Pugilism AKA Boxing Thread .................

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Im going for Hatton cause Pacquaio be killing my mexican brothers but i dont think hatton got the skills.

But this is gonna be a fight if true

Mayweather return looms over Hatton-Pacquiao fight

1 day ago

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AFP) — Undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather Jnr will reportedly announce his return from a 17-month layoff just hours before Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton meet on Saturday to decide which is his top rival.

Stealing the thunder from a long-awaited showdown for the pound-for-pound throne that Mayweather abdicated by retiring in December of 2007, the Los Angeles Times and ESPN reported that the 32-year-old American will fight again in July.

Golden Boy Promotions chief executive Richard Schaefer has scheduled an afternoon news conference only six hours before Hatton of Britain and Filipino star Pacquiao fight for the Englishman's junior welterweight title.

The announcement is expected see the return of Mayweather, 39-0 with 25 knockouts, on July 18 to fight Mexico's Juan Manuel Marquez, 50-4 with one draw and 37 knockouts at the same MGM Grand arena where Pacquiao will face Hatton.

T;6327401']Mayweather would only win if he ran the whole time and tried to outpoint him' date=' but i doubt he can run a whole 12 rounds.[/quote']

That's precisely what he will do, and that's precisely why he will win.

Mayweather spars 15 five-minute rounds in a row with 30 seconds in between each. Dude's got plenty of gas for 12 regular rounds.

Don't get your hopes up with Marquez either, you're gonna see a desperate warrior swinging and missing while Mayweather connects at will from a distance.

I can see that but that would be a boring fight, buts thats boxing sometimes. I just doubt he will be able to run from manny's power 12 rounds and Freddy Roach knows how to game plan with the best of them. He will train manny to cut off the ring and get mayweather to exchange then its lights out I say Pacquaio with a KO. Marquez gonna lose regardless cause they want this fight to happen. Decision on that fight.

andrea berto is a beast, i like watching him fight. he does this right hook followed with a right upper cut so fast. ive tried to do it but its hard as fuck. anyone see them james toney sparring sessions on youtube?...dude talks so much shit while sparring i love it

• 1 month later...