Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Quarter-life crisis.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Soup BDC, May 18, 2006.

1. Soup BDC

Soup BDC Member

I'm turning twenty in a month, and seeing as I didn't do as good as I had planned (got a D+ in one of four classes) this semester, that means I've dropped out of college, twice. Well it's not official, but I'm stressing out just the same.

If you're over 20, please tell me what you were doin back then.

2. Feel Good Lost

Feel Good Lost New Jack

23 tomorrow.

At 20 I was starting my 2nd college, I'm at my third now. 70 something credits, getting there.

This semester was terrible, 3.2 gpa, now factor in two F's and two D-'s.

School isn't life, it will be over soon enough, I also have trouble remembering that sometime.

My dad put it best when he said, "Do you know what they call a Med School grad with the lowest GPA?"

"Doctor."

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Most schools put you on academic probation and give you time to bring your grade up. Just because you gota D+ doesnt mean you have to drop the fuck out.

4. how how are are you you

how how are are you you Member

at 20,i was definitely not getting stressed over dumb shit like this

5. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

6. Soup BDC

Soup BDC Member

That D+ is the kiss of death, since I'm on academic probation already. Thank god I've got tons of work this summer so I don't have to think about it but I may be starting over again in a year. How how are are you you, you'd be stressing too if you combine failing school with a total cash deficit of $50k.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

in a relationship, writing a fake name on trains at odd hours and working a shitty job.

a lot can change in a few years.

8. Some1

Some1 12oz Loyalist

I was dropping out of college... getting into the real world quitting my band and starting my journey of becoming an unsuccessful human being... Dont say it cause ill do it for you...

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:bawling:

9. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

10. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fuck it, so you got a D. retake the course when you can.

11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

When I was 3 weeks away from turning 20 I quit the band and went to school for a couple semesters. Then I quit college. Not for grades though, unbelievably, at that point I was on the Dean's List. Anyway I quit school in Alabama and moved to Tampa and started working at a nightclub doing lights, that lasted a few years. Also when I was 20 I got hit by a train and the day after my hospital release I went to Lollapalooza (the first one), so it was a busy year...

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  12. The Man with the Answers

The Man with the Answers Member

lets see when I was 20, I was pulling 4.0s in college, working part-time, doing mad drugs and pills and having my roomates or random homeless guys/college kids buying me natural ice 12 packs and other cheap budget beer... and being on probation, doing community service and doing moderate amounts of graf...

going to college in Boston rocked... i contemplated dropping out of college many times.. just stick with it, don't slack... treat it like a job... do your thing but just get up every day and go to class then hit the library for a few hours... college is pretty easy unless your taking engineering or soemthing

13. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

At 20 I was jumping state because of warrants, dealing with friends dying, doing mad drugs, selling even more drugs, going to school and skipping class to sleep in the library.

Funny. The only thing I still really do out of all that shit is skip class to hang out in the library... except now when I do that I'm actually reading or working on something.

Don't stress. You've gotta fuck up to learn... or something equally as corney.

14. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

nice sig answer man.

Im 20 i was in college unsure of what i want to do with my life, now that im 21 i still dont know. But im going get a degree in graphic design.

15. El Jefe Uno

El Jefe Uno Dirty Dozen Crew

i'm gettin there, another year and a half and ill be 20.. i see myself still in school, still writing on things that dont belong to me, still working jobs that pay shit, still drinking 30 packs of cheap beer and 40's of even cheaper beer... and it doesnt bother me a bit, i enjoy it