouring out from under the truck on all sides ... we didnt even make it home before he had no clutch left. we got stranded out between cities and this was pre cellphone pager era. it sucked !!! its a great laugh now !!

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Nov 5, 2003

get the Olds........if you get the Mazda....save up for a new clutch because you will probably end up needing one....

12. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

yea fuck clutches...mazda clutches from that era are known to break down...my homies chevy nova just had to have his clutch replaced and it costed a good chunk of money

im gonna go smoke a blunt now and go to sleep dreaming about my shitty ass car

anyone know any websites where i can buy those fat plush interior seats and other car parts for an 84 cutlass supreme???

13. 455

455 Guest

455 - Replied Nov 5, 2003

you can have those seats re-done....

as far as parts-any scrap yard will have parts for cheap(body and interior)

look up yearone.com I think that what it is....or year-one

14. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

im a fucking good driver because im half japanese and japanese people can drive fucking good man....i can drive better when im high than when im sober

15. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Nov 6, 2003

ive owned a few mazdas
    2 b2200 trucks and a 626 all were manual and i can tell you that if you dont know how to drive stick, they will not take the abuse
    the olds will be a much better car for you
    dont worry about fixing it up you probably wont have it long

goodday

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: