1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

question about absenthe(sp?)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Zack Morris, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

question about absenthe(sp?)

Discussion started by Zack Morris - Feb 22, 2002

my girlfriend and a few of her friends are planning on doing some of this stuff next weekend...I was wondering if anyone knew what the side effects are of this drug..I looked on erowid.org and I couldn't find anything about side effects and the such.

on a realated due to this absenthe I might not get to go see my girlfriend next weekend...she would rather get high than see me...:(

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Feb 22, 2002

I dont think it has too many bad side effects, an im pretty certain it wont do anything bad if you do it in moderation. Im not totally sure, but it looks just as bad for you as alchahol.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

fr8lover - Replied Feb 22, 2002

absinthe technically isnt a drug, its a greenish colored liquor concocted from wormwood (which some say give it its hallucinogenic traits) and other stuff i dont really know...its just supposed to be a real crazy drunk, with a chance of hallucinations...my buddy drank a shitload and said he had never been more fucked up in his life, and this guy is a bruiser as far as drinking and drugging go.

4. patrickjilbert

patrickjilbert 12oz Member

patrickjilbert - Replied Feb 22, 2002

i heard sometimes if you drink too much Oprah Winfrey will cut her way out of your testicles and start gnawing at your face thinking it's mint chip Haggen Dazs.

[​IMG]

patrickjilbert - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Feb 22, 2002

a couple friends did that not long ago, they went from fairly intelligent to absolutely retarded in 10 minutes. 2 shots. they said theyd never been that fucked up before, but wouldnt want to do it again.

6. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder 12oz Elite Member

kaesthebluntedwonder - Replied Feb 22, 2002

drugs are fuckin retarded i swear...the fact that she would rather get high than chill with you i find pretty lame, but thats just me..

kaesthebluntedwonder - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Feb 22, 2002

i find it pretty lame too kaes, considering that we get to see each toehr maybe twice a month at the most since she lives abit aways and my car can't keep making the drive and she doesn't have the money to be coming down here alot....its just a shitty situation.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. kaesthebluntedwonder

fuckin kick her in the toe man

9. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Feb 22, 2002

its not a drug, its alcohol, the hallucinogenic ingredient s wormwood oil, wormwood oil itself is poisonous. its said you reach a drunken state of clarity.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

seven.13 - Replied Feb 22, 2002

I looked around in several stores over here for it..
    Apparently its not legal in Italy

I'll make my own./..

seven.13 - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. THE DEVIL!

THE DEVIL! 12oz Senior Member

THE DEVIL! - Replied Feb 22, 2002

Oh sweet jesus.

Absinthe is the arm, fingers, and claws of a certain deity with whom I share names. I once went to a "Party" while I was living in SF. This party was held by a fellow named **e. Some of you may know this fellow. He does a lot of postal stickers containing eyeballs and othe mildly fucked up charachters.
    At any rate, he was holding the party to celebrate with his first production of Bathtub Absinthe. Shit was good, but long story short....I was woken up naked in a doorway of a Marina dist. apt. building by a hot-ass 30yr old exec. as she attempted to step over me on her way to work, and walked 14 miles in the wrong direction to get home to Market street, Where I had originated, (presumably), wearing only a pair of too-tight chinos that I found outside the building, and a kitchen apron that I found in North Beach. My second experience was in NYC, where you can buy Absinthe (and you don't have to make it in your bathtub.) and I won't go into it. Shit makes you crazy. Litterally. Ask Theaureau, or whichever author it was that got heavilly addicted (did anyone mention that wormwood is HIGHLY addictive?) and moved to France to finish out his life drinking Absinthe.
    Have fun, and check your guns at the door.

THE DEVIL! - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo 12oz Member

I Luv Roo - Replied Feb 22, 2002

It seriously messed up alot of people back in the later 1800's, and around then. They speculate it's one of the reasons Van Gogh went insane - that and some other incidents sparked him. Talous Lautrec was a bit nutty too, and he really partied with it. I don't think it has any super serious side effects if you do it just a little bit, but neither does crack.

Someday I might wanna try it too, but in a safer way.

I Luv Roo - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. footsoldier

footsoldier 12oz Senior Member

footsoldier - Replied Feb 22, 2002

i dont know what the hell this is...im just that fucking EDGE

footsoldier - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. kaesthebluntedwonder

that sounds pretty harsh..why not just stick to cid or shrooms?

15. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Feb 22, 2002

mmmmmmmmmmmmm i cant wait to get to europe.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: