Q & A

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

Question Posted By: George Lazenby on Monday, March 27, 2000

After having sex with my girlfriend almost 3 months ago I developed an "injury" I assume from simply too much sex. It occurred towards the base of my penis and did not heal for sometime. Usually, this type of sexual injury repairs itself quite quickly.

After about 3 weeks I applied Eucerin to the affected region (about 1 inch square) which soothed the irritation but after

awhile a redness seemed to spread over half of the ventral side of my penis and on the scrotum where the penis lies when flacid. I've tried, for about 3-4 weeks now, several antifungal

Athlete Foot medications including Tolnaftate, and talc in cream, spray, and powder form. This seems to soothe the problem but has not solved it. Could you help please? Is it possible the

Eucerin spread a fungal infection?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer Posted By: Derm M.D. ASR on Wednesday, March 29, 2000

George:

Better hypothesis: it isn't a fungus. Fungus in the groin invariably involves the inner thigh. The scrotum or penis tend to be afflicted with irritation, which is what you apparently have. Moisturizers like Eucerin are innocuous but not helpful. Instead, you should apply 1% hydrocortisone 3-4 times a day. If that doesn't clear you up in a week, see a physician for a somewhat stronger preparation, for this episode and to shorten future ones.

Good Luck with your penis and scrotum sack.

Dr. R

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by BROWNer

The scrotum or penis tend to be afflicted with irritation, which is what you apparently have.

Good Luck with your penis and scrotum sack.

Archived