pulled/sprained (worse?) muscle problem question

fr8lover

i worked out yesterday for the first time in a month or so and did some upper arm lifting and i might have exerted myself a little too much.

i woke up from a nap today with incredible pain around my armpit and my shoulder.

i took some ibuprofen and put some icy hot on it but since then its gotten more painful and has started to swell.

my entire arm from my elbow to my shoulder and spreading to my upper back is swollen and excruciating in pain. i cant sleep or lay down or even stand still without it throbbing in pain.

anyone have advice as to what this might be? ever had this happen?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

take a hot shower and try stretching your arm in there... grab around your elbow with your other hand, and pull your arm across your chest, then try pulling it behind your head... if it hurts way too much stop and try the ER or whatever...

i know i've seriously stressed muscles a couple times, and they just start hurting like hell and tensing up, then they pull so much they start pulling the muscles around em...

anyways, i been there, it sucks... good luck...

yo, seriously you need to roll up into the emergeny room. if its bruised w/ swelling especially.

im almost postive you probly pulled something pretty serious. at least. more than an over exertion of muscles.

swelling = blood rush to a hurt area. and water and etc creating a padding thing around whats broked.

so yeah. sounds like what i did to my ankle almost. hopefully its not as serious tho.. i was on crutches for over a month or some shit.

just got back from the ER. he said i basically stressed it too much and that itll hurt for a couple days and should be back to normal in a week or so.

they hooked me up with a few days worth of lortab so hopefully thatll help.

the pains been so bad ive been sitting here swearing to god that ill never excercise again so this pain will never happen again...

Originally posted by ARCEL

drink mad beerz, smoke phat bluntz.

This was the best advice.

I fell out of a tree and landed on my arm twisted under my body, i felt it properly WRENCH, and i thought i had dislocated it, mad pain, couldnt move it. Then pretty much the symptoms you mentioned. couple a days it was all good. :D